Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

4 posters

how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe

wicked220
    wicked220

how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe Empty how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe

Post by wicked220 Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

theres a lot of confusion about how to revert mineraft to a previous version. after trying a bunch of version switcher programs that didn't work i found something that did.

to begin, you must have minecraft vanilla and updated. in this case, to 1.2

download the minecraft.jar of the version you want from here:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions

in this case we're reverting from 1.2 to 1.1 so we want 1.1 snapshot 12w01a:
    http://assets.minecraft.net/12w01a/minecraft.jar

download it into your .minecraft/bin/ folder to overwrite the existing minecraft.jar
    if you don't know how to find your .minecraft folder, just search %appdata% in windows search and it should be in there.

i'm not claiming this will work for you.. but i am saying that it worked for me the first time when all the version switcher programs did not.
    if you've tried everything else you might as well give this a shot since its easy.
    also i'm not responsible for anything you mess up.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe Empty Re: how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe

Post by Nearbeer Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 pm

well my thread failed. Never used mediafire to upload something before, so oh well. Thanks for covering me :l
    blagooba

how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe Empty Re: how to change your version back so you can play on freeds universe

Post by blagooba Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 am

can you upload the zip link to go back to 1.2.3? i cant figure it out
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:09 pm