Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

Basic Zoning Tutorial

cfortay33
    cfortay33
    In-Game Admin

Basic Zoning Tutorial Empty Basic Zoning Tutorial

Post by cfortay33 Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am

This is the first step in zoning if you are a capable rank. There are many different things to do with /region but this is just the basic first step to get you started.

1. If you don't already have a wand type: //wand (a wooden axe with special abilities)

2. Take your wand and go out to one corner of what you want the zoned square to be

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-013

3. Then however deep you want the zoned area to be (most common is to bedrock) then dig down to that depth and left click on the block below you to set the first point

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-010

4. Then resurface (easiest way to get topside is to /jumpto on the wall until you surface or left click with the compass on the wall until you surface)

5. Go to the opposite corner of the square (or rectangle) that you want to zone

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-015

6. Then the next step can be used using magic carpet (/mc), but I prefer making a stack of dirt or whatever I have on me

7. Build straight up from the corner of the zone by jumping and placing a block below you

8. Build the stack however tall above ground you want your zone to be (most common is to the sky)

8.5. If you want your zone to go to the sky then you keep jumping and replacing blocks under you until you are not able to and anymore blocks

9. Now, right click the block below you to set the second point

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-016

10. Now that you have your two points set you can zone the selected region

11. To zone the selected region type /region define <name of your new zone> <owner1> <owner2> <owner3> <owner4>

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-017

12. Press enter and you should get a confirmation that the zone was just created

Basic Zoning Tutorial 2011-018

Now the only people that should be able to build in the zoned region are the owners you set. Let me know if you have any problems with this. Future topics will be posted on /region commands including how to zone plots within a larger zoned area.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:24 am