Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+18
bunnyman5
FERMIS
Nearbeer
Burnalot
Lorecraft
Kukurin56
Grintendo.
lolyounoob1
PureCraft
mcuser12
Bubba_rocks
thefluffyswan
ColonialRebel
Yarwood
John_Axe
Musiciscool
Boblobster
Coopdawg
22 posters

New Map?

Poll

New Map?

[ 24 ]
    New Map? Bar_left71%New Map? Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 10 ]
    New Map? Bar_left29%New Map? Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 34
    Coopdawg
    Coopdawg

New Map? Empty New Map?

Post by Coopdawg Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 am

So with all the events that have happened in the past couple of months. I believe it is time for a new map. Many people I have spoken with agree that now that the server merged it does not really feel right to keep the same old orcworm map. We need a new map that suits both player bases.

Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

New Map? Empty Re: New Map?

Post by Boblobster Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am

Pat gave me the map download to the staff 'fuck about' place from before, so I'll probs finish the spawn me and Dan started for it, if Dan can get on with hamachi atleast >_> dat Welsh net
    Musiciscool
    Musiciscool

Post by Musiciscool Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Will we lost all our items? Not our buildings, the actual items we have
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:40 pm

I dunno, doubt anything will happen until 1.5
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 am

Musiciscool wrote:Will we lost all our items? Not our buildings, the actual items we have

Each time there was map reset, we lost our money and items. (and builds ofc)
    Yarwood

Post by Yarwood Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 am

i voted yes i wud enjoy this
    ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Please if we reset, i want to move my fort and ships cause i have put in days worth of effort into it and... I dont want to loose it in vain.... Please pat, if i come on when you come on tele to me and see why, I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 am

ColonialRebel wrote:Please if we reset, i want to move my fort and ships cause i have put in days worth of effort into it and... I dont want to loose it in vain.... Please pat, if i come on when you come on tele to me and see why, I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

We will all lost our days of work, you won't be the only one.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm

ColonialRebel wrote:Please if we reset, i want to move my fort and ships cause i have put in days worth of effort into it and... I dont want to loose it in vain.... Please pat, if i come on when you come on tele to me and see why, I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, aren't you special? Because it appears that ONLY you put in any work into your builds. You know what, you'll be the only one who gets their shit transferred over. But it'll take too much time to make a new spawn, so we'll just //paste the old spawn there, and just you're building. No, I have an even better idea! We'll make sure NO ONE can break/destroy blocks, and you'll have the only structure in the entire map! Don't mind that 1.5 won't probably come out for a few months, enough time for you to stop caring, let's just go right ahead and do that!
    John_Axe
    John_Axe

Post by John_Axe Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 pm

thefluffyswan wrote:

Oh, aren't you special? Because it appears that ONLY you put in any work into your builds. You know what, you'll be the only one who gets their shit transferred over. But it'll take too much time to make a new spawn, so we'll just //paste the old spawn there, and just you're building. No, I have an even better idea! We'll make sure NO ONE can break/destroy blocks, and you'll have the only structure in the entire map! Don't mind that 1.5 won't probably come out for a few months, enough time for you to stop caring, let's just go right ahead and do that!

Lol he probably gets the point now...
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 am

Yarwood wrote:i voted yes i wud enjoy this
    Funny seeing you here.

Yeah, a new map so that both server can play on a single map is fine by me.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am

Fixed with a new economy and different way of obtaining money of course.
    ColonialRebel

Post by ColonialRebel Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm

thefluffyswan wrote:

And you are to criticize me?
    Maybe we could work with pat to move each major build into the new server in appropriate places. Let's admit it, orc's map was but a few months old and has yet to achieve full potential. Point being we need to negotiate with pat to move our things with mc editor to a new map where we can continue to add to towns, cities, ships, and other sorts of builds that we started and want to continue. Fluffy, I am not a D*ck, so don't think I said what i said above in selfishness.
    Goodday
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Due to the proximity of the last map reset, there will not be a new world until at least 1.5.
    There will only be one normal world next time.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

lets be honest though, not as if you put in any effort into it...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Boblobster wrote:lets be honest though, not as if you put in any effort into it...
    That statement couldn't be any further from the truth, but okay.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm

You imply that you are not a lazy fuck.
    Thats not the case tho.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm

What was it you did that required so much effort then? Enlighten us.

I know for sure it wasn't the econ change we asked for, or a work around to the ender chest thing being able to move from worlds so that people couldn't take everything over. Hell you didn't even give us any time after making decisions to actually finish (or start) anything:

PatrickFreed wrote:screw it, new map is opening with item transfers.
    (That was in one of the many threads we were discussing everything in).

You could say that you reset the Freed count, but considering the lovely Yarwood did that in like 4 seconds... I hardly think that counts, as we wanted a change of economy style altogether, not just a reset.

I mean you spawned in the middle of the ocean, and rather than find an island to set up spawn you just made one right there... oh and you still haven't fixed death messages, and that was from way before the map change.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Boblobster wrote:What was it you did that required so much effort then? Enlighten us.

I know for sure it wasn't the econ change we asked for, or a work around to the ender chest thing being able to move from worlds so that people couldn't take everything over. Hell you didn't even give us any time after making decisions to actually finish (or start) anything:

PatrickFreed wrote:screw it, new map is opening with item transfers.
    (That was in one of the many threads we were discussing everything in).

You could say that you reset the Freed count, but considering the lovely Yarwood did that in like 4 seconds... I hardly think that counts, as we wanted a change of economy style altogether, not just a reset.

I mean you spawned in the middle of the ocean, and rather than find an island to set up spawn you just made one right there... oh and you still haven't fixed death messages, and that was from way before the map change.

New Map? 592186_237869799647879_368183326_n
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

ColonialRebel wrote:
    thefluffyswan wrote:

And you are to criticize me?
    Maybe we could work with pat to move each major build into the new server in appropriate places. Let's admit it, orc's map was but a few months old and has yet to achieve full potential. Point being we need to negotiate with pat to move our things with mc editor to a new map where we can continue to add to towns, cities, ships, and other sorts of builds that we started and want to continue. Fluffy, I am not a D*ck, so don't think I said what i said above in selfishness.
    Goodday

I hope you realize I was "trolling" you
    But yes, the map is quite new (actually a fact), and is far from full potential. And yet, how do we even know what full potential on that map was? Hell, you might have been the only one who really played on that map and actually tried to build something. I am more in favor of an entirely new map, but if we were to transfer things over, I think it should be things that give no one an advantage, like a new spawn, shops, some towns like you said, or hell, even some landmarks would be nice. But I highly DOUBT that pat would give some buttholes he hardly knows about, with their only background being "they've been on orcworm for awhile" would allow us to have things like //we or even have a part in helping/transferring/remodeling the server. However, unless you could somehow convince Pat to this, I would be willing to work on this.
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Wtf swan, this looks like a double post :O
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

You're acting as if merging two serves that ran independently of each other for damn near 2 years isn't a difficult thing to do.
    And I did the map thing because discussion was getting nowhere and nobody could come to a sound agreement.

If you would rather play on another server, then I really couldn't care less. I put this out not as a financial thing, but because I feel that I owe it to these people who put so much time into helping me in the past. Prior to the merge, I had taken a loss nearly every single month, including a month where I got $0 in donations.

If you really want to spit the countless hours I've put into this into my face, fine. Do it. Knowing that I put in effort myself and that is all that matters to me.
    Grintendo.

Post by Grintendo. Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Not really quite sure whatever the hell is happening, but at the end of the day Patt did a good (not required of him) deed, and we should be grateful. Swan you're over-reacting about him requesting his builds transferred, who can blame him that's the fun of the game, you put so much effort and have so much fun from it you don't want to see it go...

Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't know about you Pat, but I don't even think I mentioned the server merge, that's irrelevant to the point you're pulling off that the map change was too recent to do another one now.

I don't really care that we might not get the new map until the next update, I just want to be assured that this time the ideas we put forward can be done right, after the piss poor job you did of the last move. If no one can make any sound decisions in the staff after a good few weeks, wait it out, because chances are it is a difficult decision.

It's hardly a smart move for you, someone who doesn't even play on the server, to make the decision yourself in one swift movement (they call it rushing), especially since you did the complete opposite of what was asked in that nothing was changed, and you didn't even let us try again (and still aren't).

The members who play here are the one's paying for the server, so if they want something done it should be done. Just because you may have put in loads of effort at the start doesn't mean you can slack now. I mean none of these Orcs have any proof of the 'countless hours' you may have put in in the past. Refusing to do something now after nearly 3 quarters agree for it to happen is just selfish, especially since the reason is Freed related and most of these are Orcs, who definitely need a new world with the spawn being destroyed.

Yes the merge is a big thing in this, but a big thing toward a new map. You said that the reason you didn't want to have a map change was because the last one for us was too recent, the merge has nothing to do with it. In other words what you are trying to get across is that just because you put effort into the merge (which we didn't even know was going to happen at the time), you think it counts as an excuse to not put in work now. I don't care how grateful we should be if you're just going to let standards slip from here on out exactly like it did in the past.

So yes Pat, I will spit the countless hours you put into it in your face, because what you did before means shit to what is going on now, most of the people who were around back then aren't even here any more. They were pushed away.

If you can't promise us that you will put in the best of efforts to get this move done, (as well as getting all the major improvements in) right now, then I don't see much of a reason why we (the few remaining staff who still put up with this) should. Maybe these people should find a better server because at least it saves them witnessing a decline (for the second time for those few Freedians still here).

You don't run the server for you, you run it for the players. You took on Orc's server both as a kindness and as another go at having a successful server. This is your second chance at showing you're a good owner, so for God's sake pick up your game and act like one.

Not having a map change because the last one (which was poorly done) was too recent is a terrible excuse, seeing as we need a map change now more than ever. Do us the favour of promising us that you will do it, and you will do it properly, so that we can start work on preparing for something that will actually happen.

Good day to you, sir.
    Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Post by Kukurin56 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Face it, destruction and recreation is the way of the world, here and in real life; the cycle of life if you will. I was on Orcworm when it went from 1.2.5 to 1.3. I understand that what once was must not stand in the way of will will come.

Also, in my opinion, the house I build the second time around was a large improvment. It is good to get a new canvas and see the world anew, along with the building knowledge from the past.

Each reset means our old selves are dying, and we are being reborn in our second lives in the form of map updates. Enjoy being able to see so many words.

Sorry for the philisophical stuff...and probably bad spelling. Anyway, my vote goes to a new map.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:19 pm