Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

4 posters

My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server

Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server Empty My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 am

So I'm on my laptop... and minecraft will start, but it won't connect to any servers. I tried freedsuniverse.dyndns.org and orcworm.co.uk and both give me a timeout on connect error... anyone know what's up?
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server Empty Re: My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server

Post by FERMIS Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:33 am

simple question, you can connect to the web and what not correct? I am assuming you were on it for this post. Check your firewall to see if its all like I can't let you do that. If its not the firewall I would turn to google.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server Empty Re: My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server

Post by mcuser12 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am

My Minecraft won't Connect to Any Server Captur10
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am

Trolololololololo and a definate win.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:57 am

yeah I have internet on my laptop. I've been on the server before on my laptop on the internet I'm on now.... idk

*update*
    If I put the ip as freedsuniverse.dyndns.org, it will try connecting then fail to connect to the server and "connection timed out: connect"
    If I put the ip as freedsuniverse.dyndns.com, it knows right away that it's not a real host and will fail to connect to the server and "unknown host 'freedsuniverse.dyndns.com'"

so it knows that the server is there... just doesn't wanna connect
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard
    Forum Moderator

Post by Rang3ramhard Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Check your firewall trololololol
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 pm

no firewall

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:52 pm