Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
rowanmc19
Lorecraft
Nearbeer
mcuser12
Boblobster
CheeseXman
10 posters

shop idea

Poll

do you think the shop should be like this

[ 3 ]
    shop idea Bar_left60%shop idea Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    shop idea Bar_left40%shop idea Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    shop idea Bar_left0%shop idea Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

shop idea Empty shop idea

Post by CheeseXman Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I think the new map should have an admin shop with most of the items and u can sell or buy but if you sell you get half as much as the price to buy the item. I want this just because the economy was dead on the other map and this way nothing runs out of stock.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

shop idea Empty Re: shop idea

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:17 pm

That's basically what my idea of having a trade in post for money was xD

More importantly....

IT'S MY 1000TH POST!

The fabled music that is always needed for these occasions!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWItVETu3qk

shop idea 2012-011
    Totally didn't just go over the one I made for 500th

I've been putting this off long enough thinking of ideas and what not, but the staff got into a shambles in the mod forums and it would be a waste to post there if it wasn't public...

Couldn't get a pic saying happy 1000th post because no one was online when I started writing this :C and I haven't finished my mansion version 2 yet either xD, what I will do though is show you some comparisons between the old mansion and the improved version.

TO THE SCREENSHOTS!

Old: shop idea 2012-027

New: shop idea 2012-028

I'll add more later, those ones were already there and I'm a lazy bastard, but now for the speech!

I've been with Freed's Universe for around a year and two months, one year of which being staff... not sure where I was going with that, but if you would like to just refer back to my 500th speech you can look at the 'league of legends' topic around page 5.

On a more important note, we need donations quickly. For the past few months we have had either no donations or have had to rely heavily on Fermis, and we can't keep doing that forever seeing as Pat can't get a job and pay for it himself like a bunch of other servers >_>. Basically though if we don't get the full funds this month Pat told me he's going to shut the place down, there's no point keeping that secret seeing as we'd be screwed even more if that wasn't put out there.

I quite like the place seeing as I have sunk like 20 days minimum play time onto it, so I would like the place to stay up for atleast my 1500th post. I do apologise for not being around the past few days but I've now started my A-levels, so I won't have too much time available... that and TF2 with my IRL friend (Dr. Feelgood... he was the FAQer in my Luigi's Mansion vids -WHICH ARE LINKED IN MY SPOILER. HINT HINT- True story). I shall help wherever possible though and will still prob be more active than all the other staff combined apart from maybe Dan and Ferm <_<.

Now for the ending note....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 1000TH POST!

Now make my fucking name RED >:C

Edit: Pink is actually superior :3

Last edited by Boblobster on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Good shit bobby.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 pm

If you want to see my 500th post go to 'when will the new map come out' thread.

It was better than yours.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 pm

OOO new mansion is looking super sexy.
    Alight, I'll be donating
    another 10-20$ for y'all. I would donate more if I could, but I dont
    really have any source of income... if we can last another year I will,
    and in the meantime I will try to put in as much gift money as I can.
    This is my main outlet for minecraft, if it were to go I would probably
    stop playing.

HAPPY 1000th POST!
    shop idea A43
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Boblobster wrote:
    On a more important note, we need donations quickly. For the past few months we have had either no donations or have had to rely heavily on Fermis, and we can't keep doing that forever seeing as Pat can't get a job and pay for it himself like a bunch of other servers >_>. Basically though if we don't get the full funds this month Pat told me he's going to shut the place down, there's no point keeping that secret seeing as we'd be screwed even more if that wasn't put out there.

I quite like the place seeing as I have sunk like 20 days minimum play time onto it, so I would like the place to stay up for atleast my 1500th post. I do apologise for not being around the past few days but I've now started my A-levels, so I won't have too much time available... that and TF2 with my IRL friend (Dr. Feelgood... he was the FAQer in my Luigi's Mansion vids -WHICH ARE LINKED IN MY SPOILER. HINT HINT- True story). I shall help wherever possible though and will still prob be more active than all the other staff combined apart from maybe Dan and Ferm <_<.

Edit: Pink is actually superiorly homo-erotic :3

Sorry Bobo, back in college without a job, cant do much to help out this time :/
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 pm

I am in college with a job =p and You on drugs? pink is for people like McPowell.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm

CheeseXman wrote:I think the new map should have an admin shop with most of the items and u can sell or buy but if you sell you get half as much as the price to buy the item. I want this just because the economy was dead on the other map and this way nothing runs out of stock.

This has been the plan for awhile, just hasn't happened yet. I haven't had time to do a lot lately.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

For the record, I do not want a buy all admin shop in spawn and it will most likely not happen.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

You are never on, how can you make a decision like that =p
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Well I've been tasked with revamping the economy and that seems like the perfect way to tank it.

You do have a point though. Razz
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 pm

A perfect way to tank or a base line set for shops? We set prices for buying high and for selling to us low and it allows for more or less an endpoint for new shops. And if nobody has any lets say Diamond they can buy it for a premium price from the admin shop.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm

i agree but with the pricing i say no more than 50-150 range per diamond cause there is no real way to get good money on freeds anymore without sitting afk at a zombie spawner for 2 hours.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Actually (I dunno if it has been done yet) there will be no money from mobs, only from trading from shops and each other as far as I am aware, so the prices of things should drop way down, it'll be like back in the day where diamonds were actually 30 freed each... not 70.
    DanielDestructo
    DanielDestructo

Post by DanielDestructo Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

But, where will be the way of generating freeds? We need to give people the ability to actually get freeds. Maybe make them drop from mobs rarely or something like that.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm

DanielDestructo wrote:But, where will be the way of generating freeds? We need to give people the ability to actually get freeds. Maybe make them drop from mobs rarely or something like that.
    That's the problem. Hand over a way for players to generate freeds and the economy becomes prone to inflation (Source: sixth grade teacher). Any farm can decrease the value of the freed if they farm nonstop.

However, with no source of freed generation the most you'll get is the money a new player gets. With limited money in the pool, freeds can (and will) become too rare.

Ok I'm going to make an analogy here. So you know how the money press people can't make too much money, because if they herped derped and didn't limit the amount that the money presses ran, made more of them so that non-stop money was being made (AKA mob farms), not only would they be killing trees but prices would skyrocket. So, the government has to limit money production. Thus they prohibit the amount of money that can be made per day so that the economy doesn't become too unbalanced and die awkwardly.

There, we should allow mob killing to give freeds but limit it fairly lowly. That way mob farms aren't as OP as they were before, though still feasible for getting drops and/or getting your freeds of the day. Hopefully installing a limit would promote trade more, as we all want. If you still didn't get my analogy, we freedians are the government not residing citizens as we have power to generate money. Give access to unlimited money per day and advantage can be taken.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:34 pm

No no, any form of money from mob farming is bad. I say make it so people have to sell materials like diamonds, gold, iron, coal, wheat and all that sort of stuff for freed... like in real life.

You can still farm them yes, but you don't get to keep the item, selling diamonds for freed etc. is the way forward I think, because who sells a diamond necklace for £1000 and keeps the necklace (without killing the person)?

It makes more sense than an infinitely generating system at no material cost to the player (apart from like a sword if they haven't made the mobs punchable).
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Boblobster wrote:No no, any form of money from mob farming is bad. I say make it so people have to sell materials like diamonds, gold, iron, coal, wheat and all that sort of stuff for freed... like in real life.

You can still farm them yes, but you don't get to keep the item, selling diamonds for freed etc. is the way forward I think, because who sells a diamond necklace for £1000 and keeps the necklace (without killing the person)?

It makes more sense than an infinitely generating system at no material cost to the player (apart from like a sword if they haven't made the mobs punchable).
    Oh yeah. Admin shop or finite mob farming. But pat's against admin shops selling basic items apparently.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

i say we make a low limit for mob money income and make materials that can be farmed to a minimum sell price so freeds keep their value but dont get to scarce. You could also sell more valuable items like diamonds which take time to get but are rewarding once u sell them or use them.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Mob income is part of the problem, but its not entirely at fault. There are very few uses for money except shops, trades and buying zones/factions ect.

So what keeps ecconomy from inflation? You dont print money up money when you run out, you make it circulate back and forth in the system.
    How to make that work in minecraft then? Think on that nut for awhile.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm

And gold is limited, therefore limited amounts of currency therefore limited inflation.

Shieeeet.
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 pm

pat u r the only one who wants to have a gold currency so throw it out. Just do wat we have now and and fix it. i know its hard but u need to work on something with the server besides resetting things. All i've heard about is reset after reset after reset, wether its economy or the map. sry if this is a little harsh but i kinda wanted to throw it out there and be honest.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:40 am

Also... no, gold is indeed unlimited.

Pigmen Farms. (Though the nether is actually off at the moment, even though you only let people have all their items because of ender chests that THEY NEED THE FUCKING NETHER to get the materials for... but your retardation on that matter is a different story).

More importantly, gold as a currency is just stupid anyway, it just wouldn't work from the current shop plugin and I doubt you'd put in the slightest ounce of effort to find a plugin that did allow such things... I am telling you, have certain minerals and foods etc. that you can sell in the admin shop. Yes you can farm farms... obv, but it is alot more effort and you don't actually keep the produce.

As for reasons to spend money, other people can still make shops I suppose, and to buy zones/townies etc.. You could make it so you lose freed every time you die (and gain it if you killed the person), and before you say 'TP KILLS WILL BE MORE FREQUENT, SADFACE' just change it to /tpa, people need permission anyway.

As for 'XRAYERS WILL BE MORE FREQUENT, SADFACE' there's plugins to stop that too y'know.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

Tp killing can be limited if you have tp request system or such (so the guy you want to tp to have to type something like /tp accept before actually tp'ing), and allow bypass for staff since we are not really tping around to kill anyway.

You can trade using a "physical currency" (ex. emerald or whatever you want to use), there are several plugins for that sort of thing.
    or you could just go hobostyle and trade one block for another (and risk geting killed while doing it).

It all boils down to what ppl want tho.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 am

Burnalot wrote:Tp killing can be limited if you have tp request system or such

Yeah that's what I meant by /tpa xD, though your version is alot more clear...

I'm not saying a physical currency would be bad, I'm just saying that there's a very low chance that anyone will bother to get the plugin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:38 pm