Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
John_Axe
FERMIS
Kukurin56
Boblobster
mcuser12
ColonialRebel
10 posters

Save the Builds Movement

ColonialRebel

Save the Builds Movement Empty Save the Builds Movement

Post by ColonialRebel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 pm

This is the time when a new update will be coming around the corner(1.5). As most of you know that orc's old server has been rather short lived while also having many great builds still not lived out and others just not ready to depart from our souls and lives.[I don't know if this applies to freed's world] Nero said we would have applications or a thread for saving builds and projects from this server to apply onto the next server when the time comes. So now I created a thread just for that. I will wait for Patrickfreed to reply to this to give his opinion. DONT PUT ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BUILDS YET. Wait til pat clears this. Now some ideas for the uses of the transferred builds:

1. Some builds won't fit this but some builds could be implemented into a new spawn system with multiple districts(like Oblivion)
    2. Maybe a museum of server history
    3. Relics scattered around the map
    4>>>> Your ideas

NOTE: Thefluffyswan, don't even try. Haters gonna hate.
    NOTE 2: I hope to see involvement amongst out community!
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Save the Builds Movement Empty Re: Save the Builds Movement

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 pm

hahhahahahahahaha, love that. it's just that, i am sick of rebuilding the same thing over and over again(especially my ship.) even nero agreed that we need transfers.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 am

^This kid has a point.

It's more work for them to rebuild everything than it is for us to just move it.

On the other hand though, with the total econ reset that would put some people at an advantage over others, so things like diamond blocks and all that wouldnt be allowed over surely.
    Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Post by Kukurin56 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Why do you need the same builds anyway though? One of the points of a reset it to reset, and build something new, not recycle the same idea over and over. New world, new ideas.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 pm

The point of a reset is to reset everything. Every map since freeds has started had a move never a reset. The amount of stuff that I could have taken from the first map to the current one would be obscene. In an effort to give new players a chance to be on equal terms as those that have been around for a while a reset would be needed. Losing builds is annoying, but each time a restart has occurred a chance to build somewhere else and in a different style is there. For me I like to have one central build because most people only have one /home I see this as a necessary evil. The other part of this is when you copy things over they never are copied quite right. Something is always off, your build it usually built to the land and doesn't always get put near who you want to be near, and the builds are generally relatively close together. Close being ~100 - 300 blocks apart.
    ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 pm

well, my thought was that all chests are to be cleared and that only the buildings be zone that nothing can be built inside them. Not every building is non transferable. For example, a ship, like mine, could be easily transferred without hassle. Another option is a world download the day before grief day(if we are having one). i could care less about houses. i am talking about castles, forts, ships, citadels, and other mega builds.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 am

Reset is a reset. Nobody should have their stuff transfered.
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 am

It's much more fun to be satisfied with the object you just built than to have it in your presence without any work. So, rather than admiring that amazing build that you made on multiplayer, find a way to transfer it onto singleplayer. Then build something in the same style with your hard earned materials on the new map, and you'll be just as happy.

And just to make this clear, if one person has their freakin awesome house transferred, everyone else will want their stupid little dirt huts transferred just to be fair.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 am

See, my plan was to open up a creative world and slam all the good builds on there, but no bugger wants a creative world >:C.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am

Well, I agree with you Bob, but transfering builds is just ridiculous.
    It's a really bad idea, I mean its a map reset, everything should be fresh.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Nothing should be carried over. You think you're special because you put a lot of work into your building? Well so did everyone else. A reset should reset everything, EVERYTHING, if you want to keep your building then download the map backup and worldedit it into your singleplayer map.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:Nothing should be carried over. You think you're special because you put a lot of work into your building? Well so did everyone else. A reset should reset everything, EVERYTHING, if you want to keep your building then download the map backup and worldedit it into your singleplayer map.

Tottaly agreed.
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple
    Donator

Post by SergentPineapple Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

I like making words bold because everyone else does it and it look good.

Oh and I agree total reset no transfers. Razz
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Nothing will be transferred.

The only maybe thing is if we don't make this bill I might do a donate to transfer thing.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Donate to transfer is a horrible idea, you're basically saying that you're susceptible to bribes.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm

ColonialRebel wrote:
    NOTE: Thefluffyswan, don't even try. Haters gonna hate.

Before I start I have two things I want to address. I want to thank ColonialRebel, for being the trooper that he is, and remembering me even through everything that has been happening at his new home on FreedsUnivserse. Next, I would just like to say the following

HATERS GONNA HATE!!!
    Save the Builds Movement Pinkie_Pie_haters_gonna_hate

Now that we have resolved this little issue let us move on.

Well ColonialRebel, though your efforts may be for good, their are QUITE a few reasons why builds should NOT be imported (Please do note that a lot of these have been said before)
    1. New Map. By now, i have come to the following conclusions; You are one persistent bastard, or you are PRETTY dense, and I am going to go with the latter. A new map means that NOTHING (which means no thing) shall be transfered over to the new map. Everything will be reset. The only one's who will have an advantge over others will be Donators (assuming we have our commands on start) and Staff/Admin/Whatevertheyarecalledhere. Though this may be unfair, this is how it will have to be.

2. Transferring Problems; Like Blake said, people will start getting jealous (however much I would like a few good looking buildings put onto the server), and then everyone will want their stuff transferred, from a giant replica of the Titanic to their shitty little hut that they built in 10 minutes flat. On top of this, the amount of time it would take to transfer all of this, and to make room/find a place for it would be too much for Patrick and/or Staff to handle.

3. Unfair Advantages; In the past, people have used their transferred over buildings to have a shitload of hidden items in them (for example, bakc on Orcworm, an ex-staff named Rardical had a shop. Underneath it, were chests FILLED with diamonds and all sorts of shit. Needless to say, after it was transferred, he was already set with everything. In addition, the fact that a few people would have a massive fortress already, while others have nothing, would be pretty...unfair to say the least.

(Just so you do know Colonial, however much I want some shit to be transferred over, I know it won't happen, and I think it's better for everything to just reset anyways)

Now, one last thing:
    Spoiler:
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

^ That.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:40 pm