Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
Burnalot
Pyrferno
IronEagle92
7 posters

This server is awesome!!! ...but :P

IronEagle92

This server is awesome!!! ...but :P Empty This server is awesome!!! ...but :P

Post by IronEagle92 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 am

So I've spent some time recently looking for good servers to play on and i came across this one and im excited about how cool it is... but I think maybe 2 or just 1 change that would make this server epic...

1) The introduction of Mcmmo. this is a mod that lets you level up skills as well as finding loot from your levels, this could help with the apparent shortage of blocks like glowstone... (i cant post an external link so you will have to google it)
    ^ Assuming the server runs off bukkit cant member if it does or not... :/

2)Lower the cost of stuff... it is hard to get money on this server unless you kill mobs all day... like i dont like the idea of having to kill mobs for 3 hours just to pay upkeep on a town or something :/

I dont know if any admins plan on taking action with these ideas but i hope you do... but this is just my opinion so yeah... and dont take as me telling you guys what to do Razz

N.B. i know that mcmmo does cause lag but most ppl agree its worth it
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

This server is awesome!!! ...but :P Empty Re: This server is awesome!!! ...but :P

Post by Pyrferno Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 am

IronEagle92 wrote:

2)Lower the cost of stuff... it is hard to get money on this server unless you kill mobs all day... like i dont like the idea of having to kill mobs for 3 hours just to pay upkeep on a town or something :/

Alright, the mcmmo sounds awesome, but I have to say your 2) Is not correct. My cave spider farm I can earn roughly 1k freeds every 30-40 minutes. Now, add this in with the fact that there are a lot of things that can be overpriced on the market and still sell.

Wood planks for 32 for 25 freeds, aka a stack of logs = 100 freeds. Glass for 16 at 20 freeds, sand is everywhere + can be quickly farmed using a torch method. Colored Wool: even if selling at only 1 to 1 freeds it is easy to get a insane amount of wool off a good sheep farm. Put it this way my girlfriend has earned roughly 3k off selling wool and still has several more to sell.

Now I'm not saying that it's easy for new people on the server to earn a large amount of freeds quickly. But as soon as you have a working spider trap, I can assure you it won't cost jack to have a town running. Unless your running a nation and a town Like me. My tax is 465, but my 16 residents pay 30 freeds in tax daily also.
    Burnalot

This server is awesome!!! ...but :P Empty Re: This server is awesome!!! ...but :P

Post by Burnalot Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 pm

mcmmo. Beh. Its "not bad". But there are other plugins that are more stable.
    As for glowstone shortage. Grow some balls and go into the nether to farm some.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Burnalot wrote:mcmmo. Beh. Its "not bad". But there are other plugins that are more stable.
    As for glowstone shortage. Grow some balls and go into the nether to farm some.

See this is a issue burn, pat needs to fix the wilderness of the towny settings to allow fire. Cause atm you can't really make portals.

->Iron, if you want glowstone, I could technically take you to the far side of the nether to collect some. but it would be dangerous, you would want to homeset out there.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Fixing the towny thing now.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 pm

2) It's called capitalism.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Not to mention, do we really want a hundred towny towns? XD no haha, wouldnt be enough members to cover costs an such for them all..... the thing i like, is the money earning system is quite close to real life here (so to say) .. you gotta work hard an spend time if you want to get alot..... an as for item prices.. that is set by owners of the shops.. nothing you can do about that cept look for the best price

an hiya pat.. purple announcements fix as well??? Very Happy
    cool_beans120

Post by cool_beans120 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Also fix how mobs are sometimes frozen...and how its laggy please
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Alright, pat will just press a button and the lag will be gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:54 pm