Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+10
redrussell1
Rang3ramhard
Skje
Burnalot
McPowell
Ninjaplz
dylandylan72
kTal54
3zeki3l
mcuser12
14 posters

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!

mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Empty Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!

Post by mcuser12 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes, it's true.

We will be getting a fresh map, fixing all the issues we have with the current map.

Post the screenie of you what every you want saved, with the four corners denoted with an F3 screenshot.
    Thanks
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Empty Re: Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 pm

So basically we have to get to every corner of what we want saved, press f3, and take a screenshot...? Pat you are aware that not all creations have only 4 corners, not to mention how pretty much EVERYONE`s going to do this wrong without more instructions... Please elaborate more with the instructions.
    kTal54

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Empty Re: Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!

Post by kTal54 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 pm

4 pics of the coordinates of my land. save everything please!!!!
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-017
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-010
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-018
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-019
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 pm

3zeki3l wrote:So basically we have to get to every corner of what we want saved, press f3, and take a screenshot...? Pat you are aware that not all creations have only 4 corners, not to mention how pretty much EVERYONE`s going to do this wrong without more instructions... Please elaborate more with the instructions.
    its okay if more than what you placed is copied over, plus youll probably be helping with the transition...if it is possible
    dylandylan72
    dylandylan72

Post by dylandylan72 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Im not asking for anything complex here, just my boxes of stuff.

Here are the Cords (If I didnt get them right, let me know)

Corner A: -887,31,1546
    Corner B: -886,31,1546
    Corner C: -887,31,1536
    Corner D: -886,31,1536

Worst case senario is I got the cords mixed up and you'll just have to go to my not so hidden underground city.

Thank you!
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm

k, thanks for posting.
    I'm going to go to everyone's /home and copy what they have, as well as some sutff I can find on the server map.
    I figure it's best to do this now, rather than wait for the server to be more built upon
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 am

I have soooo much shit, my arena, my spleef arena, my mob tower, my secret wood mansion, my house/farm, my city.... (they all have warps though)
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 am

Ninjaplz wrote:I have soooo much shit, my arena, my spleef arena, my mob tower, my secret wood mansion, my house/farm, my city.... (they all have warps though)
    then we'll have fun copying it over (you have to teach us)
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 am

you dont have to worry about any of my creations at all...ill just build a new home Razz and this time my mob farms will be better and more underground-y, so i wont mess up so bad next time...my home is pretty much destroyed and i never furnished it how i would've liked so i really don't care if it all goes to shit...plus ill just world edit any items i lose back XD
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:07 pm

only 3 things that comes to my mind.

1. The bridge
    2. The unfinished bar.
    3. The h2o tower (underground not realy needed)

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-010

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-011

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  2011-012

Also, chests. All of importance are located in the bar. Second floor.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 pm

I won't really be here this weekend... Gonna be up at Berkeley.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Pat, Rang can explain copy and paste to you.. Its fairly simple, I can kinda of explain it, just bottom left corner then top right I could explain better with example.
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Well I know what im moving.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Ninjaplz wrote:I won't really be here this weekend... Gonna be up at Berkeley.
    crap...
    I'm going to be away from Wednesday through Sunday, I can be on the server, but a map change won't happen then.
    If the server goes down over that time...then we're fucked.

I'll see if I can set up Putty so the server can be accessed from far away.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm

k

I'll be on the forums and I'll have my laptop... but I'll have limited time...
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:03 pm

well this sounds like its gonna be complicated, well ill just post the coordinates of my church as my little skyplace is my /home. Screenshots will be too tedious so I hope just coordinates will be ok.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm

you don't need coordinates if I know where all your stuff is, don't worry about posting any coords 3z
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:45 pm

oh well ok, btw I found a really cool mod that will make the new world look really cool, here check it out.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=136843
    redrussell1

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Empty MY Screens

Post by redrussell1 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Rehous11
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Redhou10
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Red_ho10
    Moving Map! Post your dear builds here so they don't go bye bye!  Redhou11
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 am

just set up remote desktop, its better than ftp or ssh. I don't know the 4 corners of my base but its from the top of the map to the bottom and a pretty big area so yea.....
    Pat if you like I can help move stuff, if you will allow a lowly member to help with such important tasks
    Double post merged
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Fermis I need coordinates. I have no idea where you castle is xD
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

So when are we doing this?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Maybe today if the power doesn't go out.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 pm

My castle is at /home FERMIS. Can you get top to the bottom of the map because my sandcastle is at the bottom of the map and I have a tow that goes to the top of the map. Another thing is it would be possible to do the piece at the top then the bottom so all the chunks where I only have a ladder going down could just be mined out, thats like 34,000 blocks that wouldn't need to be copied.
    x=191
    y=64
    z=392

x=97
    y=64
    z=392

x=98
    y=64
    z=486

x=190
    y=65
    z=486

Last edited by FERMIS on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:56 pm

will do.
    I think we'll wait to change the map until 4/30, but it's up to you guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:23 pm