Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+27
EpicFrazz
Skje
ColonialRebel
PINGASFIST
unknownlabrat
CrankkDatJFel
platypus
FERMIS
Nearbeer
Paradox74
Lorecraft
CVB1234
Burnalot
GoDjMike
Cyborg
Kukurin56
Musiciscool
uberblake
lolyounoob1
Boblobster
Nero Darkard
DanielDestructo
Bubba_rocks
John_Axe
thefluffyswan
MonstaBoi
mcuser12
31 posters

Server Closing

mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Server Closing Empty Server Closing

Post by mcuser12 Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 am

Well, it's been a good run.
    For over two years now this server has been running and now, sadly, it is coming to a close. It's been a long time coming now, but after two months of dwindling players and no updates from mojang, it seems like a good time to stop.

Now I'm going to leave the forums up and put download links for all the maps I can find, including the first ones. I have a ton of schematics too, which will also be put up for download.

I want to thank everyone who served as staff or donated, I couldn't have done it without you.

Specifically, I want to thank
    FERMIS - doing everything pretty much
    Ninjaplz - being here forever
    Boblobster - being a cunt
    Porkworm - loads
    Burnalot - staff/hosting services
    Spoon - fuck you
    Every single person who's donated - <3

The forums will remain up forever pretty much, as they are not hosted on the same box that hosts the minecraft server.
    Stay tuned, I've got plans to start hosting new games in the near future.

FAQ on why the server is not running.

Q: Is the server down?
    A: Yes, it's official. The minecraft server hosted @ freedsuniverse.com is not running anymore.

Q: Why did it shutdown?
    A: In short, lack of funds.
    The server was running through a hosting company. Reasoning for shutdown was due to lack of funds as a result from few to no donations over an extended period of time. Pat, the host figured he had paid enough of his own pockets to keep it running.

Q: Can I have the server/server setup?
    A: There is nothing to get. The host was rented and the setup is now out of date and also requires a remake to work properly again. In layman terms, better off starting from scratch. However, If you want to host your own server, I recommend reading @ www.bukkit.org Look in the forums for guides and such. Optionally, search on YouTube. If any staff is around here still, im sure they can help you as well.

Q: Will there be a another minecraft server later?
    A: Never say never, but don't count on it.

Q: But my builds! They are now goooone!
    A: Look at the first page in this thread. We had the map for download during a limited time while the server was still up, unfortunately it's not working anymore now. If you missed it, you are out of luck then.

Last edited by PatrickFreed on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Server Closing Empty Re: Server Closing

Post by MonstaBoi Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 am

PatrickFreed wrote:
    Spoon - fuck you

lol'd
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 am

I think it's time to merge into a 3rd server
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 am

I waited like 3 months for 1.5 just to start playing again...I'm so sad right now. Why is it closing? Maybe you should give it a try in 1.5?
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RthZgszykLs
    For some reason while reading this, this song came to mind. Just think of the "Pieces" as all my items Razz

Well, it has good fun when it comes to the server. Although I didn't really play on Freeds server too much...I played hours upon hours on Orcworms. Oh how fun it was, building cities, houses, art. If it weren't for the great interest this server gave me, I would have never met all you guys! So good job to Freed and Orcworm for keeping the server I loved running for as long as it did. Although I sadly lost interest after a while, I still had unforgettable memories here. I'll still be lurking the forums though, I just thought it was worth a goodbye Very Happy
    DanielDestructo
    DanielDestructo

Post by DanielDestructo Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:16 am

This is a sad day.Sad
    I remember joining the server for the first time with Pyrferno as we ran through Mario city in it's prime and created Castle D.
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 am

Well glad the forums will remain up, so I dont lose contact with my pre-readers.
    Now that we are at the topic, sorry im so overdue with the next chapter.
    Im in a load of stress right now and barely find the time to write.
    But I'll still try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am

PatrickFreed wrote:Boblobster - being a cunt

AAWW YYEEAAHHHH

Also, Dan I thought you were dead or some shit >_>
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 pm

To bad this server didn't make it to 1.5, I build so much stuff for a D-day, anways I had a great time on Orcworm to start, and had fun here after the merge. Goodjob patrick for running the server for 2+ years
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Well, after playing this specific game for the awesome community it provided for a while, it's a bit disappointing to see this go.

We should transform these forums into some discussion place, so we can all keep in touch.
    Musiciscool
    Musiciscool

Post by Musiciscool Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I remember being here for the past two maps, 3 if you count the relay between 1.3. It was good. It was the first server I had truly become dedicated to. I had friends and tons of fun. Soon, my friends found other games and I left. I came back and tried again, met a few more friends, and it kept like that until the temp map for 1.3. Then when the new map finally came, as did the life to the server and my enjoyment. Then there was the merge, which I stood through. Even more friends came along, as did new opportunities. And now, here we are, at the end of the line. I'll always remember this as my first real server. I want to thank patrick for keeping the server up as long as he did, and all the people I've met along the road. (This wasn't easy on me because I'm not one for sentiments but I'm pretty damn sad to see this server go.)
    Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Post by Kukurin56 Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 pm

God damnit. I know I'm only a member, but still I'm going to miss this place. I remember when I first joined Orcworm (though only in 1.2.5). Met lots of people and stuff. Nero, may your evilness and canniblism live forever in all our hearts. I'll stick around the forums too I guess. Going to be hard trying to find another real and decent server though.
    Cyborg
    Cyborg

Post by Cyborg Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm going to be here till everybody is gone because this server was awesome and I want to see what happens in the future!
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=freedsuniverse&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dzo1Udy1A-PT0gGdv4D4Cw&biw=1680&bih=963&sei=eDo1Ud2kLOXx0gGTnYDoAg <---Some of the pictures that were taken on the forums.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Kukurin56 wrote:God damnit. I know I'm only a member, but still I'm going to miss this place. I remember when I first joined Orcworm (though only in 1.2.5). Met lots of people and stuff. Nero, may your evilness and canniblism live forever in all our hearts. I'll stick around the forums too I guess. Going to be hard trying to find another real and decent server though.

I couldve sworn you were much older
    But yeah, i'm actually dissapointed.
    I joined orcworm in 1.8, and when we integrated into freeds, I didn't do much but talk to old people because iI was just waiting for a map reset. Was waiting to actually play with some people (both new and old) after the new map reset but...Guess not
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm depressed.
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 pm

GoDjMike wrote:I'm depressed.
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:34 pm

So is there really no one else that can start running the server themselves?
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 pm

GG no re. Razz

I have been around here for quite some time already, think it was around beta 1.3ish when I came around. Until I more or less left a few months ago. (simply had my fill of minecraft, since then been lurking mostly).
    It's Been good times, and bad times here but we had our share of fun, wich is all that matters in the end. I learned a few new things by being here and I cant wait to see what might come up next. All props to pat and the active staff for puting up with him for so long already, no offence ofcorse Razz

So, time for a short trip down the memorylane, The really old days that is. im certain most of the old members will appricate it dispite being somewhat shitty quality, if any of em are lurking around still that is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze2xmXQ-ru4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47E2pJGliNA <-- personal favorite.

Oh and if anyone is considering running a new server but could use some help, just ask. Im sure the former staff can help out as well.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Cyborg wrote:I'm going to be here till everybody is gone because this server was awesome and I want to see what happens in the future!
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=freedsuniverse&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dzo1Udy1A-PT0gGdv4D4Cw&biw=1680&bih=963&sei=eDo1Ud2kLOXx0gGTnYDoAg <---Some of the pictures that were taken on the forums.

Bobs mansion vid came right up, awwww yeeaaah.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah boooiiiiii
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Burnalot wrote: GG no re. Razz

My engrish is a little rusty, what the hell does that mean?
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Kukurin56 wrote:
    Burnalot wrote: GG no re. Razz

My engrish is a little rusty, what the hell does that mean?

Ain't engrish.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gg%20no%20re
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm

RIP FREEDS
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Well, damn. Had to happen sooner or later, and when I think about it, I suppose this is rather later... I just wish i could have been around a bit more for the dwindling days, not just the tail end. But alas.

I still feel satisfied, I have fought my fight the whole way through my time on Freeds since beta 1.7.3. It was my life for about a year in between now and then, and it has definitely changed me for the better. But hey, that can hardly be attributed to the game of minecraft alone, it was the community that gathered here that made it awesome, which is why, even though most of the people I knew well are gone now, I will stick around here.... that and I'm sure we can eventually organize something to get us all playing a game again Razz

Shout outs to the greats:
    Platypus577- My prince. My man. nuff' said.
    CVB1234- Dat pvp
    goldenphoenixone- You really helped me out, in my early days. You were an inspiration.
    rowanmc19- You and I both had ambition, and even though it was different, it made us buds.
    Nearbeer- without you, I would have had no enemy to try to get better than
    Spoonme- Nearbeer tier 2
    FERMIS- I dont even want to imagine what would have happened to the server without you
    Boblobster- without your backing, I don't think i could have been as persistent about improvements as i was.
    CrankkDatJFell- I named my redstone experiment world after you. no joke.
    Burnalot87- because lava makes everything better
    3zekiel- I don't even care if everybody thought you were oversensitive, you were great
    Patrickfreed- We argued plenty, but without you, all of this just wouldn't have happened, plain and simple. Thank you.

and last but most certainly not least, spoonikle. This guy, i know he's not even around at all anymore, but he was great. He could work, he could fight, he was the backbone of all the things i did. I miss that guy.
    Paradox74
    Paradox74

Post by Paradox74 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:34 pm

It was a good run. I know after the first merger I kind of disappeared. That was due to other games, real life stuff and helping on a few different servers. (I hope this isn't un-tasteful but I would like to plug one of them, Dungeon realms. doing some awesome stuff with entirely server-side modding. easier to watch videos that explain it www.dungeonrealms.net)
    I Spent tons of time on the old Orc worlds since October 2010 when i joined. Thanks to everyone who made that time awesome. never really got to know many of you Freeds people but W/E. as much as i would like to say i want to stay in touch with you all, i know half of you forgot me, and the other half probably don't care but if you care enough, im on steam(look in the orcworm group), soundcloud, turntable, skype(ask me on steam), and lots of other things. I'll probably keep browsing these forums like I have for the past few months as well.
    /end self advertisement
    http://sadviolin.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:49 am