Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
Burnalot
Rang3ramhard
3zeki3l
7 posters

Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.

3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.  Empty Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:27 pm

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_7000_Elite/

Recently found this website, what these guys do is order the parts and build the Pcs themselves. makes for great prices. But Honestly I have no idea what any of the parts in the PC Im looking at do or how powerful they are. Yes Im a noob stfu.

So this pc im looking at, how well do you guys think it would run games like tf2, MC, and other PC games?
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.  Empty Re: Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.

Post by Rang3ramhard Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Im about to order parts to build my computer I have a little experience building computers since I have only built one. But I just asked Jberry for help on what parts I needed.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.  Empty Re: Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

i have no intention to build my own pc tho. Im not competent enough to do that. The company builds it themselves. They are the manufacturer and distributor, and I can pretty much build the PC on the site and have them build it but Im looking at a rig that they have set up already, they just need someone to order it and they will build it.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Just a few things I could mention based on personal experience with computage, but overall looks like a good mix.
    If you are still uncertain just google reviews on each part to get more opinions. I usualy do so myself when in doubt.

- Upgrade to 8gb ram, if you can afford it. You wont regret it, but its not a must. 4gb will do its job and you can always add it later if it becomes a problem.
    Gives system more to work with, excellent if you run alot of heavy games that needs a large "buffer" due to natural hard error coding, or similar. Win7 also needs about 1-2.2gb(tops) to be optimal, leaveing rest free. Ram becomes cheaper over time so its not a major concern.

- 450w power is somewhat low. I personaly would do 550-600w for good messure but its entirely up to you.
    Upgrade to recomended at least. If your worried about the power bill, don't bother. It uses what it needs and nothing more. Reason for upgrade is dependand on how many extra fans you may or may not need. If you want SLI (dual gfx card) later on then you will need more, inc. additonal fans. In additon, I dont think 450w is enough with what your putin in it right now (sure it will run, but its always better for a powersuply to have some slack rather than go at full load). Voltage drops strains comp over time and can in worst cases cause crashes, frezzes, bsd or other problems.

- Good choice on cpu coolant, should reduce heating on cpu alot when in use.
    Since is a closed system and not pump reliant like old models, it wont need to be tightened or powered as much as its former counter parts. Spilling should also not be posible, ill get one of these on my next upgrade.

- Tip on vid card: Check with gfx review sites to figure out what kind of vid card you want/need depending on performance/price.
    To my experience, vid cards and ram always brake down first, or are the best thing to change for a small future upgrade. I always go for a average card to then upgrade later on. A sli solution is optimal if you want performance, but somewhat expensive. Current choice looks alright Very Happy

Good luck.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 pm

ight thanks, i think this one is pretty much what i need. To hell with premade rigs, this site is gonna be a go to place for me in teh future.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Two questions, whats the most advanced thing you want to play, and how much do you want to spend.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Well I have no intention of getting games like CoD or Rift, i just want some games like tf2, the quake games, LoL, CS, MC, and maybe some other games. Burn tells me that i should just up the power a bit, and maybe get some more ram, and I should be good to play the kind of games I do.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:50 pm

If he is to pick up 8gb of ram he will need Windows 64bit right? or I just don't get PCs at all. I could tell you my computer specs 3z if you want, my comp isnt the cheapest but it can run everything you said excellently.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes he will need a 64 bit os.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 pm

LoL can take some graphics, however a good on board graphics will work. So you may not need a video card.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 pm

I have a question: Do graphics cards fit all motherboards? I want to buy a really expensive one now and throw it in my computer that I have now until I upgrade later on down the road.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 pm

As long as your motherboard has a PCI-Ex16 (PCI-Express) slot, it will fit any video card made for PCI-E.

Well I dont know what any of this means so I figure I should ask you guys.  2010-07-08_021703_PCI_PCIe_Slots

You can see the PCI-E slot is a bit longer than PCI and it normally has a little tab on the end to keep the chip seated.
    Some crappier video cards use PCI, and I think some sound cards use PCI-Ex1. Just look up your motherboard, and see if it has a PCI-Ex16 slot. As long as the motherboard is relatively new, it will most likely have at least 1 PCI-Ex16 slot. Then just make sure when you buy your new video card it says PCI-E

Normally, they leave out the x1 and x16. So if a video card says PCI-E it's for PCI-Ex16

Last edited by Ninjaplz on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

careful with that. I doubt that ur power supply will support a really nice one.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:03 pm

My issue is I don't want Skyrim for Xbox, but I don't have the hardware atm or the funds to buy a new computer. I can afford a really expensive video card, but the only place I could put it on is a 4/5 year old mobo. (haven't checked whether it has PCIe (express?) yet)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:37 pm