Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+2
Lorecraft
Boblobster
6 posters

Tournaments

Poll

Do you want Tournies?

[ 7 ]
    Tournaments Bar_left78%Tournaments Bar_right [78%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Tournaments Bar_left11%Tournaments Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Tournaments Bar_left0%Tournaments Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Tournaments Bar_left11%Tournaments Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Tournaments Bar_left0%Tournaments Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Tournaments Empty Tournaments

Post by Boblobster Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 pm

I've had this Idea for a while now, just never got round to implicating it seeing as before the merge we had like 5 people in total.

What I was thinking of having organised were a few tournaments based around things like spleef, war and last man standing (or 'hunger games' for all you nubs out there). They could be organised in numerous ways an'all, could have an all vs. all in spleef until the last person left wins, or could have a series of 1v1s or team matches. This could work well with things like boxing and archery or whatever too.

Could also have things like parkour races or puzzle races too with a different map for each stage (obv the puzzles would need to change between tournies). Hell, it doesn't even need to be a flat out race to the finish or live the longest, there could be things like building competitions that would be judged by people to win. Maybe not even Minecraft at all for that matter, I wouldn't mind wiping the floor with you all in TF2 or chess or whatever ;P.

Seriously though I think if we managed to implement something like this it'd be a great asset both for keeping new players interested and developing (or breaking down C:<) relationships between player groups. That and it'd be good fun.

As for prizes though, I was thinking maybe set aside some money (if there's any spare) from the donation pot, and maybe get like a $1 entrance fee for some tournies where you could win a game on Steam or something. Obv that would only apply for those ones as making you pay for every tourny would get us nowhere. As for other prizes I dunno, maybe some fun perks for big tournies and some freed/money for small ones, any ideas I'd be open to.

If Pat does agree to the Steam game though I think it would likely only be if people pay the entrance fee xD, not that there's much else to spend the money on...

TL;DR:

Tournies- Spleef
    Survival
    War
    TF2
    Chess (I was serious about that...)
    Boxing
    Archery
    Building
    Parkour (Would need)
    Puzzle (help building)

Arrangement- 1 vs 1 stages
    Team stages
    All vs all

Prizes- Steam Games (With entrance fee)
    Perks
    Money/Diamonds etc.

Any ideas, do tell.

Last edited by Boblobster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Tournaments Empty Re: Tournaments

Post by Lorecraft Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 am

I like it! The cities need a good pastime when in times of peace.

Also, for the prizes, I was thinking something along these lines: Perks sound good, but would obviously get way out of hand, and if the didn't then they would be too small to be important. So, how about when you win a tourny/contest, you gain a pretty good perk (iunno, maybe take some of the donor perks like compass jump or /mc [of course this wouldn't work for donors, so maybe they would just get one from whatever is one above their current donation level])for a period of time. That way one can feel sufficiently rewarded and not break the donation system.

*edit* and I will most definitely take you on in chess *edit*
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:04 am

Good Idea. I like the idea of cities doing this, and have seen it incredibly successful in other servers (they make it a huge deal, and have elaborate arenas for spleef and stuff in every city).
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 am

Boblobster wrote:Chess (I was serious about that...)

challenge accepted.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES FINALLY
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

I should prob make this a poll xD

--------

Done
    Coopdawg
    Coopdawg

Post by Coopdawg Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:55 am

Suggested this before merge and no one listened. But now everyone thinks its a great idea.

Anyways the winner of the tournaments should have the rank [winner] for like a day.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 pm

So yeah, what ones would you like put in first, any game modes i'm up for making. I'll prob to some mad planning on the weekend y'see
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Boblobster wrote:So yeah, what ones would you like put in first, any game modes i'm up for making. I'll prob to some mad planning on the weekend y'see

Do something creative and original

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content