Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+15
PureCraft
Paradox74
DanielDestructo
_Brain_Dead_
Grintendo.
Zoxxiify
Langse
rowanmc19
Lorecraft
CVB1234
Bubba_rocks
Nero Darkard
Boblobster
mcuser12
thefluffyswan
19 posters

Post Ponies!

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post Ponies! - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Ponies!

Post by Lorecraft Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Bubba_rocks wrote:On a happier note, OHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD LEAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKSSSS

Must keep my eyes pure O.O
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 pm

lol who's Burnalot again? Totally never heard of him. Anyways,let us continue in ponies!
    Lorecraft wrote:
    Bubba_rocks wrote:On a happier note, OHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD LEAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKSSSS

Must keep my eyes pure O.O

Last edited by Bubba_rocks on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 am

You really never stop with that shit eh?
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:26 pm

PureCraft wrote:You really never stop with that shit eh?

thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Anyways in real news:
    So my brony friend and I kept saying all these references (20% cooler and okie dokie lokie were the most common) and then during a game of nazi zombies (I was at the nonbrony friends house, the brony was at his own house, we were all talking through speaker phone), we kept saying okie dokie lokie, and then he (because we didnt tell him what it was) he says:
    "ALRIGHT im going to look up okie dokie lokie!" [he was dead at this point]
    So then my brony friend starts going "nononononononono!" And then he looks it up, during that time i leave saying imma go to the bathroom and i hear:
    "Okie Dokie Lokie...ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW ALEX??? Please tell me this isn't what it's from!" And then I'm just standing in the bathroom laughing my ass off. Then he proceeded to look at about 3 more videos, and then after I texted the brony friend a few times on the nonbrony's phone, the nonbrony looks at it and sends him a message, and the brony friend says "Okie Dokie Lokie" causing a rant from the nonbrony concerning his sexuality.

Oh, and a few weeks ago one of my friends found out i actualy watch MLP and told everyone so then me and my OTHEROTHERbronyfriend just stood there smiled and waved and everyone laughed their asses off but not everyone thought he was serious (I think?)

Now...What are you guys doing in preperation for season 3?
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 pm

I just wonder what the makers of MLP think about the fact that mature (or somewhat) guys watch their show.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm quite happy to stay here and never watch it ever
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Nearbeer wrote:I just wonder what the makers of MLP think about the fact that mature (or somewhat) guys watch their show.

I can actually give you the answer to that:

They are very proud! Their goal was to create a show that was good for all audiences.
    Sure, it is a cartoon, but the creators didnt want it to turn out so poorily that the parents watching this with their kids would want to blow out their brains.

To them, the fact that not only little girls, but also adult men love this show, means that they succeeded.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Yeah, what Nero said really. It is a show created by adults, and even if the target audience was small children, that doesn't mean they don't want to make the show accessible to their peers. The fact that it not only was tolerated by adults, but actually loved must have been a feeling of soarin success. Could you imagine how it would feel to make something that only tiny children could like, to have your only fans be incapable of a coherent conversation?
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 am

Lorecraft wrote:Yeah, what Nero said really. It is a show created by adults, and even if the target audience was small children, that doesn't mean they don't want to make the show accessible to their peers. The fact that it not only was tolerated by adults, but actually loved must have been a feeling of soarin success. Could you imagine how it would feel to make something that only tiny children could like, to have your only fans be incapable of a coherent conversation?

Precisely.

You know, its really sad to see how little understanding people can bring for people who dont act according to the norm. Its a cartoon we are talking about here! Everyone watches cartoons! You can't tell me that Tom&Jerry isn't great stuff and you cant claim to never have watched at least one episode of Pokemon at some time, or even Spongebob.

The mere fact that this show is about ponies makes everyone go extremely stereotypical. All the hate und willingness to understand because of a show so innocent...
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:58 am

Nero Darkard wrote:
    Lorecraft wrote:Yeah, what Nero said really. It is a show created by adults, and even if the target audience was small children, that doesn't mean they don't want to make the show accessible to their peers. The fact that it not only was tolerated by adults, but actually loved must have been a feeling of soarin success. Could you imagine how it would feel to make something that only tiny children could like, to have your only fans be incapable of a coherent conversation?

Precisely.

You know, its really sad to see how little understanding people can bring for people who dont act according to the norm. Its a cartoon we are talking about here! Everyone watches cartoons! You can't tell me that Tom&Jerry isn't great stuff and you cant claim to never have watched at least one episode of Pokemon at some time, or even Spongebob.

The mere fact that this show is about ponies makes everyone go extremely stereotypical. All the hate und willingness to understand because of a show so innocent...
    I don't hate it I just found it that some bronies watched and acted like a brony purely to piss people off because of how the majority treats them.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Nearbeer wrote:
    Nero Darkard wrote:

Precisely.

I don't hate it I just found it that some bronies watched and acted like a brony purely to piss people off because of how the majority treats them.

Well, not everyone agrees with the whole "Love & Tolerance" Shindig. That's fine and all, but when it gets to the point where someone gives off that all Bronies are like this....It doesn't really help out the rest of the community.

I liked the show purely from curiosity! I had no idea why people hated/loved it so much, so I gave it a try. Then I noticed the brony community and how fun they were, so I joined up.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 pm

The part I hate about this all is the term 'brony' itself, It's just a very cringing thing to say. Why don't people just say 'oh I watch mlp' because then noone has anything to refer to them as and just stop caring. It'd just turn to some random fact about them rather than the entire basis (and stereotype) for their entire being. Same goes for the term trekkie... just why? I mean they're all television series, yet you don't see people calling me a Doctor Whovian, it would just be:

'You watch Doctor Who?'
    'Yes, why?'

Then either 'haha, what a noob' or 'oh cool', then people just stop giving a shit (hell you don't even need the 'why?'). Why the same doesn't apply for bronies I don't know. There's no need for the extra publicity from either side, it's like religious evangelism all over again (not that that doesn't still go on... but that's a discussion for another day). The longer people still give a shit, the longer the unnecessary hatred and all that goes on, but I'm not a revolutionary or anything, nothing I can do will stop it.

So for the moment I'm just in it for the banter (mostly directed at my brony friends who keep on about it and just try to make it known, if there was an anti-brony activist though in my friend group I'd have a good go at them for not shutting up either, don't you worry).

If you don't want to be thought of as a stereotypical brony, don't call yourself one.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Boblobster wrote:
    If you don't want to be thought of as a stereotypical brony, don't call yourself one.
    Precisely. I'm a brony, most of my friends hate bronies, and yet we're still friends because it's not like the first thing i do whenever i see someone is yell "RAYNBAWDAUSH IS A LESBUIN LEL" and other shit, i just keep it to myself because it's not a big deal.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 pm

^This, he has the shit sussed

Do it, but don't blast it everywhere (no homo).
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Boblobster wrote:
    Why wouldn't we want to be thought of as a stereotypical Brony? You just don't like Bronies, you cant get past some fact about them liking the show, so in your mind, stereotypical is bad, because it is just another person who watches the show. You like your "non-stereotypical" Bronies because they like the show less, or dont talk about it ever, so it doesn't bother you as much. The basic truth remains, you still just hate the fact that people like the show.

MonstaBoi wrote: i just keep it to myself because it's not a big deal.
    Well, there we have it. "not a big deal". The reason you don't talk about it all the time is because you don't like it as much as some other things. If someone REALLY loved the show, of course they would talk about it a lot, they really like it. On the other hand, even the most enthusiastic Bronies I know dont go around shouting that RD is gay, mostly because it is rude to shout.

People really need to stop thinking of Bronies as some foreign entity. It is in many ways just like many other fandoms. It has people in it who are assholes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they like the show. Some people are just assholes, and will be an asshole about anything that they like. It has annoying people, but again, that has nothing to do with the fact that they like the show, they would be annoying about anything they like. It has stupid people, spammers, hackers, cosplayers, gamers, etc. but that has nothing to do with the fact that they like the show. I wish our fandom was immune, but its not. That said, if you want your stereotype to be accurate to a Brony and not just common elements of a fandom, then it would be much more focused on being a good person and trying to be nice and help people.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 pm

I find that there are people that like the show but hate the community. (*cough*PureCraft*cough*)Which is believable, because as LoreCraft said, some people are assholes which gives a bad rep for the community (and cloppers but that's a different story). But I find that most of the community participate with so many things. For example: Nero does fan fics, Giygas makes videos, I used to make poorly done memes...and so on. Most of the community even helps out with the show itself! I bet if it wasn't for us, alot of their ideas for episodes would have completely changed.

So yeah, in my eyes a Brony is someone that enjoys contributing or watching/looking at anything MLP related.

Now....Can we post ponies and end this debate?
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Not yet Bubba, my ideals have been brought in to question, and most people who have been on Freeds a while would probably know by now that I love arguing, being Welsh and all.

Lorecraft wrote:Why wouldn't we want to be thought of as a stereotypical Brony? You just don't like Bronies, you cant get past some fact about them liking the show, so in your mind, stereotypical is bad, because it is just another person who watches the show. You like your "non-stereotypical" Bronies because they like the show less, or dont talk about it ever, so it doesn't bother you as much. The basic truth remains, you still just hate the fact that people like the show.

I'mma have to do this one section by section >_>.

"Why wouldn't we want to be thought of as a stereotypical Brony?"

A stereotypical brony to me is one that doesn't shut up about it and revolves their entire life around the show, making sure everyone knows about it. Much like if someone just started rambling to you about... I dunno the art of picking flowers every time you see them, you'd get pretty annoyed too, (unless of course you are interested in that kind of thing).

People who strive to be narcissistic and obnoxious by not caring about whether the other person likes something or not, and just continues rambling on are what we call 'wankers' here in Britain, so that's why you shouldn't strive to be the stereotype (or atleast my interpretation of it).

"you cant get past some fact about them liking the show, so in your mind, stereotypical is bad, because it is just another person who watches the show."

That's just completely and entirely wrong, hell I'm not entirely sure what goes on in my mind so I dunno why you are. I really don't care if people like the show, I acknowledge that people watch and enjoy the thing, but all the fuss is just unneeded. What I don't like is when people keep on at it. No it's not some underlying reason meaning I hate people who watch it, it's just that I'm uninterested in the whole topic (unless of course there's banter involved, like right now else I wouldn't be talking) and simply would rather not know. It just doesn't concern me.

Stereotypical is not bad because they watch the show, stereotypical is bad because they don't shut up about that fact, and do it around people who don't care. This is similar to the old joke about stereotypical vegans. 'How do you know if someone is a vegan, don't worry they'll fucking tell you'. They make it a large part of their identity when it doesn't need to be, it's just the way they eat, not their entire being.

"You like your "non-stereotypical" Bronies because they like the show less, or dont talk about it ever, so it doesn't bother you as much."

Yeah pretty much, if they don't talk about it why should I care? It's not at all that they like the show less, it's that they don't talk about it if they do. Just as a general rule someone who likes it less probably wont speak of it as much, but that's a correlation, not a cause. Don't be assuming the one thing just because the other is true. If I hated bronies because they watched the show, I would be the knob head, because I have no right to commandeer your lives either.

"The basic truth remains, you still just hate the fact that people like the show."

That bit is just plain wrong.

Yes I know I'm being hypocritical in that I'm talking about it myself, but that's because I have an opinion on people who talk about the show all the time, I don't have an opinion on the show itself. Any time where I've been like 'lol what a homo' or something it's purely for the banter, same applies for the LOL topic.

Can't be bollocked to proof read. I'm sure if I said something stupid someone will surely point it out. Saves me doing it anyway.

Nooooow you may continue on posting stuff 'bout the thing. I mean I'm glad you made the topic because it means we can isolate the fandom to talk amongst themselves instead of bother the general public ;P.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:31 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:
    Precisely. I'm a brony, most of my friends hate bronies, and yet we're still friends because it's not like the first thing i do whenever i see someone is yell "RAYNBAWDAUSH IS A LESBUIN LEL" and other shit, i just keep it to myself because it's not a big deal.

This is like me
    A lot of my friends know i'm a brony, and I don't hide that fact. Of course, those who have never heard of it are just like "Wha-HAHAHA" or something whenever they learn/figure it out, or they question it for a few...days...in one case a few weeks...
    Anyways, my friends know I'm a brony, but does that change anything about how we interact? No. All it does is just create a little more banter/jokes between us. They could give less of a shit (actually, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them wasn't concerned [see the case about being questioned for a few weeks above]) about what I watch, for, it has done NOTHING bad and a lot of joy, both in the show and fandom.
    And I don't go around shouting about ponies, but I do own ONE shirt. A black shirt with a rainbow silhouette of Rainbow Dash and the words 20% Cooler underneath. For people who don't understand it, they just see a rainbow and the words 20% Cooler (When someone LOUDLY asked me "Is that a my little pony shirt" in front of my math teacher, he made me stand there while he inspected my shirt trying to find the pony the girl pointed out before leaving), though it's not like that for everyone (my friends who never saw the show before figured out it was a pony the 2nd time I wore it). And to the one's who get it, they usually approach with a word or two to say (In other words, bringing two random strangers a bit closer together because of a mutual interest). Pretty much, people who don't understand the shirt don't, and people who do understand it and in most cases have said something posittive about either the shirt or show. The other few cases were just jokes/banter thrown around.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 pm

ITT: Ponyfags projecting
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:41 pm

2 things:

Boblobster wrote:

I mean I'm glad you made the topic because it means we can isolate the fandom to talk amongst themselves instead of bother the general public ;P.

The reason I made this thread pretty much, as to not clog up the forums with little nonsense that could/would only get like 3 replies.

AND:

Boblobster wrote:

Can't be bollocked to proof read.

Post Ponies! - Page 3 PonyRarityYES
    Finally a person who says bollocks other than me!!! And their in England too (i think>?) which makes it even awesomer (I am the only person who really uses "bollocks" that I know, andquite commonly too. AND my cousins from Scottland were telling me about their "vocabulary compared to ours/yours" and they said that no one uses "bollocks" anymore. so YAY!)
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:58 pm

WALES DAMNIT!

But yeah bollocks is a great word, among my favourite. I own a pair and everything.

For example, whenever I play the card game 'bull shit' I say bollocks on instinct when someone's clearly bollocksing.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:30 am

Bob, your response to mine was wonderful. My favorite part was that I already responded to what you are saying in your response in my post. You are wrongly stereotyping Bronies based off of your misconceptions. But anyways, I don't want to detract from that brilliant response so I won't go into the arguable cause for your misconception.

So, ponies. ITS NOVEMBER! SO CLOSE! And because I didn't post anything for Luna Time, here's Captain Luna.
    Post Ponies! - Page 3 78838+-+artist+john_joseco+featured_image+humanized+luna
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:58 am

Just because you say it as if you could respond, doesn't mean you can ;P

I mean on the contrary, you were saying what I said in my original post in your response, which I then repeated kinda in my response to your response that bronies are nothing special over other fandoms, except they have more publicity for some reason.

The main point of my reply was that you were saying I disliked bronies because they watch the show, where as I just don't care. In actuality I just dislike those who don't shut up about it out of context (unless they do it on purpose in which case it's banter all around). Whether my version of the stereotype is correct is irrelevant seeing as people knew what I meant <_<.

Noooooowww you may continue. Or atleast until Lore replies again, then I'll reply and all that nonsense, just assume it's in the background >_>.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:26 pm

So lets just agree. Some Bronies are fucktards and annoying, some aren't. The end.

5 days till pony

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:14 am