Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

4 posters

Donor Flying

Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Donor Flying Empty Donor Flying

Post by Lorecraft Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

So recently we decided to add flying to the list of donor powers. at first that sounded like a sort of good idea, but very quickly it became evident that it should be repealed.

Now, on concept fly would be fine. It's a bit better than /mc and it doesn't glitch a bunch. Its a very helpful tool for the average minecrafter, and good incentive to donate. The problem arises when people inevitably take advantage of it. Thing is, there is no limit to how muh you use it, so a donor need never turn it off from the time they donate, and because it's bundled with god to avoid fall damage from flying, that means that a donor can effectively become completely invulnerable forever. I shouldn't have to point this out, but that is absolutely and completely idiodic. There are so many problems here. The first being that this is a pvp and survival, and nobody should be excluded (minus staff, but that's beaue they often need god and vanish to do their jobs). Another problem occurs if somebody does try to pvp them. As we all know, all donor powers are excluded in pvp. Pvp is initiated as soon as the attacker hits the player who just had fly on so they can walk around godded, and pvp begins with that donor using fly. That should technically be awarded a temp. ban for use of donor powers in pvp. Lastly, 50$ donors now can infringe upon every players privacy with impunity, because they are at no risk at dying. A 50$ donor could tp to a person, and then stick around and follow them into mines, into redstone chambers, into hidden rooms, and the other player couldn't do anything about it.

Now again, I shouldn't really have to give all of those reasons, it should be enough to say that they are completely invulnerable forever on a survival server, but there you go, I gave other reasons too. We should really just let it stay at magic carpet, because any form of flying is a huge advantage over other players, but magic carpet is slow and glitchy enough to balance it out a little bit.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Donor Flying Empty Re: Donor Flying

Post by mcuser12 Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Eh this was my thought but I got the usual "you don't play you can't make decisions like that" line.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Well in the end its good you didn't make the decision. This way we cant blame you and we will know never to try this again (hopefully).
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 am

I belive the reason why it was added was to replace the annoying /MC wich is getting out of date, and geting more options on donations.
    An alternative would be to have a unlimited /fly would be to have a /fly that consumes a resource over time to combat the problem. Seen one or 2 of these plugins around on bukkit.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 am

I blame Ferm, true story D:

If there was a way we did manage to keep flying though, we'd need to have /tpa then. I thought the plan originally was to have damage with flight, but obv not xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:04 am