Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+12
CVB1234
rowanmc19
Burnalot
ApexDragon
Nearbeer
3zeki3l
Boblobster
mcuser12
Skje
Pyrferno
FERMIS
Lorecraft
16 posters

The server is withering away... :C

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

The server is withering away... :C - Page 3 Empty Re: The server is withering away... :C

Post by Lorecraft Sat May 26, 2012 7:00 pm

basically the same thing i (and bob) are saying, a tournament hardcore world. It just wont be themed towards the hunger games- people will have the ability to build their own stuff.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

The server is withering away... :C - Page 3 Empty Re: The server is withering away... :C

Post by Boblobster Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Apex pat said you have to appeal btw Razz

Also, in the next update hardcore multiplayer is going to be added, maybe that could be used Very Happy
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Oh, uhh..... Ok.....
    Razz
    neronix09

Post by neronix09 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Could we start a new map? It would give the server a fresh start, and get rid of all the griefed buildings right outside spawn
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Those will probally get removed this weekend when I get time.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Restarting the ma would most likely just infuriate an drive away any remaining old timers, bad idea peeps.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Turned mob damage back on in the arena by the way ;D
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 am

Lol wondering when that was gonna happen xD

An idea I have been thinking about that could be cool but maybe a bit op or maybe a bit pointles: Regenerating mines.

A town would pay a certain (likely high) amount of money to buy a certain area of land that could become a designated mining area. Then, every so often it could be re-loaded. The problem I have thought of is that I dont know if it is possible to re-generate it in a way that is different than the original way the world as loaded, and if it was not possible to do so then all the ores would be in the same place as the first time, making it too easy to mine only the ores every time.

But aside from that, it could be a pretty cool thing to put in the game, make people stop complaining about how all the world is mined out and there is no place to mine anymore.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 am

World edit has that function.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 pm

what, the //regen command? I'm not sure if we're on the same page but that wouldn't work.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:53 pm

hmm.. If we actually played with multiWorld enough we could "reset" the server without actually reseting it, with the new world for those that got bored with having everything etc.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm not sure why you guys are complaining about running out of room...the map is like 8,000x8,000...
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah what pat said.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:16 pm

//regen should work, I'll try it out. Pat people are like you lazy xD They don't want to walk and find an open spot > 100 blocks from spawn.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am

Last time I used regen on a not-so-large area it lagged my server to death and never worked, which it shouldn't because my server's rather decent. You can still try of course.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am

Alot of ruins around as usual. How about demolishing a few? >.>
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Im all for what burn says. we wouldn't really need a server reset if we implemented these mines and demolished all the shit piles right next to spawn and scattered elsewhere through the map.

Also i think ppl might be so bad about building right outside spawn because spawn is big. They already have to go quite a bit to get out, and most get lost. Of course, getting towny working would give them reason to go out of spawn to join a town, so thats another reason to do so as soon as possible.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 pm

We don't need a new map because we have enough room for people to mine...
    Perhaps tp hubs to remote parts of the world would be better, having little sub-spawns out there and what not.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm

We should make another map with no rules xD, everything goes.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 am

I had considered the sub spawns and such but i thought that instead of going to more trouble to get those working, lets just do a fix of whatever's wrong with towny. That should drag people from spawn to towns, and it will accomplish a major goal - getting towny working.

And although people on the server say "I dont really like towny, factions are better" thats only because most of them have NEVER seen what towny can do when its WORKING and so they assume towny is some really lame thing.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 am

Towny wars! Very Happy

I know chaos works very well with servers, mainly because people abandoned Orc's main server to go on the chaos (I have too funnily enough, it's bloody awesome, I'm a Co-leader of the Orc clan and everything ;D but I digress...) it started on like Friday last week, it's really fun.
    So yeah, maybe if we were to have two more worlds, one could be Towny wars, and the other could be creative as planned Razz
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 am

FERMIS wrote:We should make another map with no rules xD, everything goes.

^That
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

How about that anarchy map xD. Think about it no extra work for anti grief. and have a warning, "Anything goes, so don't cry about it"
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Well before any of this we need to get multi world working properly, and towny is a good bonus to a lot of these so it would be good to get towny working properly too. Its all well and good to discuss on the forums, but if something could actually be done, that would be better.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:27 pm

^This x20

'If something could actually be done'

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:53 pm