Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+11
j044n
Nearbeer
csrazze1
JollyRancher
Ninjaplz
Jberry
FERMIS
Burnalot
3zeki3l
McPowell
mcuser12
15 posters

New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas

mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas Empty New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm

If any of you have played Oblivion, you know what the Imperial City. Cfortay and myself have decided that a replica of the Imperial City would be a perfect thing for spawn, but it is a huge undertaking. All items will be /given and some slight worldedit will be applied, but for the most part it'll be sheer manpower.

New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas Put_to11

Here are some screenies:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Adding more screenies

Last edited by PatrickFreed on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas Empty Re: New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas

Post by McPowell Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm

you are shitting me right? you know how much time, effort and commitment a job like that needs...but more so than anything else, skill?
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas Empty Re: New Spawn-Imperial City + Your Ideas

Post by 3zeki3l Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:47 pm

This seems like a bit much, for it to look anything like that will take months, not to mention it wont fix the lag problem we had with old spawn. I have an idea that we should record the making of new spawn, but I doubt burn has enough memory on his comp for all this.

A recreation of maybe something a bit simpler and smaller, along with statues of the donators staff and whatnot. Something cool, but not something impossible.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

could cut/paste the important bits... but... lawl.

Im more worried what materials we are going to use.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm

I'll help.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm

im all for a quaint spawn, lots of woodland and few buildings and have VERY strict building rules on shops there so it doesnt turn to shit like the last spawn...something just seems very appealing about a spawn that doesnt say "Look here, we have a bigger penis than the other servers!" But then again, people really do attach to grand structures when they enter servers...one other thing's for sure, we want to make it pretty basic to exit spawn, before it was a huge maze of confuzzlement, not what we want to happen again...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, I realized this is more of an undertaking than I originally thought, so there will be generous amounts of worldedit. I doubt it'd take months, it's not that difficult.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Well with WE no, but before you wanted to make spawn by hand.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

I recon we could make this work as its fairly simple in terms of architecture as its mainly all walls and towers, which the spawn being in the middle at the top of the tower ( Imperial Palace ) it would work so well. The city has mutliple exists but we could change that to just one perhaps. I think this is a brilliant idea and its gonna be challenging but im in.. we need get the circle going and then mark out the walls and such. Mock up how the walls are going to be build and we should plow through it. Reason size matters Mcpowell is quality is limited in small scale and for wow factor terms a large city is a great first impressions. A smaller spawn might be a solution to stop confusion ( check my rhym ) but this city can be simple enough. Would could have the Imperial Palace, spawn being the top of the large tower spiral down abit like the current one, then exiting the palace ( I think it might be cool to keep the insides of the palace out of bound like the game, not just that but then the shops can actually be in the Market District rather than people hugging in the palace they leave it quicker and stumple on the shops and exists.

Edit: If the lag is gonna a problem from this then be a good idea to leave it xD
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm currently out of the country for the next 2 weeks, but I think the Imperial City could be a good idea... you really only need to do maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of the total part, then just WE copy/rotate/paste and repeat... it wouldn't be too hard... and 4 exits is good so that way not EVERYONE builds in the same place right out side of spawn.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 pm

To rule out any lag issues, I'm going to move it far away from where old spawn was.
    JollyRancher

Post by JollyRancher Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:59 pm

I really like the Imperial City idea and having 4 exits sounds good also. I'll be glad to help to build it.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Anyways, we've estimated it will take 14 hours to plan everything out.
    I'm hoping to divide it into 7 people so 2 hours a pop. I'll upload a video or something tomorrow explaining what planners need to do.
    We might just go off the rough plans though.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:51 am

if you have several teams it might be faster than just 7 ppl that way there can be shifts and the group can skype or something like that, teams of say 3 or 4 would be my idea.
    csrazze1
    csrazze1

Post by csrazze1 Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 pm

On behalf of new snowbeach we would be happy to help
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am

After looking a little closer at this project I have come up with the idea that yes this would be cool, but not reasonable. If you want something like this we could do a much smaller scale or just do the inner part with the tall tower sounded by arches.

The project at is posted right here might as well be mission impossible. The time it would take and the scale it would have to be to make it look semi-correct would just be way to much for all the staff and the members to handle before they might say screw it.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:08 am

FERMIS wrote:After looking a little closer at this project I have come up with the idea that yes this would be cool, but not reasonable. If you want something like this we could do a much smaller scale or just do the inner part with the tall tower sounded by arches.

The project at is posted right here might as well be mission impossible. The time it would take and the scale it would have to be to make it look semi-correct would just be way to much for all the staff and the members to handle before they might say screw it.
    Yeahhh
    I might just have Jberry make the White gold tower Razz
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 pm

When do you want me to make this spawn pat been like 4days since you said : /? I'll make you the spawn then I'm done with the server because I can't be bothered to loose everything over and over..
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Jberry wrote:When do you want me to make this spawn pat been like 4days since you said : /? I'll make you the spawn then I'm done with the server because I can't be bothered to loose everything over and over..
    I'm not at home right now so I haven't been able to get the server running yet. I'll let you know when I do though.

It's not like the rollbacks were a normal thing. There was a malfunctioning plugin that was crashing the server. I removed the plugin and have map backups running every 30 minutes and a new auto save plugin running every 15. If you think that isn't enough, then I can't help you.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Okay.

Well it seems to be everytime I play on your server in a whole week I proberly lost 3 days work. I don't want to replay a day of grinding that i've just endured to only get back to where I was origanlly. I know that if you can't do anything then it's me who gets the shit. I'm not even joking my friend lost a whole house but he dosen't care he just left I can't get him back on now.. I seem to either play on the server for a long time and loose something through rollback which is prone to happen to me ( I've lost my original home,2shops,a massive mine,hours of sp'ing and now a few hours of something I can't get back even if I wanted) I can't play due to lag spikes or just the general overclogged server with members. I can't just log on and play there's always something.

I'll still make the spawn if that's what you want, and i wouldn't mind to do it aswell seeing as it's an oblivion project. But i'm not gonna be building on the server now. I might come on for a hobbit house or something but my city can just decay XD
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Jberry wrote:but my city can just decay XD
    Sad
    In that case, can I regenerate the chunks that were going to become your city? It's a lot of land that got flattened.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

maybe keep it for incase i get really bored and find nothing else to do, if you did that id be gone for good xD
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 am

Don't leave us Jb then there will only be one faction and it will obtain all the members because factions are too expensive for almost any non minecraft addict players to get.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

I think i will be seeing as my friend randomly decided to play again yesterday Razz
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Burnalot wrote:could cut/paste the important bits... but... lawl.

Im more worried what materials we are going to use.
    I would use slabs. I think those fit.

Btw, you guys should get an AI character mod and station guards. And don't forget the adoring fan!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:53 pm