Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+12
CVB1234
rowanmc19
Burnalot
ApexDragon
Nearbeer
3zeki3l
Boblobster
mcuser12
Skje
Pyrferno
FERMIS
Lorecraft
16 posters

The server is withering away... :C

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

The server is withering away... :C Empty The server is withering away... :C

Post by Lorecraft Sun May 13, 2012 5:11 pm

It seems like the server is slowly dieing.... there is usually less than 5 people on at a time, and those are mostly a few mods or other old faithfuls. there is a constant grief problem which makes everything even LOOK like its decaying away. The economy isn't any better either, there is pretty much no exchange of freeds on the server anymore and if it is, it is almost always a singular exchange, big stores have just died out. It doesn't help that nobody stocks them anymore. Also almost everyone that still plays has some other server that they play more often.

I don't know what can be done but its just kinda sad. Crying or Very sad
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

The server is withering away... :C Empty Re: The server is withering away... :C

Post by FERMIS Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm

I have been super busy lately. This up coming week is finals week for me and this past week has been all projects and papers. I will be on more in a week or so.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Sun May 13, 2012 9:14 pm

I just haven't been in a building mood at all. And usually if I do I feel like I want to do it Creative. But I haven't played MC in like.. 3 weeks.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Lack of staff dedication(I'm one guilty of this),lack of decent and updated plugins, we don't have the money to advertise for more/new players and honestly minecraft is finally getting old.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun May 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Besides jobs and spleef which are on the way, the plugins aren't really the issue. It's all about publicity. I've been on far worse servers that are incredibly popular due to their advertising dollars.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 am

Well lets add some new fun plugins. Like mini-games.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/war/
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

I be doing exams, and playing on another server too ;P (one that already has creative (as well as peeps if you're thinking about burn's))

Also the other server is European so I don't have to wait until stupid o'clock to see peeps.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 pm

FERMIS wrote:Well lets add some new fun plugins. Like mini-games.

From my experience with factions and towny, players don't like minigames.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Mon May 14, 2012 6:21 pm

That's true, but i've seen things like this on a lot of servers (this one actually looks more in-depth and fun than the one's that I have seen) and they always bring players. I think we should worry about making the current server in ship-shape before adding anything else though.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon May 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Near the end of the year lots of people are doing their exams, and just dealing with the last of school. The time I do have for gaming I spend playing tf2 or LoL with friends. And to be honest Minecraft really is getting old.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Blasphemy!

Though i accept TF2 as an excuse, fuck LoL mind.

(Never actually played LoL and it's probably a decent game, it just seems too... geeky for my liking and I need to be revising and shit so I wouldn't have much time. For the moment though I'm just going to call it homosexual and what not).
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Boblobster wrote:Blasphemy!

Though i accept TF2 as an excuse, fuck LoL mind.

(Never actually played LoL and it's probably a decent game, it just seems too... geeky for my liking and I need to be revising and shit so I wouldn't have much time. For the moment though I'm just going to call it homosexual and what not).
    Spoiler:
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:

Those aren't mini games....
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah that just makes you look retarded... >_>

But yeah that War faction minigame plugin looks awesome Very Happy
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

FERMIS wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:

Those aren't mini games....
    I didn't say they were. I meant players don't like sub layers to minecraft, they just want to place/mine blocks, get money, and teleport places.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Well maybe its just that the server has been without sub layers for so long that the only people that it attracts are people that want to play regular minecraft. I mean, there are plenty of players that want to have things like towny, RP servers still exist and a lot of servers have factions or some variation. Maybe if we get more of this actually installed we will start getting the crowd thats into this kinda thing. Who knows, maybe thats why we don't have a big user base, because most people that play want more than just regular minecraft, but we've only been attracting the small minority that likes regular minecraft.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm

^This

Creative too, when that is put in we should get some peeps. I mean I prefer creative to survival meself.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 15, 2012 7:56 pm

We've had towny and factions for over 6 months.
    We don't have a playerbase because Obsidiancraft and Legendarycraft bought up all the advertising space.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm so glad this server doesn't have craft at the end of it... dunno why but I just dislike it when I see that on a server. Random comment.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed May 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Well we have had factions and towny for over 6 months. And when we had factions working nicely and running well for awhile we had a great player base, it was a fun, active community. It only recently started to really fall apart, about the time of the huge updates. The updates made for tons of downtime (well not actually down, just not updated, and as we all know most minecraft players cant wait to update) which kinda of killed our old community. As the server got back up though,the community drifted back in, but the Towny plugin has issues because of iConomy (or something) and so the fun, active community that liked these sub-layers started to find other servers they could play on with something like factions. Now, I am definitely NOT saying switch back to factions, I think that Towny will really give us an edge in the fight for popularity, its good and complicated, and has a lot of different functions. What we need to do is fix our plugins and get some old members more involved, have them tell others its back and working, then even add some other plugins to make the server better still (like jobs to help stimulate the economy). We really have potential to be way up there in the server lists.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed May 16, 2012 4:36 pm

BOBLOBSTER APPROVES
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

I definitely agree with you, lore.
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Anyone who wants a server to be popular must be prepared to see buttloads of grief, spam, and a messed up outer spawn area. Personally I think we should cop the IP go to random servers and spam it. And if that doesn't work, then I think, get more plugins, more admins and mods, and get the old factions back because as far as I know, barely any servers have towny, mainly because of its sort of complexity. Well, There's my opinion. And if THAT doesn't work Hitler time! >Very Happy (Renais People probably get the reference.)
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Those are all of the wrong ideas.

Last edited by Lorecraft on Thu May 17, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i had something longer but it really wasn't necessary)
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Thu May 17, 2012 12:01 pm

This server has an economy? Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:50 am