Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
mcuser12
Ninjaplz
Rang3ramhard
IITomII
Skje
Jberry
10 posters

Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Jberry
    Jberry

Solution/Idea's for our server :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Post by Jberry Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 am

Originally we were trying to address the economy, but I don't think anyone has much of an idea how or what that means. Ever since WorldEdit was taken away from admins, the power of spawning items is gone. So now the shops need legitimet stocking. The best solution is too recreate the whole scheme of shops.If we just keep everyone's city as you're putting it you wont restock, but why not create a large shopping centre. That way if you ever wanted anything you wouldn't be reyling on the city owners and because of orginastion and not having loads of cities, we could keep a healthy economy. and every single person on the server can contribute. But unless we make big changes freed's still valuless especially to new players. Ninja if I ever go too your city and walk around there's atleast 50% of the shops out-of-date or as it seems people just don't care. Right now as it stands, Ninja, 3z, Rang are the ones with shops who are trying to stock and keep up a market.
    As Ninja says everyone has a chance to compete, but they don't have a fair chance. If changes are made it will make it balanced. But it might be you three are disliking this idea purely because you're the only ones with good cities/shops and don't see 'your' problems with the economy when you should look at this as a server, and the direction it's trying to take, would it be a good thing to introduce people to half dead cities all across the server or to a Huge shopping centre with everyones peronsal plot and we every single player knows where the can go. I understand you might not like the idea of you city dieing with the removal of shops. But you could have people get plots to build in your city. A train station too each city would still be in effect. What values to this server does you city bring in comparision to a superstore. A superstore that everyone has a plot, maybe a three shop limit to ripen competive pricing. Bring out the economys potiental, most importantly it would be used. I'm not the only one sitting with a few thousand freed purely because places are empty or I don't like the idea of fueling one persons greed.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Solution/Idea's for our server :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Post by Ninjaplz Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 am

I never used world edit to stock my shop...
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon May 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Rang3 is the only one who spawned anything, and I dont think he did for his shop. You seem to be ignoring these statements completely Jberry.also Im hardly rich, ninja does nothing with his money and rang3 could care less... Sure make a shopping center and a track/warp to there from the spawn, make the spawn the shopping center etc. These are decent solutions, but I see no reason for a money reset/loss of any items.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon May 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Money reset has been done, all it was was setting Range and Ninja back to 10k.

As for the items, I'm sorry Jberry, but I can't take away people's items to make it more fair for the new users, it just doesn't make sense. I already made sure all spawned stuff was gone (Which was only some colored wool)

Spawn will be the shopping center
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Mon May 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Okay afterall I can only give out suggestions.. But lets how things go. I just have a quick question, were ninja's + rang's cities both buildt legit?
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 pm

The walls are world edit, but the clearing is legit for both from what they told me, tbh you need a world edit to get a city up in a short amount of time.

And yes I understand you are building a city by hand..
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 am

Yep me and burn cleared out the land and my walls are just one layer of cobble so wouldnt have taken that long to get the walls up.

Last edited by Rang3ramhard on Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Tue May 17, 2011 9:06 am

I built part of my city by hand... I did some leveling out and plot plotting... but yeah... it's really hard to make a legit city that's big enough for a lot of people just by hand
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 am

Just puting out an idea.

Personaly, I think the whole shop setup is kinda tarded. No offence, the system works but I just like to actualy work for it rather than farm and sell junk.
    Why not gain freed from other means? like a job plugin or something. As for money, what other means does it actualy do than buying land or junk? is there nothing else it could serve as a use for. There are plenty of things to get if your creative enough.

Heres my sugestion:
    1 - Remove shops from players (why? restocking sucks and its a big time dump)
    2 - Make unlimited shop at spawn and have players buy stuff there (and perhaps find a way to even prices)
    3 - Work to get the shit:
    ex. either by killing, building/landscapeing something or other crazy ideas like an award from wining in an arena, or hell make a bloody cake lottery. Beh, why not any other means than actualy being lazy Razz
    4 - Burn
    5 - Profit

As for the construction of pueblo. I dug it, filled it and replanted dirt in a much bigger area than it is now. Nazko also lent a hand on it. Rang3r did the scouting, walls and street foundation as well as some land clearing.
    We placed the damn thing in a flat area near a desert/half island, otherwise we would have used days if it was on a mountain.
    Walls were worldedit but realy id have done it myself since cobble is super easy to farm. Streets too, not realy a problem to do. Slabs are time consumeing to make but still easy.
    When it comes to bigger projects its all about how much details you want to add and how much time you want to spend on it.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

No point in removing player shops. If you don't want to restock, don't have a shop. ;P
    There is a job plugin, but you already do get paid for mining stuff(spawn shop)

I'd rather not have a superstore with spawned items because players can always mine them and sell them themselves.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue May 17, 2011 12:12 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:No point in removing player shops. If you don't want to restock, don't have a shop. ;P
    There is a job plugin, but you already do get paid for mining stuff(spawn shop)

I'd rather not have a superstore with spawned items because players can always mine them and sell them themselves.

No longer got one, unless beer becomes an option in minecraft ill sell that in my pub Razz
    Fair enough, your server your call. Just saying we could use more action and burnage. Very Happy
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 pm

There is a plugin that turns milk into beer Razz
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:There is a plugin that turns milk into beer Razz

Awsome. Beer = Drunkness = Bar Fights = Burnage
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

I suggest adding MCMMO, its actually really cool and adds a new reason to mine/do stuff. It allows for gaining levels and skills, like "beserker" and once its high enough you can get double-triple drops etc. There is also an anvil u can make (just an iron block) and you can fix items, wooden, stone iron, and with enough levels diamond. Of course you need extra blocks or ores to fix tools, not just fixing them with magic. its really rather cool, if you want to see it in action go to (ask me for server IP) sorry pat, haha. Im actually level 94 in another server for mining. Just a suggestion, would make things interesting
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm

3zek, that sounds pretty interesting
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 17, 2011 4:26 pm

I thought we were trying to fix the server to give newcomers the same advantages as veterans. Leveling would be...meh.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Tue May 17, 2011 4:28 pm

But... leveling would give people a reason to actually play, not beg people or only buy stuff
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue May 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I don't think an RPG style server is what's going to happen.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Ah well, its your call, but it would add a really cool element into the server. Just a suggestion, perhaps if the other users like?
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 am

3zki3l that sounds pretty fun. It not really an RPG style server it will just keep you sane when you're having too mine a 500x500 plot XD Atleast you get rewarded from it. It would bring in the competitivness from the mods/admins against the newcomers because. Some new comers might love to go around killing things and be servers top slayer or someone servers top miner. I recon as an addon it would be a good thing to consider. It wont change the server to RP even tho minecraft's a SurvialRP game. 3ze could I have the IP to come see what it's like :>?
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am

Me and 3z were discussing this before in game, i think playing an role playing server would be tumps of fun and bring a completely new experience minecraft as opposed to the stale gameplay i feel from it now. BUT (this is a HUGE but) it would take a mass amount of commitment and time to get the server up to scratch to fit in with any role playing styles. We'd have to wipe the map as nothing we've built is suitable for a rp server. We'd have to work cities, quests and storylines along with groups with hierarchys(ies?) and npc involvment, plus, we'd also have to customise and maintain caves, landscapes, woodland, mountains, the lot, just to make it a good rp server... though that is the way i'd approach a rp server. You guys may have different ideas on how to approach it, say, bringing in small elements that involve rping, but changing the server to a specific rp server, in my view, is unfeasible.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 am

Not necessarily Mpowell, lots of other servers use this without all the other stuff your talking about. It could easily be a simply role-playing aspect without a whole new reboot of the server.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 am

meh, i think the mod is interesting, but its just another 'biggest dick' contest, instead of who has the most money eg. who can find the best way to exploit the money system and appear to have 'earned' the most money, itll become the same thing with any leveling system, people will find exploits and itll be a 'biggest dick' contest in the exact same way and people will spend all their time trying to better the others with tedious tasks (mining for example).
    The other things mentioned in the mod like the fixing of items is a bit of a counter intuitive implement...i mean, if you can afford to pay the diamonds to fix your diamond sword, then why not just make a new one. I know it's all about the rping and the getting involved that attracts people, but its just not what this server is about. If people want to rp, they do so anyway, they don't necessarily rely on any plugins.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed May 18, 2011 1:23 pm

One of my favorite parts of minecraft is how everyone is equal. If we ran a server dedicated to rp, sure add it. We aren't. I think that just adding it as a cool thing would be a bit out of place.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed May 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Faction warfare then.
    Ill be my own faction to even things out xD

Jokes aside. Something is needed to spice things up. idk what that could be tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:22 pm