Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
mcuser12
Boblobster
FERMIS
7 posters

How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now)

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now) Empty How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now)

Post by FERMIS Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:10 pm

You need to download the old jar file http://assets.minecraft.net/1_2_5/minecraft.jar
    Then open a folder and type in the address bar
    Code:
    %appdata%/.minecraft/bin
    rename the minecraft.jar file to minecraft_1_3_1.jar.
    Then put the minecraft.jar file you downloaded in there.

To switch back to minecraft 1.3 rename the minecraft.jar file to minecraft_1_2_5.jar
    and rename the minecraft_1_3_1.jar to minecraft.jar
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now) Empty Re: How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now)

Post by Boblobster Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 pm

However, you lose all of your stats in downgrading, so be cautious.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now) Empty Re: How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now)

Post by mcuser12 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

What stats?
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:12 pm

blocks mined etc...
    dwarfitup

Post by dwarfitup Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 am

what do i do when you get stuck on the done loading screen?
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 am

Delete your version file I think in that same folder
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 am

Boblobster wrote:However, you lose all of your stats in downgrading, so be cautious.
    I don't think your stats are stored in your minecraft.jar are they? (Not that I care)
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 am

They aren't.

They are in %appdata%/.minecraft/stats
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

Yes but when you downgrade they reset anyway, this is from personal experience now bros.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

oh no that 1000 cobble mined ):
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Win
    How to downgrade to minecraft 1.2.5 on windows (so you can play right now) Stats
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:11 pm

The closest thing i have that compares to that is the amount of wool blocks placed for me, which is 6000 odd. Yet that's still 4k lower than that 10k, nevermind the 50...

I've also placed 5k diamond blocks too apparently. Not sure what from though...
    dwarfitup

Post by dwarfitup Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Now it freezes at Extracting: Windows_natives.jar.lzma to Windows_natives.jar. Any more help... Please!
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 pm

what the fuck have you done? xD
    dwarfitup

Post by dwarfitup Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 pm

i did what i was told and that was what happened Sad i want back on freeds. will downloading a new bin folder work???
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 pm

odd I didn't have this issue at all. I just tried this downgrade with a clean install of minecraft and it was flawless.

First save your single player worlds.
    In "%appdata%/.minecraft" There is a folder called saves. This holds all of your single player worlds.
    Move this folder to a new folder on the desktop and name that folder mcBackUps (name isn't important, name it as you like)

In your "%appdata%/.minecraft" folder there is also a servers.vcd file you probably want to save. This file has the servers you have added in minecraft saved. Copy this file to mcBackUps as well. If you care about stats which have a possibility of being lost in this process anyways, you can copy that folder too.

The last folder I think you may want to save is your screenshots folder. After you have all these things in a safe location go to the folder %appdata% and delete the .minecraft folder.

After this folder is deleted run minecraft again and it will regenerate that folder. After this folder is regenerated exit out of minecraft and put the items you saved back from where they were deleted from.
    dwarfitup

Post by dwarfitup Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

remove all that from .minecraft then update and then try downgrading?
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I have no idea what you managed to do, because all you have to do to downgrade is exactly what ferm said first off >_>, replace the minecraft.jar with the 1.2.5 .jar. By doing that, and only that, there's not much else that CAN go wrong as far as I know.

Maybe Ferm just used too much of that fancy computer language or something. What I would do in your situation is force update from the client (as you said), but you don't need to backup screenshots or anything, they stay. Unless of course something properly messes up that is.

But yeah, aslong as you are in the right folder (bin in .minecraft) you should be able to replace the jar, hell you can just delete the current one (1.3.1) and put in the old one if you can't be bothered for the renaming stuff. If it says minecraft.jar and is in the bin folder it should work, no need to bother with screenshots or whatever.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm

I was being exact bob =p
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

dwarf I was assuming you wanted to save things from your current minecraft so you didn't lost your screen shots and such.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:44 pm

dwarfitup wrote:i did what i was told and that was what happened Sad i want back on freeds. will downloading a new bin folder work???

This is more or less what you're doing. If what I said before is too complicated. Delete the bin folder then launch minecraft. Then see the first post to downgrade.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 pm

You don't lose screenshots when downgrading though? >_> Or anything else for that matter... now you're just confusing the shit out of him prob.

Force update, delete minecraft.jar, put in the 1.2.5 jar in its place.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm

FERMIS you forgot to delete the META-INF.

EDIT: never mind, it works fine so now I'm stuck on why dwarfitup can't get minecraft to work.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Feeeeerm, screen share with hiiiiiiim.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 am

Nearbeer wrote:FERMIS you forgot to delete the META-INF.

EDIT: never mind, it works fine so now I'm stuck on why dwarfitup can't get minecraft to work.

Same jar file you would have gotten when 1.2.5 was the latest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:54 pm