Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
Bubba_rocks
_Brain_Dead_
Nero Darkard
7 posters

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation

Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation Empty Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation

Post by Nero Darkard Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation MaledictumInsania_redo2

Link to the story: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1362/Maledictum-Insania

Since the original thread is gone along with the orcworm forums, I now have to recreated this here.
    I would like to ask all of you to read my book.

I spent a good year developing the plot and another year writing the story.

The plot goes like this:

The land of Equestria has an ancient secret. Most of its subjects have forgotten what truly happened one thousand years ago, when Nightmare Moon tried to conquer the land. The only one who truly still knows of the consequences her rise had is Princes Celestia.

The story begins several years after all seasons of MLP:FIM ended and Celestia is ultimately forced into revealing the land's greatest secret to Twilight and her friends. A mighty and devestating curse called Maledictum Insania, the curse of madness.

Along with this revelation, Celestia sends a creature to the six keepers of harmony, which the ponies only heard faint rumors about and no one really believed they exist. Until now.

This creature shows them the full scale of this curse and guards them with his life, while at the same time, it seems to be following a twisted plan in the background, all in the name of Princess Celestia.

I put a whole lot of effort into it and I would hate to see the story die without any comments on it.

Please, you can trust me, it is a VERY good story. A little warning, though. It it is very, very brutal at times.

I also started on a prequel.

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation MITC_Title_smaller

Link to the story: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/54029/Maledictum-Insania%3A-The-Creation

The Creation tells the tale of how Luna became insane, Nightmare Moon was born and ultimately, how the curse of madness was created.

This as well is a grimdark story and will contain gore. Yet, I hope this does not repel you but rather makes you curious to explore this deep and sinister tale.

It also will be by far not as big in total size as MI was and it is fairly easy to read.

So please, give it a try.

Last edited by Nero Darkard on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 10 times in total
    _Brain_Dead_

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation Empty Re: Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

oh god not again affraid
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation Empty Re: Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation

Post by Nero Darkard Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:oh god not again affraid

Get over your rediciolous fear and enjoy the insanity and violence!
    Seriously dude, I put so much effort into this story.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Since the original threat

Cant really advertise a story when your spelling is wrong in its own advertisement Wink
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Bubba_rocks wrote:Since the original threat

Cant really advertise a story when your spelling is wrong in its own advertisement Wink

Oh im so sorry mr grammar nazi.
    Did I offend your perspectives of written perfection?
    Perhaps my battle axe can sort that problem of yours.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Ill get around to reading it tonight or tomorrow, depending on how my internet is (died last night) and if i can finish my homework
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 am

I realized I gave out far not enough information to really make anyone curious.
    So I updated the original post, adding a little summary of what the story is about.
    Please, feel free to comment.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm

That, or the fact that you never posted any updates on the story or your prequel
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, as you suggested, I put both stories into one topic now.
    I will also start announcing updates for my stories again.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Bravo my boy, bravo!
    Though I think I may be the only one who is really active in this thread besides you...We'll see though
    But for those who haven't check out his stories, their quite good, though they do start off a bit slow, and involve ponies.
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

thefluffyswan wrote:their quite good, though they do start off a bit slow

Well, I guess i should get to the matter much more quickly on Cupcake Factory then.
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Update Time!

Gosh I can't believe how slow I am doing on MI:TC.
    But finally, I found the needed time and words to complete chapter 4.

I think I once more outdid myself in terms of atmosphere and shock.
    Just read it yourself!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Ee-Abeg_BfY4zSAQu9nxP_o-iNGQgn4OvLov6k5HhA/edit
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Update Time!

Alright, now that was a decent timing!
    Here is chapter 5. Prepare for some nightmares!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kDyZL3U7AuQcjguTvF0KZiWFzFKEJ5YBBilivqww4-0/edit
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Update Time!

Well along with the long awaited return of Trixie, I finished another chapter.
    I am very curious to see how this whole Trixie incident will turn out.
    In worst case, I would have to make some heavy adaptions to still stay accurate to the show with MI.

Anyway, here is the chapter:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6zkI24wcAL5XYDccbkwHV5IwjCRVl_7Sg4PvTsd0XQ/edit
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Update Time!

Once again... well looks like this topic isnt quite as hot on this forum as it was on orcworms.
    Never the less, I will keep posting updates here, since a few of you are following my stories.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12R-WgYTh8SBh_zZsyjsoOIpQwxko9hmhlsl0eawNbLs/edit
    Grintendo.

Post by Grintendo. Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm

So this isn't a joke, and you did write a horror story about ponies/unicorns...?
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Grintendo. wrote:So this isn't a joke, and you did write a horror story about ponies/unicorns...?

Nope. Didn't joke. I'm as serious as can be.
    And i did not only write one story.
    Im working on my second as you can see. Its about halfway done.
    By far not an as huge and epic tale as the first one, but adds some interesting info.

Last edited by Nero Darkard on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 am

Grintendo. wrote:So this isn't a joke, and you did write a horror story about ponies/unicorns...?

I have to admit, this made me laugh...hard
    Grintendo.

Post by Grintendo. Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 pm

My god, all along i thought this was a genuine troll...
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Grintendo. wrote:My god, all along i thought this was a genuine troll...

Knowing that this is real now, would you consider reading my stories?
    I assure you they are well written.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I know you love the whole pony thing but you should consider writing with different subject matter (keeping the blood, horror, and gore and shit, seeing as that is your style). I think, if the characters were not colorful horses, people would take the story much more seriously. Just my two cents.
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:I know you love the whole pony thing but you should consider writing with different subject matter (keeping the blood, horror, and gore and shit, seeing as that is your style). I think, if the characters were not colorful horses, people would take the story much more seriously. Just my two cents.

I am a story teller and creativity is one of my great talents.
    I think up stories all the time.
    Just for now, I aim to the brony audience.
    The Maledictum Insania legends are the first I ever wrote and am still writing.
    More will follow one day, but for now, I need to write down the whole legend to get it out of my head.
    If you were one of those actively watching the cartoon, you would understand that having colorful ponies does not necessarily mean they cant have epic stories too.
    thefluffyswan
    thefluffyswan

Post by thefluffyswan Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Nero Darkard wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:I know you love the whole pony thing but you should consider writing with different subject matter (keeping the blood, horror, and gore and shit, seeing as that is your style). I think, if the characters were not colorful horses, people would take the story much more seriously. Just my two cents.

More will follow one day, but for now, I need to write down the whole legend to get it out of my head.
    If you were one of those actively watching the cartoon, you would understand that having colorful ponies does not necessarily mean they cant have epic stories too.

I say you take Malectium Insaniaanpush it somewhereelse

No but take the story and just humanize it one day = possible money
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 am

thefluffyswan wrote:
    Nero Darkard wrote:

I say you take Malectium Insaniaanpush it somewhereelse

No but take the story and just humanize it one day = possible money

I think precisely the fact that it takes places in the mlp universe and is about ponies is what makes this story so successfull.
    If i humanized it all, it wouldnt work anymore.
    Cant make money out of it either since i would be violating copyright.
    Nero Darkard
    Nero Darkard

Post by Nero Darkard Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Maledictum Insania + Maledictum Insania: The Creation Voteplz

I started a vote on which ending MI2 should be based on.
    For more information, click this link:
    http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/99327/maledictum-insania-2-votes-running

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:18 pm