Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+12
CVB1234
rowanmc19
Burnalot
ApexDragon
Nearbeer
3zeki3l
Boblobster
mcuser12
Skje
Pyrferno
FERMIS
Lorecraft
16 posters

The server is withering away... :C

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

The server is withering away... :C - Page 2 Empty Re: The server is withering away... :C

Post by Lorecraft Thu May 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Well, no not really but new members might be able to get one going. Another thing that might be good is a server reset. Not just the world, but freed totals and items. It helps to keep things fresh. I mean, things like atlantis or Pyr and Dan's place or Jberry's city could be copied over, they took AGES of hard work. We could have an application thing but this time make it a bit stricter, reduce the amount of work the staff has to do in copying over. Really it would be best to keep copying to a minimal. The reason for this would be to freshen up the server like I said, and to give an economy more of a function. Currently, people dont need trade because they have everything they need. If they DO need to trade they probably aren't going to use freeds because having freeds wont help them (except for getting zones and stuff, which most of the members we have are too lazy to even utilize fully).

But idk. Maybe it would be better not to reset. This was just an idea I had.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

The server is withering away... :C - Page 2 Empty Re: The server is withering away... :C

Post by Pyrferno Thu May 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Lorecraft wrote:Well, no not really but new members might be able to get one going. Another thing that might be good is a server reset. Not just the world, but freed totals and items. It helps to keep things fresh. I mean, things like atlantis or Pyr and Dan's place or Jberry's city could be copied over, they took AGES of hard work. We could have an application thing but this time make it a bit stricter, reduce the amount of work the staff has to do in copying over. Really it would be best to keep copying to a minimal. The reason for this would be to freshen up the server like I said, and to give an economy more of a function. Currently, people dont need trade because they have everything they need. If they DO need to trade they probably aren't going to use freeds because having freeds wont help them (except for getting zones and stuff, which most of the members we have are too lazy to even utilize fully).

But idk. Maybe it would be better not to reset. This was just an idea I had.

In theory, it's a good idea, but it's not. The amount of rage from returning players would be very high. No one really likes to "restart" minecraft on a already designed place. They would prefer to make a new world on another server.. etc. Perhaps this should be added to the world request. A "Reseted" Hardcore world or something, every time you die you lose everything there.
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 pm

No thanks.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu May 17, 2012 6:27 pm

I say allow grief on the survival world and copy the good stuff onto a creative, then allow zones with Towny and stuff.

This way the Towny plugin will be alot more utilised and it will encourage people to do the jobs and shit for the economy. It's also more fun and has a better survival feel.

Other than that though I won't have to fix the stuff Very Happy (Well apart from the grief in the creative world)
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I guess you're right about restarting pyr, but then maybe we should treat it like a new server? I mean, its certainly very different from when the old players were on. The map as it is has already changed a hell of a lot from when most of 'em last logged on, a new map would probably be just the same to them, and maybe better if we think of it as a re-opening. And though i think bob might have something there about allowing grief to make towny more utilized, its just a bit risky...
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu May 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Risky-smischky, if anyone wants to build some mad stuff then there's the creative world Razz If not chances are they'd have enough material and protection as is. However maybe the protection sizes could be upped a bit for a lower price if grief is allowed because at the moment it's only a bonus thing for convenience, rather than actually protecting stuff. (Who knows maybe that's an excuse to raise the price, it depends on the economy really).
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Fri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Looking like good shit here ( just read through the whole thing for the first time) Buuut yea,
    Reset: No
    Alternate Hardcore and creative worlds: yea cool
    Allow greif in regular word: hmmm yea could be good effect but needs thinking on
    Advertising: Bring in some paper
    Site work: It really becomes a good server/community when people are active in game and forum wise. So we ` should have people with programming/creative skills perhapse updating or improving the forums apperance.
    Give it a cool fresh look. After all new players interested in the server come here to find out more Razz

2 cents from Row

(P.S. >:} minecraft never gets old, you need a break after doin it so long lol)
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri May 18, 2012 5:17 pm

I don't think it's entirely unthinkable that there's some way signing up on forums can promote to member, just the process I imagine would be pretty tedious. Slightly random but it could give the server a bit of a boost in credibility, and it saves us doing it.

On the other hand there'd probably have to be a completely different, custom, site structure to allow shit like that to happen, if it's even possible.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Fri May 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Spoiler:
    ^This Razz
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 pm

D:
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm

personally i think that the forums are great. Lord of the Craft, number 1 minecraft server, has shitty forums compared to ours. They have a bunch of pretty backgrounds, but they are very annoying to navigate. Thats a big reason why i didn't leave this server for LoC when i got accepted, because i couldn't be bothered to spend 2 hours to find one post there. Our forums are very well organized and easy to navigate, with all the categories clear and visible. Making it a bit prettier could be nice, but simple is good.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sat May 19, 2012 3:42 am

Boblobster wrote:I say allow grief on the survival world and copy the good stuff onto a creative, then allow zones with Towny and stuff.

This way the Towny plugin will be alot more utilised and it will encourage people to do the jobs and shit for the economy. It's also more fun and has a better survival feel.

Other than that though I won't have to fix the stuff Very Happy (Well apart from the grief in the creative world)

^ That
    is actualy what towny is meant to do, along with the other similar plugins. Geting it to work the way you think is a diffrent matter tho (and belive me, I have done alot on this matter for my own setup).
    Ill go with a 100% greifable server Very Happy
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 am

Of Course NO ONE mentions a PvP side Mad <--- Ragin Asain

And when I come on i just troll becase no one elce is on -.- I just got a Kid to admit I abuse my admin Powers LOL!
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Mon May 21, 2012 6:19 pm

You have Admin powers????? 0.0
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Mon May 21, 2012 6:20 pm

But i agree, there should be a PvP side to the server.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 pm

...Way ta go double postn -.- ...

But yea, adding a "PVP world" to the server and its ads prolly couldnt hurt its popularity
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 pm

The PvP side is everywhere.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Mon May 21, 2012 10:19 pm

CVB1234 wrote:Of Course NO ONE mentions a PvP side Mad <--- Ragin Asain

And when I come on i just troll becase no one elce is on -.- I just got a Kid to admit I abuse my admin Powers LOL!
    What in the world do you mean by "PvP side"?
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

ok sorry, i think the term "Anarchy World" would fit better
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm

rowanmc19 wrote:ok sorry, i think the term "Anarchy World" would fit better

Actually, this could be a really cool idea. Hear me out.

Anarchy World would only be roughly 500x500 blocks, max. And Grief is allowed 100%.. NO PROTECTION outside of the first 20x20 square. (PVP IS ALLOWED HERE) There is NO PVP safe spot at all. And basically, you would have me/fermis/etc make ruins across Anarchy World so it feels like a post apocalyptic war zone.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri May 25, 2012 5:25 pm

(This is also known as vanilla minecraft for those who were wondering)
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm

lol.

I think an interesting thing for a special pvp oriented part of the server would be hardcore type of thing. Every so often we would launch a hardcore minecraft world (hardcore as in the gamemode hardcore, i.e once you die you cant get back in) and have it like a tournament. The regular world would still be up of course, the hardcore world would be done through multi-world or something. There could be a few pre-maid buildings but the other than that players would have to make their own fortresses. Grief would be 100% allowed of course and so would chest thievery. It would make players think creatively about how best to defend their builds, and it would give people like nuttynate something to do with their skills for traps. Then it would basically be just people duking it out until only a few survived, and maybe host a final battle in the spawn arena to decide the winner of that round of hardcore, (maybe they could get like some freeds for winning or something).
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat May 26, 2012 9:12 am

I have said that damn idea in the past >:C

I suggested like once a month or so and the winner gets a steam game or some shit from any spare money we get (if any).
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Sat May 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Boblobster wrote:I have said that damn idea in the past :-)

I suggested like once a month or so and the winner gets a steam game or some shit from any spare money we get (if any).

Frown upside down Wink

Yeaaa i think its best to stick to freeds/diamonds an such lobsterz haha
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Anyone else want a Survival / Hunger game/s part of the server? =P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:57 pm