Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
rowanmc19
Lorecraft
Nearbeer
mcuser12
Boblobster
CheeseXman
10 posters

shop idea

Poll

do you think the shop should be like this

[ 3 ]
    shop idea - Page 2 Bar_left60%shop idea - Page 2 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    shop idea - Page 2 Bar_left40%shop idea - Page 2 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    shop idea - Page 2 Bar_left0%shop idea - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    DanielDestructo
    DanielDestructo

shop idea - Page 2 Empty Re: shop idea

Post by DanielDestructo Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm

First off, I believe that we should have the admin buy/sell shop.
    How to keep it from getting taken advantage of, make selling non-rare stuff relatively pointless.
    Secondly, we need a way to make farms absolutely useless for Freeds.
    Turn off the freeds by mob killing.
    We can still generate freeds by selling to the admin shop.

Also, I have wanted /tpa for a while. I prefer it over /tp because I'm tired of hearing people complaining.

P.S. There's my input.<3
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

...you guys realize that by the gold thing I mean that the admin shop only buys gold so that people wont sell their 40 double chests of cobble at once and get thousands of freed right?
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Well in that case... that's even more stupid.

Also, not every thing will be sellable in the admin shop you baboon, nothing ridiculously easy to obtain like dirt, cobble etc. Things like coal and raw materials. Obv coal will be for like a freed each before you moan about that. Gold on it's own though is just... no.

Also, people wouldn't even have double chests of cobble if it wasn't for you being a fucking idiot and just rushing in letting people take over everything because of ender chests that you can't even get at the moment (which you could have blacklisted anyway so you wouldn't be able to make them).
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:03 pm

People cant get double chests of cobble eh?
    Give me 15 mins, I'll get you your chest.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

*Ahem* if you actually read what I said, the point was the admin shop wouldn't buy easy to obtain items 'like dirt, COBBLE, etc.'. In the second half I was just stating how people already have those double chests of cobble, and I think it'd take a bit longer than 15 minutes to get the 40 you suggested.

Not once did I say they 'can't' get a double chest of cobble, I said they 'wouldn't' already have them.

Oh, and by the way. Logblock still doesn't work in the new world. If people have been griefed recently we can't do anything about it. Can't help but think a little better organisation could have prevented such things, none of this, 'screw it I'm opening the map' business.

Same goes for there being no nether, but that's probably because of nethrar preventing it...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:17 pm

You know what would aslo be helpful?
    If people said "X doesn't work".

It's like complaining about your car remaining broken but refusing to bring it to a mechanic.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

The difference is, I actually did tell you about logblock... about a week ago too.

You even said, 'oh I knew I forgot something' before you immediately erased all knowledge of me saying that and carrying on with ARMA.

It's more like complaining about your car remaining broken, bringing it to the mechanic, and then forgotten about by the same mechanic.

As for nethrar, noone stops complaining about it being shit... so it should hardly be a surprise.

Not to mention the fact that you should check these things yourself anyway, seeing as logblock is probably the most important plugin we have, you're the owner for fuck sake.
    It would be like bringing a car to the expert and then the expert saying 'well why the fuck didn't you tell me the door was missing' a week later, when it's probably one of the more blatent things to check, so much so that it would be stupid not to.

Last edited by Boblobster on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Implying I didn't try to fix it
    Implying I didn't think it was fixed after that
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Great way to kill of a somewhat calm discussion. -_-

Get back on topic or following will occour...
    Spoiler:
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Well it bloody seems that way seeing as you pretty much always fail to check these things. The amount of times I have seen you say the 'implying' line after a complaint, basically shows that yes... you probably haven't.

Back to the topic at hand though, I think there should be some sort of trade post for freeds.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:And gold is limited, therefore limited amounts of currency therefore limited inflation.

Shieeeet.
    When do you suggest we will hit that limit?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Nearbeer wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:And gold is limited, therefore limited amounts of currency therefore limited inflation.

Shieeeet.
    When do you suggest we will hit that limit?
    3 years.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Pat drop the gold idea for heaven sakes! Not a single person besides you wants it.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I've actually seen the gold idea work... Granted this was pre-zombypigmen droping gold.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am

Pics or it didn't happen.

I mean surely it wasn't just selling gold to a shop for Freed xD, there'd need to be some sort of conversion place where you'd trade items for gold.

Gold (or emerald, or diamond or something unobtainable) as a physical currency would actually be really awesome, it's just we'd need one of those fancy trade plugins that you have to type 'sell some diamond for some gold' and stuff, and that would take ages (basing this off one specific shop plugin I found the once mind, there probably are some that set an item as a currency auto).
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:21 pm

CheeseXman wrote:Pat drop the gold idea for heaven sakes! Not a single person besides you wants it.

Current setup does not work. It will screw up again if you give it enough time, thus a reset in money to counter it sligthly, but we cant keep doing it.

Saying something is a bad idea does not valid an arugmentation. Explain why you think it's a bad idea please.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm

it will increase xray mods on the server. The way to stop that is to add a plugin that doesn't let xray work but i doubt u want to do that. I like the idea of getting a new shop type but i dont think this is the one that will make people happy. There has to be another way to get money besides mining for gold because i know that no one enjoys mining for gold or any item. Its just a Freaking waste of time. If you find another way to get money with this than i might be a little more in favor but if the only way to get money is to mine than im pretty sure that the economy wont do the best considering that no one likes to mine and barely anyone does mine. Try to find another way to get money but if that doesn't work then lets look at other economy possibilities.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 pm

If you look at the servers that use the gold currency, almost all of them are pvp servers. These servers dont rely on economy to keep the people playing, they use pvp to keep their members playing. Servers like freeds need a more stable economy than pvp servers because servers like freeds depend on economy a lot more than pvp servers. economy is a big factor on servers like freeds and they need a more dependable economy than pvp servres and that economy is not gold economy in my opinion.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 pm

What you just said sir, makes little to no sense...

All you basically said was 'we need an economy' then gave no reason as to why gold won't do when we clearly have had shit luck with Freed anyway...
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Alright, so here's what I'm thinking on this matter. I agree largely with bob, all items of value should be able to be sold to some admin shop for very low prices. Things like bread would sell for 50 f, coal for 75 f, iron for 1 freed, gold for 3, diamond for 10. THEN, hard working players could set up towns using the money they obtained, and set up their own markets with better prices for sellers, and where people can buy things (the admin shop would not allow you to buy anything). So you have it similar to the real world, you have people working hard to gain some initial funding, and then using that to start a business or a town and get happily wealthy off of that, creating an upper class. Then new members will join in the lower class (I'm thinking start with 30 freeds?), but their journey to middle class would be made easier by joining a town where prices are better for seller (so that encourages people to be in towns). Then, once they have some wealth, they can try and get up with the upper class by working hard and doing business deals, or by proving themselves as a great pvp and earning money. And the Upper class wouldn't have to be stationary either! The people could easily rise up against this wealthy group of people and do something like fight them off, not buy from them, leave their towns, etc. So you see, what we have here is an economy that really flows from player to player, with the source of generating NEW freeds (the admin shop) quickly falling out of use because it brings in much less revenue than trading with players,and the best thing is that this will all promote an active society!

Just my thoughts.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Boblobster wrote:What you just said sir, makes little to no sense...

All you basically said was 'we need an economy' then gave no reason as to why gold won't do when we clearly have had shit luck with Freed anyway...
    The chestshop plugin might do trading via items, also It supports a plugin called "Physical Currency" or something like that, not sure which would be easier though.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Good, more valid response. Smile

Wall of text. so, reduced it a bit:

wall of text warning:
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Lorecraft wrote:Alright, so here's what I'm thinking on this matter. I agree largely with bob, all items of value should be able to be sold to some admin shop for very low prices. Things like bread would sell for 50 f, coal for 75 f, iron for 1 freed, gold for 3, diamond for 10. THEN, hard working players could set up towns using the money they obtained, and set up their own markets with better prices for sellers, and where people can buy things (the admin shop would not allow you to buy anything). So you have it similar to the real world, you have people working hard to gain some initial funding, and then using that to start a business or a town and get happily wealthy off of that, creating an upper class. Then new members will join in the lower class (I'm thinking start with 30 freeds?), but their journey to middle class would be made easier by joining a town where prices are better for seller (so that encourages people to be in towns). Then, once they have some wealth, they can try and get up with the upper class by working hard and doing business deals, or by proving themselves as a great pvp and earning money. And the Upper class wouldn't have to be stationary either! The people could easily rise up against this wealthy group of people and do something like fight them off, not buy from them, leave their towns, etc. So you see, what we have here is an economy that really flows from player to player, with the source of generating NEW freeds (the admin shop) quickly falling out of use because it brings in much less revenue than trading with players,and the best thing is that this will all promote an active society!

Just my thoughts.
    You know, that's not a bad idea. I seriously think this should be implemented. Creds to you, sir

Oh and burn, I'm not certain but when cheese says "PVP" server I think he means those factions + grief allowed ones where it's all wild and crazy.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 am

Nearbeer wrote:
    Oh and burn, I'm not certain but when cheese says "PVP" server I think he means those factions + grief allowed ones where it's all wild and crazy.
    Wild and crazy is better than stagnation wich we are kinda seeing here on pats.
    In my opinion anyway. Razz

Bob sucks. 500th Post special troll.

Last edited by Burnalot on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fuck you bob.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:24 am