Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+10
CrankkDatJFel
Ninjaplz
rowanmc19
Nearbeer
mcuser12
FERMIS
Tarsol
Boblobster
ApexDragon
Lorecraft
14 posters

1.3 update stuffs

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

1.3 update stuffs - Page 3 Empty Re: 1.3 update stuffs

Post by FERMIS Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Boblobster wrote:I mean look at rowan's end or Fermis' shit for example. That takes time and effort, and they aren't things you can just simply copy over.

Challenge accepted.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am

You can run 2 worlds/maps with seperate inventory. Meaning that you can effectively change maps and keep stuff on one map seperate from the other.
    Ain't hard. Done it before Wink

FERMIS wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:I mean look at rowan's end or Fermis' shit for example. That takes time and effort, and they aren't things you can just simply copy over.

Challenge accepted.

Im sure it can be done. Smile
    No idea why think it cant be done Razz
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Alright, this multiworld thing seems like a good idea, and sure it would please people who want a fresh start and people who want to keep things the way they are. But is it really a good idea to split our already small userbase in to two separate worlds? And for all the people who stay behind, that would really be shit. They are stuck in a mined out ruin covered map with tons of items that are completely pointless. The only reason to stay behind would be so that they could continue to pointlessly walk around in the builds they have worked on. You can say that this is a good idea because it lets people choose, but when you think about it it just forces people to go to the new world with nothing and sacrifice their builds. The real way to make everyone happy is to take time and effort (yes, i realize nobody wants to take either of those things) and copy some build on to the new map getting rid of chests. This way people can actually USE their builds in 1.3, have their builds have a purpose.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm

The problem with that is though is based off the last two map moves we are awful at copying shit over. Also, even though there would be no chests the builds themselves could contain iron, diamond, lapis blocks etc. The economy needs a complete reset so the less that get through the better. Something to that extent anyway.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Alright, I see you point, I guess my assumption is anyone who built something and cared for it enough to have it copied wouldn't then break it for iron/diamond/gold. Ofc we COULD destroy mineral blocks, but that might be overdoing it....
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:32 pm

ApexDragon wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:I know aye ;P, plus atleast then we'd actually be using multiworld (which will hopefully replace nethrar >_>) rather than just contemplating such things. If you want a 100% fresh start just go into the new world and never ever come back, same horse. No need to remove the hours and hours of work from other people, I mean look at rowan's end or Fermis' shit for example. That takes time and effort, and they aren't things you can just simply copy over.
    But how would we go into the new world? And I personally think there should be the multiple house plugin thing, where you can have /home 1 and /home 2. For the new world, and if you're a Donor you get that plus the Warp. How's that?

I did get rid of all the diamonds you lobster.

.... thatss the whole point of donator warps.. added perks require donating, good as it is

Lore types alot o_o paraphrase broski Razz
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:08 pm

Just an idea i had, if we REALLY want to put the everybody on the server on even terms, how about this: Have everyone on the server who gets the chance put a sign with their username in a line at some designated location. Then we put a chest for eah sign, the chest containing only basic tool and a couple of blocks.

Just sayin, that would REALLY make it even for everyone, even out the economy and whatnot.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

idc about loosing most all items, one chest or double chest would be fine to save, just the copying of builds is the trouble (Wanna bring end city >=} to new map). otherwise i'd start over
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:25 am

Lorecraft wrote:Alright, this multiworld thing seems like a good idea, and sure it would please people who want a fresh start and people who want to keep things the way they are. But is it really a good idea to split our already small userbase in to two separate worlds? And for all the people who stay behind, that would really be shit. They are stuck in a mined out ruin covered map with tons of items that are completely pointless. The only reason to stay behind would be so that they could continue to pointlessly walk around in the builds they have worked on. You can say that this is a good idea because it lets people choose, but when you think about it it just forces people to go to the new world with nothing and sacrifice their builds. The real way to make everyone happy is to take time and effort (yes, i realize nobody wants to take either of those things) and copy some build on to the new map getting rid of chests. This way people can actually USE their builds in 1.3, have their builds have a purpose.
    I see you think all this is easy as 123 boy. I'd love to see you try and take all the time and effort Bob, FERMIS, Pat, and the rest of the server admins and Mods take. I'm not saying this to be Mod or get higher rank, but because I appreciate it. I agree with the chests, but the whole world we have now is some 8k x 8k blocks. Why dont you get X-Ray and spend all your life mining all the Diamonds, Gold, Iron, and Redstone? You say it like it's all easy. I want the 2 worlds, and we're only allowed to bring 1 double chest of stuff, and no more than 1 1/2 stacks of Iron, 32 diamonds, and some tools. [Pick, Sword, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, and Bow and Arrow] And the new map we would all start kind of like the hunger games. We spawn all at once, and run out to make shelter, etc. So, how's about that, Mods and Admins of Freeds?
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am

Getting a lot of people on when the server comes back up from all the copying would be a slight issue. If you really want it I may try to build a hunger games PvP/War arena on the new map.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 am

Yeah I've never actually played survival games but it seems like the shit. I'd gladly help build such a thing.
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 am

Well, most of them suck because they have like 200 players, but if we got it on the server I would help if I could. And as for the new spawn/s, do you mind if I help build 'em?
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am

ApexDragon wrote:I see you think all this is easy as 123 boy. I'd love to see you try and take all the time and effort Bob, FERMIS, Pat, and the rest of the server admins and Mods take. I'm not saying this to be Mod or get higher rank, but because I appreciate it. I agree with the chests, but the whole world we have now is some 8k x 8k blocks. Why dont you get X-Ray and spend all your life mining all the Diamonds, Gold, Iron, and Redstone? You say it like it's all easy. I want the 2 worlds, and we're only allowed to bring 1 double chest of stuff, and no more than 1 1/2 stacks of Iron, 32 diamonds, and some tools. [Pick, Sword, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, and Bow and Arrow] And the new map we would all start kind of like the hunger games. We spawn all at once, and run out to make shelter, etc. So, how's about that, Mods and Admins of Freeds?

Bitch please, I would gladly take the time and effort required to copy things on the server. You obvioudly have abosolutely NO IDEA what i spend most of my time doing, being fiddle with single-player commands, world edit, and now even voxel, on singleplayer, and plan out cities, organization systems, designs, and server ideas on multiplayer. Do not assume that simply because i have never been given the chance to prove myself alongside the moderators that i am incapable of everything they do. Hell, i have even started learning java this summer just so i could know more about minecraft coding and possibly help out with the server in the future. Also the world is approximately 6k by 6k, the border being at +-2999 on all coordinate values. And its not at all like we would be copying the whole world. We would only be copying builds that we considered valuable enough to move. Now, according to Bob, that method just messes up sometimes, and while I'd like to have a go for myself, I am willing to go ahead and put the thought of copying aside, but then i think that there's no need to have two maps as the one with the old world would quickly fall into disuse.

Also, how the hell does x-raying fit into any of this? what does it have to do with copying bits of the map?

Lastly, the double chest of stuff would be a good idea and all, but would leave us to check a whole bunch of double chests to make sure they follow rules. I say we just have everyone put a sign with their name on it in the ground, and then we can go to each sign and put a chest containing the same very basic materials for each person. The idea of getting everyone on-line to start like a hunger games is not only nigh on impossible, but also stupid. Impossible for us to get EVERYONE on the server to come on at once, and stupid to have us run to make shelters as fast as possible, that would encourage building as close to spawn as possible, which was a big problem we had with the previous map, where all of civilization was focussed about 500 blocks around spawn for the first chunk of time.
    platypus
    platypus

Post by platypus Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am

FIrst time ive played single player in a while Razz Well 1.3 is worth it
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am

Lorecraft wrote:The idea of getting everyone on-line to start like a hunger games is not only nigh on impossible, but also stupid. Impossible for us to get EVERYONE on the server to come on at once, and stupid to have us run to make shelters as fast as possible, that would encourage building as close to spawn as possible, which was a big problem we had with the previous map, where all of civilization was focussed about 500 blocks around spawn for the first chunk of time.

Are you drunk by any chance? The survival games thing I (and I assume both Ferm and Apex) had in mind would be like a game mode thing held every now and again like war and spleef, not starting the map like it you baboon...

Lorecraft wrote:Now, according to Bob, that method just messes up sometimes, and while I'd like to have a go for myself, I am willing to go ahead and put the thought of copying aside, but then i think that there's no need to have two maps as the one with the old world would quickly fall into disuse.

There may be no need to have two maps at once, but on the other hand there's no real reason not to. I mean the server can easily handle it, I mean there's two worlds running already (not including end and nether), the second of which is completely useless and we can get rid of, so there's no problem on that front.

As for falling into disuse, I doubt it. The frequent players all have projects on there that they can keep going back to, and I think there is some sort of portal plugin that allows you to make portals between worlds (no pat, the nethrar one is shit as it only goes to one portal), so you could make a town in the new world with a portal to the old. I mean that would be ideal for Ferm's massive empire because then you can still see those things with little effort and can carry on building them with the materials you already have. You wouldn't be able to take things from one world to the other so it's counter productive if anything to copy something over and get rid of the old map because you'd need to regain the material to continue it.

I know there are other things like selling plots to new players, but the economy is bollocked there anyway so you may as well build the plots yourselves and give the plots to newbs with no materials if you want them to be used or to show them off. Plus that'd prob get new players to like you aswell.

Thing's like Rowan's end actually cannot be copied over, because that solely relies on the end portal taking you to that specific spot, unless you switch the actual ends for each world, which would put rowan at both a massive advantage of owning the end a second time, but the disadvantage of not being able to get there without finding the stronghold (there again he is entitled to one). The advantage he has is that noone else has the chance to claim the second end if he just keeps it regardless.

Pretty sure there are other points I haven't raised... I am sure people will point them out.

Last edited by Boblobster on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am

Bob, you obviously didn't read apex's quote . He said specifically that we would start the server that way for 1.3. I would be fine with having a survival games world, in fact i have supported ideas like that for months, so don't you be forgetting.
    ApexDragon
    ApexDragon

Post by ApexDragon Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

When did I say "Start the new map at all at a time, with all the players, and run off and make shelter as quickly as possible"? Bitch you have fun with the your single player. And I meant it in the way Bob said. Get your facts right before you judge their ideas.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am

ApexDragon wrote: And the new map we would all start kind of like the hunger games. We spawn all at once, and run out to make shelter, etc. So, how's about that, Mods and Admins of Freeds?

Get owned bitch. This was on page four near the bottom.
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

I Tp all the time
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

I edited the post, and the way Apex first said it is retarded, I obviously didn't even bother processing the idea.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 am

Alright, i guess its true you could use them as a show off place for you town, I just have always had the view that things should have purpose and a use, not be trophies on a shelf, but thats just me and i forgot not everyone else thinks that =P.
    *edit* just thought though, it might not fall into disuse, you're right, but it might go too far in that direction, all the noobs who don't want to start over will just stay in that world. It could divide our playerbase between two worlds.... now this might not happen, but... idk, the reason i said to hell with the old world is to FORCE everyone to start playing on 1.3 whether they like it or not, so that they don't hang around in their old builds on an old world. if we want a reason for multiworld, there's always a creative map....

Last edited by Lorecraft on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

@CVB image tag in your sig is OP... Try it url in the center of this -> [img][/img]
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Well we have all been waiting for 1.3 so I doubt getting them to play on both won't be a problem for those who are attached to the original world. The only real way the playerbase will be split in two would be if the newbs only stay on the 1.3 world which is what we want if anything. Besides, the playerbase is already split if you think about it with all the different friend groups. If you don't see each other all the time in game anyway, what does it matter that people happen to be in a different world from what it is like now? The only way you'd be flat out separated is if the chats are different.

Forcing people to move on the other hand, that is the thing that will cause problems. So much time has gone into some projects that alot of people would probably be like 'fuck it' and just stop playing altogether or just become incredibly pissed off. We rarely get new players, so causing rage to the current ones is not the right direction to go in at all, especially since we had to ban a few for hacking.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Alright, I see that it may cause some people to rage quit. On the other hand, it might do just the opposite. It might get people to be more involved as they try to rebuild something even better that what they had. It could make all the community we have very active and constructive, put a spark in the economy as people help each other out with building and materials, and develop bonds between different people on the server who help each other out, making the server less divided by these exclusive tribe-like friend circles. Keeping the old map leaves us with a lot of possible scenarios, its hard to tell what result would be achieved. Getting rid of it and just starting new would leave us with a much more clear future, either some people rage quit and the people left over make a great new server with better bonds and a new economy, or nobody ragequits and we make a great new server with better bonds and a new economy. Either way it looks like a solid idea.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Boblobster wrote:Well we have all been waiting for 1.3 so I doubt getting them to play on both won't be a problem for those who are attached to the original world. The only real way the playerbase will be split in two would be if the newbs only stay on the 1.3 world which is what we want if anything. Besides, the playerbase is already split if you think about it with all the different friend groups. If you don't see each other all the time in game anyway, what does it matter that people happen to be in a different world from what it is like now? The only way you'd be flat out separated is if the chats are different.

Forcing people to move on the other hand, that is the thing that will cause problems. So much time has gone into some projects that alot of people would probably be like 'fuck it' and just stop playing altogether or just become incredibly pissed off. We rarely get new players, so causing rage to the current ones is not the right direction to go in at all, especially since we had to ban a few for hacking.

Im always in another world from people Razz ... 90+% of my time is in the end where almost no one is... for now atleast ... [/warp EndCity] Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:32 pm