Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
Skje
Ninjaplz
3zeki3l
7 posters

Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz

3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz Empty Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Get quakelive, its free and you play it on your browser. Ill gladly kick all your asses as I did to MGPointz Very Happy

Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz Mg_vs_10
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz Empty Re: Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Youre so cool. You can beat noobs at games. I might get this when I get off of work
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz Empty Re: Quake Live, plus aftermath of my match with MGPointz

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 pm

LOL well its not that big of an accomplishment sure, but he seemed pretty confident he could at least get a kill. Mcpowell was supposed to fight me, but hes online and not accepting my friend invite.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Me him and Burn are busy playing terraria 3z
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 pm

ah, terreria, whats that cost anyways?
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

I could kick your ass in CS:S... but I'mma dl that shit now
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Probably, unfortunately ive never played CSS before, however once I improve my comp Ill try to get it. See. Im aware I can beat any new guy in quake, but Im not so confident with games I havent played before, unlike a lot of the people who try to beat me in quake.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:24 pm

k. When do you want to play?
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

soon hopefully, but I cant guarantee I can do it today, if your ready we can try now.

EDIT: i added you Ninjaplz
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

haha okay. let me get used to it really fast
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:59 pm

I see you fought crash, well anyway check ur friend invite page. I sent you one.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Terraria is 10$ and its better than MC atm
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 am

yeah this game kinda sucks
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 am

Quake?
    *bwarfs*
    Aint touching that, sorry. (overplayed it more than 10 years ago)
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah. I played Quake II. Fun shit... this? not so much...
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 pm

You just have no idea how to play, movement, strafing, aim, and reaction time are major parts of it. BTW all quake games are diff, that's why there's still a quakecon every year in Texas after 14 years. Its hard as hell yes, but once you learn how to play its epic.

Heres a vid of people who arent even semipro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKs6myXmRr0

EDIT: wait a minute, you havent even played ANY matches yet.. How can you possibly give a real thought out opinion after fighting the EASIEST Bot in the game? I respect what Burn said, but your opinion is rendered invalid.

Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:54 am

Last time I played quake I had the worst experience in my life xD It was like everyone had just taking some crack and were just zooming around, you spawn you die repeat until you rip your on face off Razz. It looks to me like all you gotta do is learn the spawns/locations of a map and with your rocket launcher fire at points where they spawn and run around jump strafing going mental. I would give this game a second look but it'll be like halo unless your familiar with all the tricks and stuff your gonna get your ass kicked.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah, one has to learn to strafe jump and collect, time and predict in quake, not like other first person shooters by far. Thats why I was able to beat MG so easily.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

I play CS:S... there is jumping/strafing/aiming/moving and whatever else... there's a reason this is free and CS:S has a *small* price
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Its a small version of Quake 3 that id has as a side project. Not something they put all that much time into because they dont have the resources.

Not to mention that the gameplay in quake 3 is massively diff from CSS.

(Quake 3 is still available over steam, and there is still a quakecon with Quake Live tournaments.)

You still seem to be reluctant to fight me.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm not going to play that game anymore because it pretty much sucks... and QuakeII was fun for the storyline gameplay....
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Dude, you fought the EASIEST bot in the entire game. You cant possibly judge the game based off of that. You havent even scratched the surface. I bet you just lost against it too, and your afraid... Razz

By your logic I can say that CSS is slow, and dull, all it takes is a bit of aim to win.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm

lol I beat the computer both times I played it. and no. CSS takes skill
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

So does Quake, fight me and I will show you. Also, you killed it twice? ooooo nice bro, you realize that its the easiest bot in the game? It actually starts playing easier when it starts beating you. Give the game a fair chance, and maybe Ill lay off. But you seemed pretty sure youd be able to join up and beat me, and now your like: "ew! this game sucks! I no play no more!" despite it being one of the best First person shooters of all time. You look scared as hell to me.

You realize Cod, probably CSS and most FPS are based off of the Q3 engine?

I wouldnt be like this if you werent judging the game off of your own silly biases. Its an amazing game that takes major skill, you just say it sucks because you cant just try it and win your first game..
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:23 pm

CSS is very loosely based off of the Quake Engine. The Gold Source Engine was based off of the Quake Engine, and then The Source Engine was derived from that. and with each step, the engine got better.

And I was kicking the computers ass like 12-1 and then it started making it harder.

And just think of the logistics of it. A game that you have to pay for that runs by itself (not in a browser) is and should be better than a free game you run in your browser

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:10 am