Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+5
lolyounoob1
thefluffyswan
Boblobster
uberblake
Kukurin56
9 posters

Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox"

Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox" Empty Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox"

Post by Kukurin56 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:30 pm

To get it out of the way, I'm bringing the shoutbox up first. I don’t know if Freedsuniverse ever had it, but the Orcworm site had this nifty little box on the home page that allowed people to make a public announcement without making a thread. I think someone may have brought this up in the early merging days, but I don’t remember how it might have gone. Anyway, it might bring down posting of useless threads because it’s easier to get small questions answered. It can also let someone see if a larger subject has already been brought up, before making another thread for it.

It’s been brought up more than once that there be an admin shop where people can sell their good for half as much as they can buy for. Someone told me that dirt and cobblestone should not be something to sell, because it would cause major eye-sores, which I agree with. Stone however, could be sold.

Getting money for killing mobs, while nice and all, easily causes huge class shifts. No middle class is bad, simple. Mob killing is the only renewable resource for getting money, so getting rid of that would bring the need for a new source. As said above, things other than dirt and cobble could be something to sell in an admin shop. This especially applies to crops, which is a renewable resource, and is something worth much more than camping a spawner all day. The economy should encompass the entire Minecraft experience, not just specific things like spawner camping.

Alright, I have seen some stupidly huge spawner rooms. Selling things like rotten flesh and bones in the shop still encourages spawner campers. But not being able to sell these things would also hurt those who honestly just went out on a 3 MC night killing binge and got all their drops from natural mobs. So would it be possible to make Creaturebox so that it either has very low normal drops (excluding the rare drops), or just not have any normal drops, and it be used for those 30 levels for an enchantment?

Specific to spawners now. I heard that Freedsuniverse doesn’t let people take a mob egg, punch a redstone torch, and create a spawner for that mob. I don’t know if people can mine a spawner into an egg though. If an admin shop is going up, then I don’t think spawner eggs should be something sold there. Spawn eggs should be a non-renewable resource. Going and actually hunting them down sound like a fun part of the game.

Original thread for idea: http://www.freedsuniverse.net/t1442-new-map-questions
    uberblake
    uberblake

Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox" Empty Re: Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox"

Post by uberblake Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm pretty sure the shoutbox was available because of the different type of forum that Orc had...I forget what it was though.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox" Empty Re: Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox"

Post by Boblobster Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

-Inferior

BAHAHAHA, I'm a comical genius.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

I actually liked the shoutbox a great deal on orcworm's old server website...
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 am

I enjoyed the Shoutbox too, made it feel more open and people could chat
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

I want the shoutbox back too, -_-;; but I also wanted opinions on my other points as well...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm

We have a teamspeak server if you want to use that as a chatroom.
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple
    Donator

Post by SergentPineapple Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 pm

No ones ever on Sad
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

For better or worse, there will probably be more people on after the map reset. Hopefully the same people, not a ton of new people.

Pat, do you think we'd be able to keep turning eggs into spawners if they are not sold in any kind of admin shop?
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple
    Donator

Post by SergentPineapple Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Actually it'd be better with a tonne of new people to spread the server and give me noob kills
    Jarvisd

Post by Jarvisd Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Shoutbox was primarily used to spam and for new members to spam their appeal thread in a flawed attempt to become unbanned.
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Yes, it was. But it was also used for it's real use. Wasn't there some penatly for spamming it though?

-_-;; I also had another 70% or so of other points/ questions...
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 am

Kukurin56 wrote:Yes, it was. But it was also used for it's real use. Wasn't there some penatly for spamming it though?

-_-;; I also had another 70% or so of other points/ questions...

And because of that, we had nearly no new threads, which is why we have a forum in the first place.
    ColonialRebel

Concerning spawners, the economy, and a "Shoutbox" Empty More people on 1.5 server

Post by ColonialRebel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

New map = More newbs = more griefers = more pain = more fun for Nero

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content