Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

5 posters

Economy

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Economy Empty Economy

Post by Lorecraft Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Yep. I wasn't so sure about making this because I might come off as a whiny baby, but here it is.

The Economy is STILL broken. The new world was supposed to be linked up with an econ reset (primarily because that is the easiest time to do one), but now its open to people taking as much stuff as they want through. And the fact is, no matter how much we cut down on people's Freed balances, with all these items there is still no incentive to trade. People have all of the materials they could possibly need already. Freeds, although also rendered cheap by insane freedcount, were really rendered useless because there was no more need to purchase items. So what we really need is a complete economy reset to jump-start trade, make it so that everyone needs everything, and the fastest way to get it is to divide up the labor among different groups and trade between each other.

Now, the server cannot be fully to blame for a broken economy. Minecraft holds a share of the blame itself, new world gen makes diamonds and other ores MUCH too common. That said, once we get the economy going the server has to really be creative in finding ways to keep economy going, otherwise it will just fall sadly into disuse. Of course, I have all sorts of creative plans for keeping the economy alive, at least in the Empire I am planning.

Also, the benefits of a full economy reset would extend past just the economy. Assuming (and i know this is a pretty big assumption here, but oh well) that people are willing to work together, then the fastest way to get all of ones needs would be to have different people specialize in different types of items and then trade for their other needs. This would all promote teamwork and organization. THIS could restore the server to its former glory. THIS could make the server an Organized Civilization once again.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Economy Empty Re: Economy

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Haa...
    Getting people to work together on minecraft to benefit others? Yeeah thats a bit of a dream
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, that's one of the advantages of beta minecraft. People helped each other more because it was harder to get everything. I think Mojang should think about a specific multiplayer world gen style, where ores, animals, and other treasures are rarer and harder to find. Until then, we are stuck depending on the player to work together themselves, and we all know how rare that will happen in a group larger than 5.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm

See this is what happens when I don't post in the staff forums (1000th post... it's a valid excuse), Crankk knew what he was on about when he said 'complete reset', well to an extent... 'complete' would make some people rage quit.

On the other hand having everyone have everything just keeps us in the same boat as ever before. New players are outcasted like immediately by frequent players and are almost always pvp'ed to shit (I'll get on to pvp later), unless of course they have a group of friends which then leads to more splits in the community. This also makes them less likely to stay because they often don't make friends or if they do it's like the one person nice enough to not be a dick head... this is almost always other guests who need help surviving (yes I have witnessed this happen). If they don't have friends and don't like the server they can just leave, and if their new guest friends leave for similar reasons then there's even less reason to stay.

As for the PvP, the donators and long term members nice enough to actually interact with them often just repeatedly kill them and steal their stuff, often making them rage quit. They have no chance of fighting back either because like every one of the PvPers just have full diamond enchanted equipment. I propose that the main world should be PvP free, because it's fucking annoying to log on, see Pr0 (needed an example ;P) or something kill someone who just joined, then seeing them rage quit as a consequence.

What we could do then is have a second (well third if you count the creative you've made no extra comment on despite me telling you to gen a flat world...) world that is completely vanilla, grief enabled, anything goes (maybe have like one or two locked chests each at spawn or something).

As for the economy, letting them take over everything was retarded, and not a very sound decision either considering you said 'screw it, they're allowed items'. Just finding a way to blacklist ender chests would probably have been fairly simple to do and fixes everything... hell I even suggested it. So I think you need to like re-load a back up from when you hadn't opened it up and try again with the better plan.

So yeah, everything else I'd say is basically what Lore said... he knows his shit.

In other news/questions:

1. Did you stop all freed income from mobs?
    2. Did you reset all freed?
    3. Are we eventually going to copy stuff over if they apply?

P.S: No idea if this makes sense, if you lot only read it once, so should I... that time being when I'm still in the process of writing.
    DanielDestructo
    DanielDestructo

Post by DanielDestructo Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 pm

I approve of Lore's ideas. I mean, you can tell they were very thought out. For I do too miss the days when people could actually make a decent freed count by trading and making shops.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

It's hard to disagree with you lore, your ideas are 100% right. Oh, and

Boblobster wrote:or if they do it's like the one person nice enough to not be a dick head...
    Who you calling dickhead D:
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

wahaaaaaay, ballsed that quote up a bit didn't you? ;P

Edit: Oh i see how it is, fixing it and all that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:15 am