Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+4
FERMIS
Burnalot
Skje
McPowell
8 posters

Reasons for resigning admin

McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Reasons for resigning admin Empty Reasons for resigning admin

Post by McPowell Sun May 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Due to a few people being interested, i decided to post this here too, i posted this about a week ago about why i gave up my admin and other things to consider around the topic...

'Since I have given up the role of admin on this server, there is an empty void now of where an admin should be, therefore it is my opinion that this role should be filled with one of the current users on the server. Of course this is not my call to make as i should have no say in the finer points of goings on in the server being just a member now, but i thought that this was necessary.

I gave up admin for many reasons, one of which was to make assessments as to how people felt about me being in such a position without much justification for being there. Since i have stepped down from admin, people's reactions (or lack of) have told me what they thought about me as an admin, I'm just the kind of person who likes to know he's welcome or appreciated given a certain title, especially if it places me above others in a specific hierarchy.

Stepping down has also given the server a chance to place a user better suited to the role of admin than myself, possibly the moderators of the server or even a member who's proved themselves especially worthy (FERMIS would be an example of a strong candidate). I am willing to step up and take the admin back myself if I know that that is what both Patrick and Cfortay think is best, however, as already implied, if they believe there is a better suited candidate than myself, then i implore that you do what is best for the server, and not what is best for my 'feelings' or whatever else may influence your decision.

There is one condition that i must insist on if I am to become admin once more. Recently you removed //set from admins. You first said it was due to abuse, Pat, which i own up to (though not in any excessive or extortionate way) then you said admins don't need the command, two completely different reasons that should have two completely different approaches. You were to remove the /region and /warp commands also due to admin abuse which i again own up to, yet it is of my opinion that these commands are needed by admins of the server. People who are responsible should have these commands and help better the server. I stopped you removing these commands due to the blatant fact that they are needed by more than one person as one can't do the job of many (cfortay to take charge of all regioning issues). So, my condition is if you want to remove commands that are 'not needed', post the idea via the forums with the insight and input of all other users and weigh up the arguments before making a decision. But, if you want to remove a command due to 'admin abuse' yet it is in fact needed or would be very helpful for admins to have, then punish the user(s) abusing this command. Warn them, then if possible, remove the command in question from that user, or demote them and then find more suitable admins who will not abuse the command.

Even if i am not to become admin, i highly insist on the idea in the previous paragraph as your motives made little sense to me on that particular day.

Peace... '
    Skje
    Skje

Reasons for resigning admin Empty Re: Reasons for resigning admin

Post by Skje Mon May 23, 2011 7:14 am

Copy/pasted much from the mod forum >.>
    You were teh pr0est admin though.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Ugh.
    Powell, Shut up and get back to the admin box already. Clearly your adminess is reaking and you didnt do a bad job at admin. Ofc it just my opnion.

Second.
    As to my experience on this server, anyone above mod are "assholes" and all of em abuse their position one way or another.
    It's what anyone would do. Realy, there has to be some perks or the job simply aint worth doing as nobody today works for free (unless yer a bum or a hippey).
    Moding or admining is a pissant job to do because you always get more spanks and hardly any praises, and its fairly easy to get burnt out without "a carrot at the end of the stick".

If you aint going back to admin. I think 3zekiel or Fermis are good options (as it seems they are less corrupted than the rest D:)

Also.
    Ill burn you Powell. Just wait and see Very Happy
    /rant
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Mon May 23, 2011 1:08 pm

i think burn should be the Primeminister for my country...only then, will i achieve true happiness :')
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Mon May 23, 2011 1:09 pm

I think McPowell has a few valid points about commands. Just a question. Were admins warned before they lost we, warps, and whatever else they lost?
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon May 23, 2011 2:08 pm

McPowell wrote:i think burn should be the Primeminister for my country...only then, will i achieve true happiness :')

I settle for nothing less than Ruler of Earth!

Ill have my meds naos.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Yeah, I had been meaning to take away we for months, I just never could be bothered to mess with permissions.

Warps I took away because we were going with railroad, which seems to be a problem now...

Also, if you're just looking for perks when doing something good, then you shouldn't be mod+. Very Happy
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Mon May 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Quite frankly i still dont see why your making such a big deal out of this. A new admin/mod isnt even needed right now. BTW Burn how are things goin? gonna be online much lately?
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Mcpowell is being an attention whore....
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon May 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Ninja go build a massive cobble tower again (seriously, you havent built anything in months D:)
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon May 23, 2011 6:12 pm

yeah. I just beat Fable III... I just gotta find all the silver keys (only 10 left) and the rest of the books (11 left)...
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Tue May 24, 2011 8:36 am

What about the gnomes you can't leave the gnomes out in the wilderness D:
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Tue May 24, 2011 8:54 am

WARNING...TROLL ALERT....NINJAPLZ...TROLL ALERT....WARNING

Please make comments that make some relevant connection to the forum...regardless of what you may think of the person in question, please do not send comments that may lead to conflict...its just not cool -_- i can handle criticisms, but making ridiculous comments regardless of truth to them are unecessary...
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Tue May 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Lol... you posted the same thread in two different parts of the forum....

and @Jberry: the gnomes were easy and already all collected
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Tue May 24, 2011 1:27 pm

if you bothered to read the first line of this particular post...that is explained...and if im not mistaken, its a fairly justified reason -_- i wasnt going to bother typing up a different post explaing why ive stepped down, and many people were asking why i wasn't admin any more...it _was_ in the mod forums ya know...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:30 pm