Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

What Type of Server is Freed's?

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

What Type of Server is Freed's? Empty What Type of Server is Freed's?

Post by Lorecraft Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm

So I guess people have different ideas about this. What type of server do you think Freed's is? I had been under the impression that it was supposed to be a economy based community building server, with towns, cities, shops, roads, general interaction between players. But I guess not? Maybe its supposed to be a pvp server where a bunch of people run around in full diamond enchanted gear and kill each other only to x-ray more diamonds and farm xp and do it all over again. Or maybe its supposed to be an almost-vanilla server, with just homes, and some money to let you feel good when you kill a mob. Or maybe its just a place to have your own little private server with your buddies and ignore everyone else.

So tell me, what type of server is this? Because I would like to know if my suggestions have been going out there pointlessly because the server has different goals than I thought it did.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

What Type of Server is Freed's? Empty Re: What Type of Server is Freed's?

Post by Nearbeer Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

I never thought freeds to be one of those chaotic pvp-grief-allowed servers, rather a server based on economical success, as you said. Though I never got around to seeing a large community based thing view of freeds; you say "like in the older days" but that seems like it'll never happen again, impossible, almost, should it be server goal. More like individual/very small group success. In retrospect, factions was he greatest bond of players I had seen on the server, for some reason it dropped off when towny came around.

I don't know, perhaps I've fallen into the trap other individual freedians have. Community may mean success for freeds itself (Which, I personally think so as of now).

Right now as I see it, freeds is a server with only an upper class. Occasionally we'll battle and get a set of diamond armor, that's as exciting as it gets. It's another pvp server without the chaos or lower class that swarms them, because anyone new is hunted down by the elite members (I do not hide my regrets >.>) and driven away by the hostility. That hostility is because upper class peoples have no reason to accept new members unless they are very kind or just friends, as you depicted in 'your own little private server'. People need reasons to accept others into their groups.

I'm not aware of all of towny's features but it seems like a great bonding tool that solves this problem. I have read most of your suggestions with towny, lore, and agree wholesome. Trade, protection of others by upper class, and towns with plots need to happen. I only think that if this plugin were to be used correctly, problems would be solved (Seclusion, economic imbalance, stuff that freeds has suffered from for a long time). I also think griefing should be allowed if towny were to be implemented, since it would further the incentive that players join a towny upon starting.

Those are my views after lurking for all this time. Hope something of this helps at all.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 am

^That guy also knows his stuff (even if he does troll new players D:)

If grief was allowed we wouldn't have to fix it either Very Happy, however it would make the server look shit outside any spawns or whatever. I'll comment more later but I'mma go get me some pie (and chips)!
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Boblobster wrote:^That guy also knows his stuff (even if he does troll new players D:)

If grief was allowed we wouldn't have to fix it either Very Happy, however it would make the server look shit outside any spawns or whatever. I'll comment more later but I'mma go get me some pie (and chips)!
    You forgot the tea and crumpets
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Naa naa, I had the tea. Crumpets are for supper though D:.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:07 pm