Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
Nearbeer
Burnalot
Pyrferno
Boblobster
rowanmc19
CrankkDatJFel
10 posters

[Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft

CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

[Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft Empty [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft

Post by CrankkDatJFel Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Visit this thread on the MinecraftForum and comment so I get bumped!!

Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher (MVMS)
    Created by Jared Feldman aka: CrankkDatJFel

About / Info:
    MVMS is a powerful piece of software that allows you to switch between different versions of Minecraft. MVMS can also be used to save Mods you have installed into your .minecraft folder.

This is the first software development project I have done and I am committed to the developtment of this program and I will be taking your suggestions and advice very seriously. Please do not hesitate to reply honestly!

Screenshots:
    [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft MvmsOne
    [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft MvmsTwo
    [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft MvmsThree

How to Use:
    Creating Your Collection Of Profiles
    1. Start with a clean version of the latest Minecraft software.
    2. Save a Mod Profile so you can always revert back to a clean state.
    3. Install desired mods in .minecraft folder as you normally would.
    4. Save a Mod Profile so you can always switch back to these mods as you please.
    5. Load your clean state and repeat steps 3 and 4.

Load a desired Mod Profile
    1. Click on the desired Mod Profile in the list box.
    2. Click Load Mod Profile
    3. Run Minecraft

Download
    minecraftVersionModSwitcher-1.1.0.exe

Version Information:
    - fixed windows XP launch bug
    - cleaned up exact positioning code
    - added tooltips to hover over buttons

- added current profile
    - added load profile
    - added remove profile
    - "MVMSProfiles" folder created in same directory as exe
    - will not run if you do not have minecraft installed
    - added loading screens to tell when copying has finished
    - added check for saving duplicate names
    - more unlisted

Bugs:
    If you find a bug please reply in this thread and make sure you type what you did and if you can make it happen again.
    - No known bugs

Future Updates:
    - Mod Profile Information Screen
    - Launch Minecraft Button

FAQ:
    Q: I found a bug, what do I do?
    A: Please reply in this thread and make sure you type what you did and if you can make it happen again.

Q: Is MVMS distributing past copies of Minecraft?
    A: No, MVMS only works if you have Minecraft installed and only contains Mod Profiles defined by the user.]

Last edited by CrankkDatJFel on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

[Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft Empty Re: [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft

Post by rowanmc19 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

wow. looks like something that shoulda been done long ago.. well done sir
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

[Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft Empty Re: [Win] Minecraft Version/Mod Switcher [1.1.0] For all Versions of Minecraft

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

It says it appears malicious on google chrome, I'm sure it isn't, but people will be discouraged to download it Razz

that and they actually can't click keep unless they go to the downloads page and that is like... looooaaaaddddssss of effort.

As for the actual mod, the shit's awesome, no viruses or anything either for those of you who read it say malicious Very Happy.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:22 pm

my Google chrome said the same thing Bob, because it's a .exe on a unknown site.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah Chrome is hating on it because it doesn't know my website feldmanj.com and it's just some random .exe. But thanks for the feedback guys.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Nice work.
    Altho, I see little use of this on my own account.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Burnalot wrote:Nice work.
    Altho, I see little use of this on my own account.

Thanks,

It started as a project I was doing for myself because I was doing this manually and I had it working in command line. Putting the GUI on top of it was more of a learning experience for me and some people might find use for it.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I got it, very nice. As I said, it's useful for griefing ;D, but also switching to and from those new pee-releases pre-releases* given out.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 am

Nearbeer wrote:I got it, very nice. As I said, it's useful for griefing ;D, but also switching to and from those new pee-releases given out.

It is working for you 100%?
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 pm

CrankkDatJFel wrote:
    Nearbeer wrote:I got it, very nice. As I said, it's useful for griefing ;D, but also switching to and from those new pee-releases given out.

It is working for you 100%?
    Yes, very nicely. Also, pre-releases* not pee-releases...
    Timmylo
    Timmylo

Post by Timmylo Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I may just download this now, I'm having issues downgrading... My title screen clearly says 1.2.2 but its "taking too long to log in" on every bloody server.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:19 pm

the most recent version is 1.2.3 and Pat's is still at 1.1 >_>
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Well 1.2.3 dont mean much when i all happened in about one day Razz
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 pm

You act like like it's my fault we're still on 1.1, I can't magically update every plugin we use...
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Be magic pat! Although I think it will be at least another 2 weeks to a month before update.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 am

UPDATE: 1.1.0
    Fixed a Windows XP bug! YAY!

I updated the forum post so it looks more like MCF.
    I also made a video so you guys can make fun of me.

Please like the video, gimme a comment, subscribe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:50 pm