Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+5
McPowell
Burnalot
Ninjaplz
Nearbeer
3zeki3l
9 posters

Yeah I need to say this.

3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Yeah I need to say this.  Empty Yeah I need to say this.

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Im tired of everyone looking for loopholes to exploit. It makes my job a lot harder having to deal with things I know shouldnt be happening, but people do it anyways, and they have the argument that its not directly acknowledged in the rules. Its EXTREMELY annoying to find out that people are tping to get coords tping away, tping and stalking to find secret homes, using redstone torches to get into locked houses, using bone meal and saplings to build over walls, and when I try to put a stop to it Im often treated like I like my power too much and Im trying to ruin your fun. But you know what? Im not, im just trying to prevent all this bullcrap from upsetting others for reasons I can understand. Its unfair, and a dick move, and it makes my job as ONLY active staff member, (excluding Ninja since hes going to college) a hell of a lot harder.

Im tired of this, Just STOP.

/endrant
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Yeah I need to say this.  Empty Re: Yeah I need to say this.

Post by Nearbeer Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I think it's mostly because a lack of good pvp on this server. All of us pvp'ers don't want to just fuck off and find another server but play on the one we already know. It's not fun when someone's place obviously looks like a fort and you can't do a damn bit of pvp about it. Me and crank were craving for pvp and saw zadeth's place as a fun challenge. I think if you want NO pvp whatsoever just seal your place off from the surface.

I understand you are pissed, I admit of doing the sapling thing. It was a dick move. I'm not hiding it, and I'm sorry. I was trolling them when I acted as if it never happened, but I won't lie to the staff.

EDIT: Another way to stop pvp if you want it is for pat to start selling zones NOT for just donators. Have some formula for whatever. Once you own it, you may set pvp off in it. Idk why pat stopped all the worldguard stuff.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:00 pm

I still believe there should be an area devoted for PVP, and there should be an official arena. Many players arent interested in PVP.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:58 pm

There *are* ways to get zones from not donating. A long time ago, we set up a system for getting zoned lots for freeds. I believe the minimum size was 50x50 and that was 5000 freeds, then for each 10x10 more (60x60, 70x70...) it would be another 1k freeds
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Why did zoning come to a halt?

And 3z, That's probably a good idea. Maybe even set a whole new world for it?
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Thats pretty much why I will never accept mod or admin here, unless I get things on "my terms". Cant simply be bothered.
    You should not have to spend time on bs, you should get shit done and fuck anyone who says otherwise 3z.

WARNING Large Rant incoming. Ignore it.

As for zones, ask pat.
    (I know what hes going to say but ill let him tell you Very Happy)

Spoiler:
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:12 am

I'd like to say that a thanks should be in order for me finding loopholes in the rules. The only reason being, would you rather me find the loopholes and then update the rules myself on the forums to cover said loopholes (as i have done a fair amount of wording you cannot deny, even for rules covering exploits that i used) or would you rather some random cunt who's come on to do nothing but troll, but being able to do so at the edge of the rules so his appeal is technically valid just for them to come back and do it again whilst providing no contribution to the server. I bring my fair share to the server; when i'm not pvping i actually help out noobs a lot and they really appreciate it, i have screenshotted some griefing incidents and i build and contribute to the forums on a regular basis, i consider myself staff without the title or commands. So why is it such a bad thing that i find these loopholes to then be covered by the rules, to help prevent them from being used in the future by undesirable players who will not be able to then validly appeal their ban?
    Also, as i've said before, you cannot even _begin_ to claim that using redstone to open lwc locked doors is a loophole, I'm pretty sure that it isn't any exploit of a glitch, as redstone wiring to open doors is a _very_ common game mechanic, AND!! there is also the command to stop people from using redstone on your lwc locked doors. The latter point there is not my fault or problem, if players aren't aware of it. I think Pat should update the /lwc help to provide players with that command and that anyone who ignores it deserves to have it exploited in the exact same way that using public /home commands has been exploited by pvping players. If you think about it, the instances aren't dissimilar

@Burn So you're basically saying that the only way you'd be happy at staff is if you didn't have to deal with the pissy bullshit and the questioning...they're the reasons why I left staff, if you get to staff and don't come across those problems, then i will envy you, good luck with that XD But i still think you should definitely be next staff regardless Razz
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 am

McPowell wrote:
    @Burn So you're basically saying that the only way you'd be happy at staff is if you didn't have to deal with the pissy bullshit and the questioning...they're the reasons why I left staff, if you get to staff and don't come across those problems, then i will envy you, good luck with that XD But i still think you should definitely be next staff regardless Razz

Ain't saying those problems wont occur, I know they always come up as I have been mod on forums, and as game admin in other mmos/games before but at least I had the tools to deal with it in terms of perma bans, timed bans, warnings, mute and doing so without haveing to write a report about it every single time. I never had to "report" or "document" anything unless its out of the ordinary or as in borderline rule brakeing (that does happen on occations no matter what).
    I realy dont know how you lot do it, but to me it seems like theres too much bs than it should be for each time someone finaly gets banned.

Arrow Simply put: let staff do its job as efficent as they see fit and keep the ammount of bs to a min.
    If I am to be mod or admin, thats my demand. Until then, no dice for me being anything but member on this sever. (or posibly banned xD) Razz
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:02 am

seems fair enough, i don't see why every ban has to be reported, i mean you can easily tell when someone comes on the server just to grief and to document 200 griefed blocks seems like a drag and is unnecessary. However where the more regular players start to grief because theyre angry, or just a few blocks are out of place (maybe because of some epic pvp accident perhaps?) then it gets more complicated and then screenies and all that nonsense is more required, but as for obvious griefers and other hackers, i say just let the staff fuck them on out the server without any need to document it or even screenie it, if they then have the cheek to come back, just tell them to fuck off, simple, they're obviously undesirable players. More trust needs to be put into staff members to make the right calls, which, let's be honest, 98% of the time, they do.

BURN FOR PRESID...STAFF...i mean staff Razz
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:10 am

McPowell wrote:seems fair enough, i don't see why every ban has to be reported, i mean you can easily tell when someone comes on the server just to grief and to document 200 griefed blocks seems like a drag and is unnecessary. However where the more regular players start to grief because theyre angry, or just a few blocks are out of place (maybe because of some epic pvp accident perhaps?) then it gets more complicated and then screenies and all that nonsense is more required, but as for obvious griefers and other hackers, i say just let the staff fuck them on out the server without any need to document it or even screenie it, if they then have the cheek to come back, just tell them to fuck off, simple, they're obviously undesirable players. More trust needs to be put into staff members to make the right calls, which, let's be honest, 98% of the time, they do.

BURN FOR PRESID...STAFF...i mean staff Razz

More like, bbq mcpowell for dinner.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:54 am

McPowell wrote:I'd like to say that a thanks should be in order for me finding loopholes in the rules. The only reason being, would you rather me find the loopholes and then update the rules myself on the forums to cover said loopholes (as i have done a fair amount of wording you cannot deny, even for rules covering exploits that i used) or would you rather some random cunt who's come on to do nothing but troll, but being able to do so at the edge of the rules so his appeal is technically valid just for them to come back and do it again whilst providing no contribution to the server. I bring my fair share to the server; when i'm not pvping i actually help out noobs a lot and they really appreciate it, i have screenshotted some griefing incidents and i build and contribute to the forums on a regular basis, i consider myself staff without the title or commands. So why is it such a bad thing that i find these loopholes to then be covered by the rules, to help prevent them from being used in the future by undesirable players who will not be able to then validly appeal their ban?
    Also, as i've said before, you cannot even _begin_ to claim that using redstone to open lwc locked doors is a loophole, I'm pretty sure that it isn't any exploit of a glitch, as redstone wiring to open doors is a _very_ common game mechanic, AND!! there is also the command to stop people from using redstone on your lwc locked doors. The latter point there is not my fault or problem, if players aren't aware of it. I think Pat should update the /lwc help to provide players with that command and that anyone who ignores it deserves to have it exploited in the exact same way that using public /home commands has been exploited by pvping players. If you think about it, the instances aren't dissimilar

I distinctly remember asking you to stop using that a LONG time ago, and you agreed. Then I discover that your still doing it, and when I call you out on it you respond with:

"Yeah i still do it, what are you gonna do about it?"

So maybe I got a bit angry when you said that because both action and statement say to me that "I dont care what you think" and Then you spit at me.

I did say things I shouldnt have but so did you. and I even apologized for it.

for your sake I wont post the picture of your response.

But the thing is, its not the other players faults that they were unaware of the redstone protection command. If you had say, posted this command on the forum instead of keeping it your little secret then I would not have cared.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

it's never been in my best interests to help players with commands they don't ask about, and neither has it been yours, im a sneaky bastard in pvp and im not going to tell them a command that may assist them against me as much as i wont tell them im about to kill them. I also don't recall saying ill stop, but if i did, i dont care, you can't enfore a rule that hasnt been run by pat, and at that stage, it hadn't. and you can go ahead and post your screenies, i regret nothing i said to you, you manipulative bastard with your moral high ground ruse.
    avengexxwin
    avengexxwin

Post by avengexxwin Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 pm

i agree with 3z get a pvp arena
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 pm

McPowell wrote:it's never been in my best interests to help players with commands they don't ask about, and neither has it been yours, im a sneaky bastard in pvp and im not going to tell them a command that may assist them against me as much as i wont tell them im about to kill them. I also don't recall saying ill stop, but if i did, i dont care, you can't enfore a rule that hasnt been run by pat, and at that stage, it hadn't. and you can go ahead and post your screenies, i regret nothing i said to you, you manipulative bastard with your moral high ground ruse.

yeah like none of them even read the forum, so it would have been their fault.

I dont understand how apologizing for what I said is manipulative. But obviously you simply hate me without any real reason.

Yeah I need to say this.  2011-014

Thats not even the worst of it. I just didnt bother to take other pictures.

also rules 9 gives me the right to deal with anything I feel shouldnt be happening any way I want.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:19 pm

yeah yeah, now post the rest of our convo you sly bastard, i wouldnt put it past you that you have it all
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:32 pm

That texture pack... I'm blind.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I already said I said things that I shouldnt have. I did insult you and I apologized, after I apologized I probably said some things but at that point I had the right to.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:07 pm

you waved your dictatorial cock in my face, won the decision, then beat me into the ground with this moral high ground play, how am i supposed to compete with that? except be as big of a cunt back, which is what i am, and intend to continue, doing...
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah I just told you that i was told you were still using redstone torches to open doors. And you said:

"Yeah I still do it, what are you going to do about it?"

You started it, I got angry. So sue me. Also read rule 9. I could warn you if I feel its necessary, I could ban you even. I wont but it doesnt change the fact that I can deal with any problem not listed in the rules how I see fit.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 pm

O O O O O O O O O ... oh i like drawing circles, especially in conversation and arguement O O O O O O O ... if you feel that using a common in game mechanic is exploiting in any way, im not sure i trust your judgement as staff O O O O O O O O O O
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 pm

And you think you deserve to be put on staff again McPowell?
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am

I am staff, just not in game.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm

You don't deserve it if you fuck with 3z so much.. lol
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Skje wrote:You don't deserve it if you fuck with 3z so much.. lol

Hey, he was the one bending me over penetrating me
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm

McPowell wrote:O O O O O O O O O ... oh i like drawing circles, especially in conversation and arguement O O O O O O O ... if you feel that using a common in game mechanic is exploiting in any way, im not sure i trust your judgement as staff O O O O O O O O O O

Lul you have resented me for the longest time.

also Pat agreed with me on it, so I guess his judgement isnt worthy of owning the server.

But you know, people are not supposed to argue with me if I tell them to do anything. If you feel I did something wrong then you shouldve taken it up with Pat instead of Mocking me. Im human too you know. I got angry at you, for legit reasons. I apologized later, to which you responded in a very juvenile manner. Im not trying to "manipulate" you into looking like a prick. You are doing that awwll by yourself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content