Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

5 posters

Creative

Poll

Do you want a world/side server with Creative?

[ 6 ]
    Creative Bar_left50%Creative Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Creative Bar_left17%Creative Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Creative Bar_left0%Creative Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Creative Bar_left33%Creative Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Creative Bar_left0%Creative Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Creative Empty Creative

Post by Boblobster Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

When asked in April whether the server wanted creative the general consensus was yes we did want creative, but it just never got round to happening because it was all a bit waffled up with uncertainty and the fact noone could be bothered back then >_>.

Back to the point, now that servers have merged there's much more people (obv) so there's more of a reason to put in the effort and we'd get more reliable feedback seeing as more people would answer... hopefully.

What my idea would be if this were to be implemented, is have a flat world generated with about, pfft 30 layers of dirt or something so there is some room underneath, then have a 50*50 grid system with zones and all that, then people can apply for them and get ownership of their zone so they can add people to it as they please, maybe have it so you can join some zones up if they need more room (just have proof they actually need the room by starting the build first). I'm a man of quoting sources so I will be honest, I got the idea from a server called ba55ment.org (don't you worry Pat, it's a creative server not an smp so you're safe, that and it's still 1.3).

So yeah, let me know what you think so we can force Pat to do something about a creative map.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Creative Empty Re: Creative

Post by Lorecraft Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 am

Yep, this is good. New Donor perk, "build on the creative map for free". Other than that have particularly high entrance fee. Maybe also a prize for winning a tournament (as proposed in Bob's other post). Lastly just a nice place to keep old builds lying around. Honestly I think that maybe it doesn't even need a buy in system, would make the donation perk more valuable, and there would still be enough opportunities to get a build in by winning a contest.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 am

the creative server at orcworms turned into a random trashpit of redstone creations, and other ugly stuff mixed in with a few good builds. After about 2 weeks or so after it was started it began to die off and most of the time no one was even on it, so I say no.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 am

naa i dont think there should be an entrance fee at all, just have a two layers of staff plots around the centre, then a good few rows reserved for donators then the rest for anyone, so if people build random shit it'd be quite the distance away.

I'd prefer it to be on the same server too, just a different world. There's bound to be plenty of fixes for the ender chest problem an'all.

Obv a plain world instead of a superflat would look shite and disorganised.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:44 am

Ok so we can allow people to go onto the Creative world, but yeah, have a LARGE area for paid entrance only, so that we can separate the random shite and disorganization from serious builds.
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple
    Donator

Post by SergentPineapple Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:56 am

Just cause they donated doesn't mean they'll be serious. I have to say no, going on ciphons point the Orcworm creative server was a shithole and was a waste of space.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Alright, I should also clarify that my proposed area would not be for open building, but for copying an existing build, or, if you have none, you would get a specific sized plot for building. That way this area wouldn't be random madness.

To be completely honest, I don't care how shitty a job orcworm might have done with a creative one, we aren't orcworm, and we can do a better job.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 pm

There's no real downside to having the world there anyway, apart from a slight bit more lag, and quite a few people haver asked for creative in the past. I'd rather open the doors for more people to come to the server, and if their builds look plain shit we can just clear them.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

Would split the server up an lower performance.
    Alternatively you could get a secound server, but that would higher the monthly price.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Nah, it wouldn't really split the server. Creative is only fun if there is a particular good build you want to be working on (which you would probably get a display plot for), or if you are doing redstone work. Other than that, creative gets reaaaaally boring after about 30 minutes. If you are building a fancy build in a display plot (the organized area), then you are making it for the server to see. If you are on reative for redstone work, then you will likely want to actually implement that redstone design where it can actually matter, on the survival server, or in a display plot.

The people who would just rather spend all their time on creative aren't exactly the type that will be contributing to the economics or politics of the server anyways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 pm