Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+6
Boblobster
CrankkDatJFel
IITomII
Skje
mcuser12
Jberry
10 posters

Crank banned me for a 'Greif'..

Jberry
    Jberry

Crank banned me for a 'Greif'.. Empty Crank banned me for a 'Greif'..

Post by Jberry Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Firstly I would like to point out the clear fact that this
    island or corner of the entire Minecraft map where me and 8 friends build, is
    completely and pretty much close to impossible to by chance 'compass click' to
    find us. 'Crank there's no way in hell you got to this side of the map where it
    hits the border by chance. If I were online while you decided to build this
    stupid advertisement I would have told you politely that is technically a grief
    on our island and you can't build there.
    Even though the place isn't zoned and you're free to build like 4 blocks away
    from us you're still on this island which we don't let random builds go up for
    the reason of it to keep it's natural look the same principle still applies.
    You cannot build on the island we coherently own. To add 'insult to injury' you
    put a horrible elitist statue of yourself advertising your shops which is quite
    frankly abysmal from a staff member.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Crank banned me for a 'Greif'.. Empty Re: Crank banned me for a 'Greif'..

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 pm

While what he did is dickish, you had no right to grief it. Merely posting this would have gotten it removed.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Well I can justify my means to doing it later by Forum post? If someone plants something and it is technically classed as a greif why not could I take the action on myself it was documented and witnessed.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Well, going by what you knew of the situation, it wasn't grief. Note: what you knew

You knew that Crankk built something near your house, a good 15 blocks away. You *don't* know how he got there, but that's irrelevant. By all definitions, it is not grief until I/the staff decide it is. Crankk/Spoon don't get to decide as they are biased. If it was blatantly grief, by all means fix it. If it is technically not grief, don't touch it until you are given permission.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Personally I want it gone because
    1) He doesn't live in the area.
    2) It's self righteous and isn't a statue of any of us.
    3) We practically built everywhere around that area, which makes it fairly obvious that we more than likely are going to use that land.

If he would of just asked permission to build there like he did with Rowanmc19 two days ago, this whole situation could of been avoided.
    IITomII

Post by IITomII Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Wow, whilst I can see from your view pat that 'its grief' - its ridiculous that a so called staff member is so immature to do that.

We purposely take the time to go extremely far away from ANY builds so that this does not happen, we wanted the area to build around, not to have a propaganda tower built right outside...

The map renders the size of like 8x the world for god sake, go build a shitty statue somewhere else. Causing pointless rivalry, he damn well obviously knew when he was building it we wouldn't like it and it would cause trouble.

An annoying and callow act, I had no problems with Crank..

Its ugly. Move it, delete it, I don't care.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Mkay, from what I can see it is inflammatory building and will be moved.
    IITomII

Post by IITomII Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Thank you.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

You cannot just claim an entire fucking area and call it yours. What I built is 100% legit and the fact that you griefed it makes me want to keep there even more. It is complete bullshit if Pat moves my statue because it is completely within the rules.

I recall a time when Rang3ramhard built his house right in front of Mario City entrence and nothing could be done because it was within the rules.

If someone other than Spoon would have talked to me prior to the grief I would have been civil and moved it, but griefing is not the answer and if it was up to me you'd sta banned for 151 blocks of grief...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Crankk, the cobble wall spoon built around your statue was completely within the rules technically, yet I let you remove it. Why is it such a big deal if I do the same thing for them?
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:26 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:Crankk, the cobble wall spoon built around your statue was completely within the rules technically, yet I let you remove it. Why is it such a big deal if I do the same thing for them?

Because I want to make a point... These kids have no right to flame at me for building a statue in a game where people build shit. These kids should be flamed at for taking it upon themselves to grief and "take care" of the situation themselves.

You grief a mod... what do you think will happen...

What if some random kid walked all the way there and started building... They gonna destroy their shit too? What makes that 8x8 piece of land I built on theres and not mine...

But like I said, if someone OTHER than Spoon would have come up to me and asked me to move it I would have probably done it if they were nice about it. But because of the GRIEF I have no desire to move/remove/delete/cover my statue.

... And Pat you are absolutely correct, what SpoonMe built was legit (although completely douchy) and if you want to re-build the cobble wall around my statue i can play the same game... I have a lot of cobble to wall all their shit in....
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Double Post: I honestly am in awe that you are filing a complaint when you're the one of griefed 151 blocks... You're lucky you're on Pat's good side, because I would keep you banned.

You guys are all being babies over an 8x8 statue that isn't harming anyone. So fuck ya'll, statue removed.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Chill man, it's just an 8x8 statue that isn't harming anyone.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Crank you griefed our area. Just because there's nothing physical where you buildt doesn't mean that land isn't taken, like I said that whole island which you built is shared between us 9 and we coherently own it. I think you're just being childish... a mature staff member :S??

As for filing a complain this was the first thing I should have done last night but I went straight to bed and took the action on myself thinking you might be a bit more mature and wait to ask me why I did it.
    Cyborg
    Cyborg

Post by Cyborg Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:37 pm

if u want to claim land put fences all around what u what to claim or make walls,simple as that Very Happy
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 pm

Skje wrote:

If he would of just asked permission to build there like he did with Rowanmc19 two days ago, this whole situation could of been avoided.

He wanted to build wihin my walls.. just saying... >_>
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:54 pm

I did not grief your area because it is not walled in. I built in an open area. Simple as that. You're the one who griefed. And why would I ask you first why you did it... fact is, you did it! Grief is grief, even if your name is Jberry.
    contractkiller4
    contractkiller4

Post by contractkiller4 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Just my 2 cents, building in someones planned workspace can be very limiting and can ruin the grand plan that they have worked out.

Imagine you want to build a giant city, and plan to first create the central palace. It takes you about a week, and in that week, 4 small ugly houses were built by random people all around your castle. There wouldn't really be any feasible way to complete the epic town you were planning to make. Think of keeping your builds a distance away as good manners.
    Jberry
    Jberry

Post by Jberry Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 pm

contractkiller4 wrote:Just my 2 cents, building in someones planned workspace can be very limiting and can ruin the grand plan that they have worked out.

Imagine you want to build a giant city, and plan to first create the central palace. It takes you about a week, and in that week, 4 small ugly houses were built by random people all around your castle. There wouldn't really be any feasible way to complete the epic town you were planning to make. Think of keeping your builds a distance away as good manners.

This is the exact reason why were in the other corner of minecraft which is pretty much impossible to 'stumble' on it's like 5 blocks from the border and if you read what I have said Crank just because there's nothing 'physical' there doesn't make it open area, part of the reason some area isn't built is to keep that natural form.
    Do you think anyone on this server wants to see your statue advertising yourself from their home window? I'm sure Spoonme told you not too build there aswell..

As your statue seems too have been moved I thankyouor whoever, and I couldn't careless what more you have to add it's invalid and pointless for the servers sake I hope you have abit of respect and don't go around spreading 'Crank the Mighty propaganda'.
    CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 pm

I took it down because your being a bitch and I could give a fuck if people "want" to see my statue. I build what I want.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 pm

CrankkDatJFel wrote:I took it down because your being a bitch and I could give a fuck if people "want" to see my statue. I build what I want.
    Remember, it is a game and the whole reason grief is so bad is because it takes the fun out of it. If your statue is causing them grief, you should care. Now, a statue that is 1 block tall 2,000 blocks away? No, you don't need to care. When it is 50 blocks away in a distant part of the map, you should consider the other people.
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 am

Someone had to drink too many lava buckets that day. Rolling Eyes
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Crankk if I recall correctly when you had that castle (now the market) you ALWAYS complained when anyone built near until they moved, only person really allowed there to build was me (Very Happy) so what you are doing now is pretty damn hypocritical...
    IITomII

Post by IITomII Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Holy shit Crank, you need to take your head out of your arse. I had no problems with you before, but since you've become a mod you seem to be showing true colours...

& you can't just ban a loyal member of the server and expect it to stay permanent when you damn well knew what you were doing was dick-ish, was bound to provoke anger.

But yeah, thats all I have to say.

CrankkDatJFel
    CrankkDatJFel

Post by CrankkDatJFel Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm

@Bob - Yeah I did get upset about people building by me and asked them to leave. I never griefed them though.

@Tom - Sorry to say but this a game filled with people I do not know, so you have a problem with me... cool? And like I said, if you had read my previous posts, I did not expect Jberry to STAY banned, but 151 blocks of grief is bannable (in fact anything over 5 is) so I did my mod duties and banned.

Lock this thread, shit is over with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:58 am