Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+10
mcuser12
Burnalot
MonstaBoi
CVB1234
_Brain_Dead_
Kukurin56
John_Axe
uberblake
thefluffyswan
Boblobster
14 posters

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit Empty What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah 1.5 is around the corner and we're on the brink of a cold hard death, if there's any time to try and revive ourselves it's when a new update is about. So I'm gonna make two lists here, one for new ideas to put in and one for stuff that needs fixing:

NEW SHIT TO PUT IN

1. Tournaments (Managed to get spleef working again >_>).
    2. New economy not based off that ridiculous system we currently have.
    3. Maybe a creative world, we want as many people as possible joining and staying here, and if we're cutting the number of active worlds down so it's only the one set of nether/end/normal at a smaller size to the current Orc world there should be space left.
    4. Give the donator ranks more appealing names (Donator+ may be simple, but it looks fugly).
    5. User made towns and cities at the start of the new map (for public use).
    6. You tell me, I know there's more but can't think of them off of the top of my head.

STUFF TO FIX

1. That glowstone to glass thing.
    2. Tidy up the server of it's 12 trillion plugins that aren't used anymore.
    3. Available zone flags.
    4. Anything else that I can't think of currently.

Add all of your suggestions and stuff I've missed out below and I'll add them and shit.

Last edited by Boblobster on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit Empty Re: What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

People to actually start playing again/find a way to start generating more new people into the server
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit Empty Re: What Needs Fixing? + Fresh Start and all that Shit

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Yeah, need to spam free advertising things when 1.5 is out xD, that includes all of you telling people to come back! >:C
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:38 am

Removing the "No Entry" zones. You'd be walking, and all of a sudden couldn't continue your quest across the desert because of some stupidly placed zone with a useless flag.

Maybe a bigger focus on cities; a while ago Orc's had cities, and they seemed to be popular with new members, but after they were removed new members didn't seem to know where to go.

I may have some other ideas later, but I'll just post this so I don't forget.

John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 am

Hmm...Dunno, the old Orc's server was perfect for me.
    Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Post by Kukurin56 Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Indeed, it's what I joined, it's what I stayed with.

Plugins I made use of are the /home /spawn stuff; the teleport runes (I don't know if the server has all runes); LCW (a must); creaturebox is nice, only really "need" one though; and the shop one. Semi-vanilla with nifty useful things.

I don't know about anyone else, but much more than 20-25 people at once gets really "loud" and annoying.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:40 pm

yeah, I agree with you. Although 25 - 30 ppl on, during weekends was pretty fun for pvping and trading on Orcworm.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Considering the average these days is like 0 people I think we're safe from being overcrowded xD
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm

lol
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

uberblake wrote:Removing the "No Entry" zones. You'd be walking, and all of a sudden couldn't continue your quest across the desert because of some stupidly placed zone with a useless flag.

love the no entry flagg so other people than i allow can not come in its verry handy to keep assholes out
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 am

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    uberblake wrote:Removing the "No Entry" zones. You'd be walking, and all of a sudden couldn't continue your quest across the desert because of some stupidly placed zone with a useless flag.

love the no entry flagg so other people than i allow can not come in its verry handy to keep assholes out

Just put a stupid fence. No one can grief to get in, and if you don't enjoy someone there, just tell them to leave. It's not worth all of the annoyances it caused. Plus, what's the point of building something on online multiplayer if no one can even enter the zone to see what you've accomplished?
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 am

To be fair some people are very persistent in refusing to leave places, but yeah that could just be stopped with a fence and a private /home.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm

people can still enderpearl over it and donators can teleport over it and people won't leave the place when u ask them cuz they dont have to listen since there isn't a rule about it
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Not like they can do any harm anyway, if they kill you they're gonna get banned simple as xD, though not too sure of the enderpearly bit, not sure if we made a rule against that afterward.

If you just stay indoors though you should be fine, rather than annoy everyone by having a no entry zone.
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Boblobster wrote:Yeah 1.5 is around the corner and we're on the brink of a cold hard death, if there's any time to try and revive ourselves it's when a new update is about. So I'm gonna make two lists here, one for new ideas to put in and one for stuff that needs fixing:

NEW SHIT TO PUT IN

1. Tournaments (Managed to get spleef working again >_>).
    2. New economy not based off that ridiculous system we currently have.
    3. Maybe a creative world, we want as many people as possible joining and staying here, and if we're cutting the number of active worlds down so it's only the one set of nether/end/normal at a smaller size to the current Orc world there should be space left.
    4. Give the donator ranks more appealing names (Donator+ may be simple, but it looks fugly).
    5. User made towns and cities at the start of the new map (for public use).
    6. You tell me, I know there's more but can't think of them off of the top of my head.

STUFF TO FIX

1. That glowstone to glass thing.
    2. Tidy up the server of it's 12 trillion plugins that aren't used anymore.
    3. Available zone flags.
    4. Anything else that I can't think of currently.

Add all of your suggestions and stuff I've missed out below and I'll add them and shit.

Sounds amazing and things but will it get done... o.o?

If it doesn't its not like the server has anything to loose I mean if the community we have has stayed through all of this I think we can handle a reset at 1.5...

Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah but each time we lose a bit more and don't regain them in new players, hopefully if we get off of our arses and do something for once we might actually do well again. Only problem is I say that every time, and it might be that the people we do get back after the reset might just be because it's the two servers merged now, not because we've improved.

I'm hoping at least the in-game stuff can get done, even if it's just the towns and economy, because that's still a big improvement at the end of the day.
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Yes, go on yes, I agree with you, yes, mhm, yeah. But maybe its time to just get on with the big things instead of wasting time on "little things" that few people will actually appreciate afro
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Ah yes, but maybe the big things are comprised of many small things ;P.

Though I think having like 4-5 fabulous looking towns along with a new economy system based off of buying and selling rather than mob kills are pretty big things (yeah that's right, no more AFKing spawners >:C).
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:07 am

1. get players, fix lag
    2. Make newspawns not have to walk and read for 10 minutes to get to playing. Nothing makes me not want to stay in a server more than having to go through 7 minutes worth of rules and then walk forever in a confusing LOOKATOUREPICTURBOSPAWNWEBUILT thing trying to find the exit.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 am

There's like a warp thing right by where you spawn regarding that second bit ;P. A large majority of the lag has been fixed too.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:39 am

Boblobster wrote:Not like they can do any harm anyway, if they kill you they're gonna get banned simple as xD, though not too sure of the enderpearly bit, not sure if we made a rule against that afterward.

If you just stay indoors though you should be fine, rather than annoy everyone by having a no entry zone.

can we than have atleast a rule back we had on orcworm
    that people need to leave your place when you ask them
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:38 pm

No
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:Not like they can do any harm anyway, if they kill you they're gonna get banned simple as xD, though not too sure of the enderpearly bit, not sure if we made a rule against that afterward.

can we than have atleast a rule back we had on orcworm
    that people need to leave your place when you ask them
    Sounds like you have something to hide.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 am

nah just don't like people around me when i am building ect.. when i am online
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am

..It's a PvP server

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:17 pm