Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+5
Ninjaplz
slasher9876
mcuser12
Skje
Crytek
9 posters

Ban Appeal

Crytek
    Crytek

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 pm

I would like to appeal a ban towards me, where I was accused of using some kind of X-Ray pack or something. This ban was placed by SpoonMe, and I feel that it was misguided.
    The situation was that I was in my mine, doing the usual business of mining haphazardly, when I suddenly got accused of "using Xray", as Spoon said.
    This is some info I found on MCbans.com
    Player Server Reason Issued Ban
    Crytek Freedsuniverse.com xray 2011-10-22 10:07:26 Local

I hope that this ban will be lifted.

~Sincerely, Crytek.
    Skje
    Skje

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Skje Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Ban Appeal 2011-116

You never answered my question all this hole was covered with cobble and it lead straight to diamonds.
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Excuse me? Maybe I didn't notice? (pardon me for asking, but are you norwegian?)
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Skje wrote: You never answered my question all this hole was covered with cobble and it lead straight to diamonds.
    Even though I mine haphazardly, I like it if it's clean.
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes I'm norwegian, and how did you find this diamond hidden in the wall? A lucky turn?
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Skje wrote:Yes I'm norwegian, and how did you find this diamond hidden in the wall? A lucky turn?
    jeg forstår fortsatt ikke hvor du mener det burde ha vært diamanter.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Crytek wrote:
    Skje wrote:Yes I'm norwegian, and how did you find this diamond hidden in the wall? A lucky turn?
    For the record, Spoon isnt actually from norway nor can he speak anything other than English. From what I can gather, you said
    I still dont understand where you mean/think there should have been diamonds

What spoon is saying is that you randomly branched off and found diamonds at the end of that cobble filled tunnel. He's wondering how you knew that the diamonds were there.
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:57 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:
    Crytek wrote:
    For the record, Spoon isnt actually from norway nor can he speak anything other than English. From what I can gather, you said
    I still dont understand where you mean/think there should have been diamonds

What spoon is saying is that you randomly branched off and found diamonds at the end of that cobble filled tunnel. He's wondering how you knew that the diamonds were there.
    I didn't
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes you did.

Ban Appeal 2011-110
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:Yes you did.

-snip-
    [SARCASM RANT]Ok, you got me. I placed cobblestone before i mined the diamond.[/SARCASM RANT]
    but still, let's do this in a proper way. I would like to see all your evidence against me. Anything you have.
    slasher9876

Post by slasher9876 Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:58 pm

listen crytek is a great friend of mine and i now for a FACT that he does not use xray mods or texturepacks (it takes the fun of mining and hate people that do)

he barely uses mods. he actually uninstalled the last mods he used for a custom map he deleted just to play on your server the last mod he had on a server was a better water mod and it was only made to make water look better this moderator came too quick to decide that this was an x-rayer i am a moderator on another well known server and i know that just cause he found diamond does not mean he is an xray hacker

personal note to owner : YOUR STAFF ARE PARANOID not everyone who finds diamond is a xry modder

also if you choose that you do not want to unban him atleast make it a server ban not mcbans ban as this is a false accusation with little to no evidence

i am not going to ever play on your server again as i do not need false accusations on my record.

and also i hope you enjoy bad rep cause servers who falsely ban players like this loose rep quickly.

yours will be gone faster than lightning like this!
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi slasher9876, I have been an admin on this server since it started. We do not ban everyone that hits diamond. We go invisible and follow the person until we are confident that they are xraying, and THEN we ban.

What is the problem with being paranoid? Would you rather you go on a server and the staff is apathetic, crime on the server would run rampant. Having a staff that is diligent means that we ban trash from the server.

I was not involved with this ban, but the screenshot shows that you did break the diamond there and replace it with cobblestone. Most random tunnels don't just randomly lead to Diamond. It is normally planned tunnels with planned paths to Diamond via xray
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

As you can see in the video, he goes down his mine trail and suddenly turns right into a diamond vein.

i am a moderator on another well known server and i know that just cause he found diamond does not mean he is an xray hacker
    Irrelevant.

personal note to owner : YOUR STAFF ARE PARANOID not everyone who finds diamond is a xry modder
    True, it wasnt the quantity that alerted us, it was the manner in which he got the diamonds.

also if you choose that you do not want to unban him atleast make it a server ban not mcbans ban as this is a false accusation with little to no evidence
    Refer to video/pictures for evidence.

i am not going to ever play on your server again as i do not need false accusations on my record.
    Bye.

and also i hope you enjoy bad rep cause servers who falsely ban players like this loose rep quickly.

yours will be gone faster than lightning like this!
    Thanks for the warning, but it doesnt apply in this case.
    slasher9876

Post by slasher9876 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm

again if you are now willing to not let him back onto your server make it a serverban cause he does not need a permaban on his record

and did you know that diamond is most common at the 14-16th layer and that i have made 223 diamonds in one day the mods and admins and seen me clear it

the only proof i see here is the fact he seen it in the log and that he banned him and why was he recording at that time?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 pm

You people are thick. I tp'd to where spoon took his screenshot, and recorded a video.

You can clearly see the evidence.

Also, it is possible to 230 diamonds in one day: If you play for 12 hours straight and/or use xray.
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm

I don't know what you are seeing in that video, but all i am seeing is footage of someone placing insta-disappearing Bedrock.
    slasher9876

Post by slasher9876 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:48 pm

people have accused me of xray once then i told em my methods they tryed it and they mined and mined and they gathered more diamond than they ever did before

btw ever go tp to crytek when he was doing this? cause you do get a better idea of what your seeing if you see it happen

look at this point obviously convinced that he xrayed when he didnt so can you make it a serverban and not get mcbans involved cause he does not need bs on his record
    Crytek
    Crytek

Post by Crytek Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Son, I am a point.
    Disappoint*

Last edited by Crytek on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I did tp to Crytek as he was doing it, hence why he was accused in the first place...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Slasher, I think it is nice that you're defending your friend, but you aren't helping his case. Save your time and let him make his own defense.

Now, when I first read the appeal, it looked promising. You used proper english, cited the mcbans ban, and started out generally nice. To be honest, I was going to unban you, but the fact that you keep ignoring the evidence we put through saying 'looks like a bedrock block being placed' makes me want to keep you banned. If you had simply admitted to xray or given some explanation, I would've been inclined to unban you. Obviously, you have have taken a different route, and that is your fault.

I have enough bullshit to work with as it is.

My only message now is "Fuck it", and "I have more important stuff to do".

And with that goes your last chance of getting unbanned. Now, if I were to follow mcbans protocol, I'd issue you a global ban, but I'll be nice and let you off. Remember that and have a nice day.
    Pr0t055
    Pr0t055

Post by Pr0t055 Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:49 pm

All that i can tell (yes i am randomly entering the conversation) is that it seems probable for an x-ray texture pack to have been used due to the fact that it is such a seemingly-random tunnel that just happened to have had diamond at the end of it. Also if you're gonna try to hide a thing like that at least use smooth stone instead of making it obvious by using cobble lol.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:53 pm

A texture pack wouldn't show the diamond, unless it was in cave. This is because all 6 sides are at light level 0 and will not be seen by a user of a texture pack. Texure packs are more handy for finding caves or dungeons than a mod. Mods actually retrieve information of specified blocks and remove all non specified blocks so you can see them perfectly so you can see them anywhere.

Just some random information from a loser griefer.
    spoonikle
    spoonikle

Post by spoonikle Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 am

I looked at the video. the mine dose sort of look random... of course it is odd to skip iron...

unless he was using a very detectable x-ray mod, an x-ray texture pack would have never told him where those diamonds are.

wana stop x-ray's ??? try the anti-Xray mod v0.6.10 for bukkit build 1000

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content