Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+4
Nero Darkard
_Brain_Dead_
John_Axe
Boblobster
8 posters

Towns for the New Map

Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Towns for the New Map Empty Towns for the New Map

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 pm

After Colonial was showing me all of his awesome shit earlier it made me realise how much of a shame it really would be to just throw everything away that easily. Many people left because they heard about the server having a reset so soon after the last one with nothing copied over, which is fair enough I'd be pretty pissed too, but the reason I didn't want to copy things over is because we need a complete reset, the economy is in the shitter and the Freed and Orc universes are completely separate at the moment, so anything copied over would lead to the owner having a big advantage over everyone else.

Our new spawn is based in mid air in the middle of the ocean, with no real land masses around to go live on. So what we were going to do is have a bunch of teleporters to different biomes and places in general so people could choose where they wanted to build without having to run there, just we didn't have much time to actually put these things in and were gonna leave it until when it was live. Colonial was telling me how he wanted to help build with the spawn but never had the chance, and although I was actually in charge of who got on the spawn building project (>_>) it looks as if it's a damn shame he couldn't, and his stuff is the only stuff I have seen really.

MY PROPOSITION IS THIS:

If anyone has (or knows of) any good towns/castles/anything good really that they really want to keep, or wants to have their own part in the new map for everyone to see show me and if it's suitable I'll copy it over so we can place it as a public town (or next to the town for the matching area if it's some form of art or just one building). This way everyone can see their things in the new map so everyone is involved in the new spawn. If everyone works together with this I think it can work out pretty well, months of work from everyone on the server is sure as hell better than 3 weeks worth of like 6 of the staff, and it saves us having to do a probably piss poor job of making some towns quickly.

As for the whole equality thing on start up, although your builds will be taken over they would be for public use so each person wouldn't be able to own their thing privately, though I think that is a good thing because then everyone gets to see your work, and everything would be zoned so they wouldn't be able to grief it either. I mean you get a zone and a public warp to your thing, that's like a $30 odd donation's worth just for free.

As an extra bonus just for Pat (who seems to have a fear of manual labour) I won't make you do anything so you can just sit back and watch me load up and paste schematics!

Now my condition to all of you is you best bloody tell all the old players who left because of the reset about this so we can regain some of the player base! If you want your stuff taken over you're going to need to work hard to make it up to the right quality ;P. We're on the brink of death so we may as well go all out.

P.S: Can't be arsed to proof-read

Schematics saved so far:

ColonialTown (ColonialRebel)
    Ship (ColonialRebel)
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Towns for the New Map Empty Re: Towns for the New Map

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 pm

If there's any plots in your town though, either have them cleared out so they can be repurchased for the new spawn, or have the plots pre-made to all fit a theme, so people can buy them fully kitted.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am

These are some good ideas, even tho I think the spawn should be as the old ones, 4 main directions and shit.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am

Aye but then the problem with that is the grief outside spawn looks awful and is all concentrated to just there, every new person has to join and walk through that making it look awful for them.

This way people get to choose where they start building so the walk isn't as long for them in the first place, and all the spawn griefers would be spread out across a larger area, so although there would still be spawn grief outside these towns it would be less concentrated.

That and I think it's a nice way to get what's left of the community involved.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Boblobster wrote:

Our new spawn is based in mid air in the middle of the ocean, with no real land masses around to go live on. So what we were going to do is have a bunch of teleporters to different biomes and places in general so people could choose where they wanted to build without having to run there,

this is a good and a bad idea for the players that know runecraft its handy but the problem we had on orc with teleporters was new people most of the time dont know what runecraft is so they don't use the teleporters and probaly jump in the water looking for land
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:

Our new spawn is based in mid air in the middle of the ocean, with no real land masses around to go live on. So what we were going to do is have a bunch of teleporters to different biomes and places in general so people could choose where they wanted to build without having to run there,

this is a good and a bad idea for the players that know runecraft its handy but the problem we had on orc with teleporters was new people most of the time dont know what runecraft is so they don't use the teleporters and probaly jump in the water looking for land

These teleporters are not based on runecraft, but on command blocks, triggered by pressure plates.
    They are very visibly placed and labled as teleporters. I suppose everyone who is not as brain dead as a zombie can reckognize and use them.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

^This
    ColonialRebel

Towns for the New Map Empty Awesome

Post by ColonialRebel Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Well Blob is right, we need to reform our server activity if we will survive. All hail Nero! All Hail the Admins!

I couldn't be arse'd to respond to you fluffy.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 pm

ColonialRebel wrote:
    I couldn't be arse'd to respond to you fluffy.

Jesus Christ mate, you really need to get over that case of butthurtedness
    Anyways, I'd always used to say no transferring shit over cause thats a BIG unfair advantage (Plus staff/admin/owner would always say no so I thought "no use on beating on a dead horse"
    If their is gonna be build transfers, NEVER make them private (and thankfully, Pat is making them private)
    Though they SHOULD get grief protected...mainly because it would be a shame if some dickwad were to just log on, destroy somewhere filled with 1000s of diamonds, sell half and then give the rest to someone else/alt account.

Though I did like the old/Original spawn...walking through 4 directions seeing massive buildings/shops and shit as you walked out...until you got to the end...yikes

But if this really happening, find some way that they wont ever give someone an advantage OR allow some people to fuck things up
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:19 pm

That's the point, the builds will be for public use and grief protected, yeah the creator could camp there but so could everyone else so it's still a fair game. You wouldn't be able to take the chests over or anything, but it's a nice way to have your hard work be used for everyone to see while still having to start over.
    ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:27 pm

I was always for public works...
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 am

Honestly, no matter how nice something is i get tired of seeing it. Pasting things over is just generally bad, even if nobody benifits from it. A new map should have a new feel to it, not just regurgitating shit from the old map into the new one for the sake of convenience.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 am

I'd rather use old shit than have it be shit >_>. I mean surely if the last map reset was too soon for quite a few people then that stage wouldn't have been reached yet xD.
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 pm

What if we had the people who built the really cool towns build another one....but with creative. That way it may have a similar style, will probably look nice, and is completely fresh!
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 pm

uberblake wrote:What if we had the people who built the really cool towns build another one....but with creative. That way it may have a similar style, will probably look nice, and is completely fresh!

Yus
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Ah yes, that sounds like a good plan, however I still definitely want some towns on there, people like colonial built their towns entirely in survival so they're going to mean a lot more to them than in creative where it's all sandbox (not that things built in creative are meaningless, if my mansion got deleted I'd probably cry). Yeah there's a good chance it would look nicer and we probably should do that (if pat would ever agree to such things), but if there are any towns people bring over I don't want them losing any of their hard work.

However, that being said, any plots being sold in those cities would most likely just go straight to an inactive account. Else that WOULD be unfair.
    ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm

I like that but that would take too long... for some people.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am

Boblobster wrote:Ah yes, that sounds like a good plan, however I still definitely want some towns on there, people like colonial built their towns entirely in survival so they're going to mean a lot more to them than in creative where it's all sandbox (not that things built in creative are meaningless, if my mansion got deleted I'd probably cry). Yeah there's a good chance it would look nicer and we probably should do that (if pat would ever agree to such things), but if there are any towns people bring over I don't want them losing any of their hard work.

However, that being said, any plots being sold in those cities would most likely just go straight to an inactive account. Else that WOULD be unfair.
    The thing is, when you say you don't want them losing their hard work, it's not like they didn't know that we always change maps after a while, if they need to be saved so bad just download/copy and paste them to a new world. A fresh start should be a fresh start, with nothing copied over.
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:21 am

MonstaBoi wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:Ah yes, that sounds like a good plan, however I still definitely want some towns on there, people like colonial built their towns entirely in survival so they're going to mean a lot more to them than in creative where it's all sandbox (not that things built in creative are meaningless, if my mansion got deleted I'd probably cry). Yeah there's a good chance it would look nicer and we probably should do that (if pat would ever agree to such things), but if there are any towns people bring over I don't want them losing any of their hard work.

The thing is, when you say you don't want them losing their hard work, it's not like they didn't know that we always change maps after a while, if they need to be saved so bad just download/copy and paste them to a new world. A fresh start should be a fresh start, with nothing copied over.

Agreed.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 am

Quite a few people left because the last map change was too soon though, so I can imagine it being pretty annoying, and we need more stuff to pretty the place up. 1.5 is nearly here so I've left it far too late to bring up something like this, but it's better than having just the spawn and then empty warp points elsewhere.

That being said you don't really need much for the warp points, just to warp there and bugger off to build. I still want to use colonial's stuff though because it looks bloody lovely.

On another note, if you have any cool ideas of where to put everyone's statues do tell xD.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Boblobster wrote:Quite a few people left because the last map change was too soon though, so I can imagine it being pretty annoying, and we need more stuff to pretty the place up. 1.5 is nearly here so I've left it far too late to bring up something like this, but it's better than having just the spawn and then empty warp points elsewhere.

That being said you don't really need much for the warp points, just to warp there and bugger off to build. I still want to use colonial's stuff though because it looks bloody lovely.

On another note, if you have any cool ideas of where to put everyone's statues do tell xD.

Have a MASSIVE statue of Patrick, and a giant staircase leading to his anus, then when you go inside its a water elevator and if you look out their is all these statues of everyone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:15 pm