Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
mcuser12
Ninjaplz
Rang3ramhard
IITomII
Skje
Jberry
10 posters

Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Jberry
    Jberry

Solution/Idea's for our server :) Empty Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 8:47 am

I think it would be a good idea to write these down on paper. So everyone can read and contribute. And hopefully post things with the right target, look towards the server rather than indivually. I hope people can read this forum and join in. Ill keep editing mine when i get more ideas.

The Economy
    I think as a solution to a good economy would be for Pat to create a big superstore shop at the spawn with all the buyable things at a big cost making people want to find other shops and find better prices giving the economy one of its main factors. I think freed should be reset to a starting amount along with shop prices and stock to give it a fair reset. If were going to try to make freed a good involvment in the server we need a good economy. There's too many illigitimet shops and it ruins the economy. I think the only viable way for money in the server is through shops and we need a good system. Freed from zombies has already been addressed with a lowerred amount, and when people want to create big ideas but save time they turn to money. We need to make it valuable.
    [ 15/07/11 ]

I'll keep updating this with new ideas for now i need to get this out there.
    I'll let you all know i'm crap with grammer and such XD.

Skje
    Skje

Solution/Idea's for our server :) Empty Re: Solution/Idea's for our server :)

Post by Skje Sun May 15, 2011 10:22 am

Idk about a reset, maybe just shave 10k of Rang and Ninja.
    IITomII

Post by IITomII Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 am

Yeah sounds good, definitely a big superstore to buy what you need at reasonable prices, and sell your stuff at reasonable prices so theres actually a way to make Freed without having to sell to players which is unreliable.

There just needs to be a reliable way to buy and sell without needing other players, so I totally vouch for the superstore idea Smile

Dunno about the reset of freed though, maybe just deduct some from the top people so they can't just buy everything? Also the superstore would need infinite stock otherwise we would still be relying on admins to spawn new items to restock the shops Smile

Very Happy
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 am

I think the reset of freed is necessary. But i agree with Spoon i didn't say completely clear the freed maybe just give reset everyone to 1000 freed that are over 1000? The superstore has to be expensive so it makes otherpeoples city come into the game alot more Smile
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 pm

SpoonMe wrote:Idk about a reset, maybe just shave 10k of Rang and Ninja.

Damn you i've been trying to beat ninja for like the last month and i'm about to pass him.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 12:21 pm

lol how are you getting your money? Donations?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Forum being used....Very Happy

Anyways, I'm for a freed reset, I just am worried about Ninja' rage because he spent so much time to get all that.

As for the superstore, you can already sell to it, and I can have it so you can buy from it too, but the prices will be far more expensive than they're worth. (This is to make sure people can't make a profit from buying, then selling)
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah pat that's what should be done Smile You'll beed to make a superstore which has everything and then you can give each item in the game a starting point price which will be expensive Smile
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 1:15 pm

so like... I never really buy anything with freed... so what we could do is just make me the dude who takes people's money to zone lots then kinda disclude me from the whole economy ranking part
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 pm

No one but the owners should take peoples money for zoning : /
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Sun May 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Thats Pats job.....
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 1:28 pm

No like... when someone wants to buy a city for like 6k freed or w/e, I could do that for them... cause I never used freed... it was fun to get rich... but now it's just kinda boring
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Sun May 15, 2011 1:33 pm

I disagree I dont waste my money either since ive been trying to pass you but they can pay Pat even though hes not online.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun May 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Ninja's just a money whore

In order to reset, we'd have to ask everyone over 1k, right? I'd hate to take away 10k+ from cliff.

For the new people, how does 250 freed sound as a starting point?
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Or everyone in the top 10 take away like 5-10k.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 1:43 pm

I think clifforj was the person who said about the freed reset
    clifforj
    clifforj
    In-Game Moderator

Post by clifforj Sun May 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Yeah, slash the freed down. Admittedly I'd still like a little just so I can get wool and wood.... Razz

As I was saying on the server before the lag destroyed my will to live:

I think it would be a good idea to have a centralised shopping area. (not referring to the same thing as jberry was here).

My suggestion is that we should create a 'shopping centre' with fixed size plots that will be owned by the server. People wanting to start up shop can then do so in a centralised way, meaning they won't have to spam adverts in the chat, and meaning that they actually stand a chance at competing. At the moment its quite obvious that people either use ninjas shop, or the spawn in pueblo. If we were to say that shops can only exist in the shopping centre, it would limit the types of blocks people could sell. This would create gaps in the market others could fill and profit from. If you only have space for 3 shops in your plot, you have to pick wisely what you are going to sell.

If this were to happen i'd like to get involved with the building etc, but I don't think i'd like to have to fund it and build it all myself.... as this would help make the server a much more interesting place to shop and trade - i think it should be funded by magic/we/pat Razz

Anyone else like this idea?
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Ninja is rarely online, meaning he rarely restocks, Rang3r is lazy, meaning he rarely restocks either, my shop is constantly being bought from, its not our fault ur guys shops are in places that new guys pretty much never go to. Not to mention a lot of em dont even want to buy stuff.

I worked hard for my crap, and i dont want to lose my money or my stuff...
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Sun May 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Do you not want to give other people the chance to compete or do you want to sit at the top with you flowing cash? If we made a city it would be orginised proberly would wouldn't have 5-6 different cities with shops. It would balance it and I've never been too your city I didn't even kno you had one i use pueblo/ninja aswell as my good 10-12 friends ive introduced to this.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun May 15, 2011 4:20 pm

it was difficult to read your post. But apparently you seem to have gotten the idea that I have a city? No i do not. I have several shops. The one in Publo is rarely used, the one in Ninja city is bought from by some people. My shop in oos is the most popular. Sure people should get the opportunity to get income, but perhaps your shops/cities should be readily available to newcomers. Im all for a shopping center, not for everyone losing their money/stuff.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Everyone has the same chance to compete... I barely restock my shop... I hate restocking...

Making the shops all in one place would be stupid...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Not all, but whoever wants a shop there might not be a bad idea.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 8:29 pm

well weren't we already kinda doing that with spawn? it's just another city that you can buy a lot in...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun May 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Yeah that's a good idea, let's just sell spawn plots as shop plots
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 pm

and we're 1 step closer to being an exact copy of Orcworm...=p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:54 pm