Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+10
mcuser12
Burnalot
MonstaBoi
CVB1234
_Brain_Dead_
Kukurin56
John_Axe
uberblake
thefluffyswan
Boblobster
14 posters

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

_Brain_Dead_

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

Boblobster wrote:..It's a PvP server

talking about in regions
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

In that case there shouldn't be anything to moan about xD, not liking someone being there is hardly an excuse for us to put up a new rule to ban them for doing it...
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Oh, you know what needs fixing NOW? the faggot ass pansy shit word filter on "fuck". What is this, babby's first minecraft?
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 am

MonstaBoi wrote:Oh, you know what needs fixing NOW? the faggot ass pansy shit word filter on "fuck". What is this, babby's first minecraft?

Muh Freedoms
    No supressin mah rite to talk bout wutever i wanna tak bout!
    Muh Freedoms:
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 am

Fermis did that fuck thing for a laugh, and it is pretty funny watching people say 'fluff'.

If it makes you feel any better I can still say fuck ;P.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Boblobster wrote:Fermis did that fuck thing for a laugh, and it is pretty funny watching people say 'fluff'.

If it makes you feel any better I can still say fuck ;P.
    and yet it doesn't make it any less stupid.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Is that butthurt I sense? ;P

Meh, I'll go tell Ferm or some shit...
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Boblobster wrote:Is that butthurt I sense? ;P

No, it's me telling it like it is. You want to know what needs to be fixed? Well here you go.
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Boblobster wrote:Is that butthurt I sense? ;P

ANYWAY....
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Fixing? You might as well start over from nothing. New map, new setup, new staff, new rules, everything has to go. Actualy, there is not much left of either freed or orcs so hell, change the name while at it.
    Only reason this thing is still up is because some poor smucks still stick around here and some other bum has pay for it and put up with the bs to boot. Poor them indeed.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 am

Just got back from New York on a trip, so sorry about not being active.

Didn't know about the censoring thing, wasn't supposed to be added but oh well.
    Also, I paid the entire bill out of pocket last month, and if I have to do it again, that'll probably be the end of the server. I'll run it as long as the players are willing to support it, but I'm not investing both my time and my money purely for your entertainment.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

We do definitely need some sort of counter back mind, else we can't tell how much left is needed.

Jberry and that donate after?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm

We need $55.
    No.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:21 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:We need $55.
    No.
    i don't think many people are inclined to donate for to a server that(as far as i can tell) hasn't been up in three days.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm

well, glad someone told me it was down while I was away. Seriously this is the first I've heard it was down.

Yeah I think this is going to be the last month.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:well, glad someone told me it was down while I was away. Seriously this is the first I've heard it was down.

you'd think that would be something you would monitor, haha
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:well, glad someone told me it was down while I was away. Seriously this is the first I've heard it was down.

you'd think that would be something you would monitor, haha
    was away yo
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Alright, for now, get some people to advertise your server or hell (this will probably hurt but might save the server) start putting out those advertisements you used to have [i remember Orc had them, not sure about here]

Then, remove Orcworm's world, just go vanilla for now, maybe except for a few basic plug-ins. Do this until the game updates, then remove what few things you have and just be vanilla so the server wilil still be up (which people would probably go on for the time being) while also getting people come on who might like the server and decide to donate. Then make the new maap, new rules, all that shizzle and BOOM

It's just as hard as that
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:28 am

I would advertise the server. I want to be sure it's up, however >.>
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am

>Runs a server
    >Goes away without telling anybody
    >Complains noone checked his server for him
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 pm

I think the server's run its course. I mean, among the people who are actually active on this, how many of you still play minecraft?

Like just because the mc server is done doesn't mean I stop hosting gameservers.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Bob, you are a trooper. And I'm a lame ass. But i don't intend to keep things that way Razz

I have been away for far too long, but I'm back, and I don't intend to leave anytime soon. Now then, that list looks pretty complete, i would just say different donation options, because we need more donations. Some temporary abilities, because as it is, people will donate an amount, and maybe more, and even more, but at a certain point, they have all the powers they could possibly need. I mean, turning off all damage and being able to freely fly, the only next step is to give them complete creative, and that wrecks the point of a survival server.

And if anyone has any questions about how exactly towns and a new economy can work, I'm full of ideas. As for what's broken though, I have been absent for so long I don't even know anymore.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:I think the server's run its course. I mean, among the people who are actually active on this, how many of you still play minecraft?

Like just because the mc server is done doesn't mean I stop hosting gameservers.

Eh...about once a month me and fuego293 play random servers (not survival or anything but hunger games or sabotage or something like that)
    I might be able to get back into it but...When the time comes we'll see
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Lorecraft wrote:Bob, you are a trooper. And I'm a lame ass. But i don't intend to keep things that way Razz

I have been away for far too long, but I'm back, and I don't intend to leave anytime soon. Now then, that list looks pretty complete, i would just say different donation options, because we need more donations. Some temporary abilities, because as it is, people will donate an amount, and maybe more, and even more, but at a certain point, they have all the powers they could possibly need. I mean, turning off all damage and being able to freely fly, the only next step is to give them complete creative, and that wrecks the point of a survival server.

And if anyone has any questions about how exactly towns and a new economy can work, I'm full of ideas. As for what's broken though, I have been absent for so long I don't even know anymore.
    Why fix a server that hardly have any right to live for another month? Hell, this server was supposed to shut down around august last year. If it wasnt for orcs showing up and donating it would have. Sadly on their part, the migration went rather rough...

Even if something is fixed, I dont think the "flow" of donations will come anytime soon. If none of you have noticed, alot of smaller servers have shut down recently as a result of less ppl playing minecraft. Most are on the larger servers, while the really tiny ones are going for lan options that was implemented in recent versions. You can run a 3-4man server through lan at your home computer and tunngle it online pretty easy, or through other assisted means. Pretty nice if you want to play with your friends.

No, this server has had its run and a map reset/econ change will not impact the backend work to fix the core problems this server has had for over a year. Pat also needs to move on to other things, hes done more than his part on this and I hope for his sake hes about to let things go this time around. Im sure the motivational drive to run this is pretty low, as im sure its the same with the rest of the staff invovled (with a few exceptions).

So, if any of you want to get your own server, now would be the time to pick up the torch and use the remaining part of the community here to make it happen, in order to make something new.. (I would, but Im content with just "hobbying" with mine and assist bob in his mansion quest. While waiting for something else to pick up on).
    Musiciscool
    Musiciscool

Post by Musiciscool Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 pm

This server could have had a second chance had we had time to implement the new features, but Mojang just wants to take their sweet ass time for an update about fucking redstone and bug fixes. I'm sorry but I'm just not big on redstone and mojang pushing back release dates every month. First it was late December, early January, late January, now early March. And this server was the only server I have found yet that I have been truly satisfied with. But I guess all things end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:15 pm