Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

Inception Plot-Hole

Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Inception Plot-Hole Empty Inception Plot-Hole

Post by Ninjaplz Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 pm

As much as I love inception, there are quite a few plot-holes.
    One of the biggest I've noticed, is in the first dream level, when the van is flying off the bridge, there is no gravity for the dreamers in relation to the van (free fall). Since there is no gravity in the van in the first dream level, there is no gravity in the next level down: the second dream level. Okay, that makes sense. But then, when there is no gravity in the second dream level (the hotel scenes), there is MAGICALLY gravity in the next level down: the third dream level (the snow/vault scenes). And if you want to take that even further, there should be no gravity in limbo either....

Fun easter egg... when that chemist dude is driving the van off the bridge, the scene before he hits the bridge barrier, there is a very small shot of the driver flipping the camera (presumed to be the guy shooting at him) off
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Inception Plot-Hole Empty Re: Inception Plot-Hole

Post by mcuser12 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 pm

I read something about that. They said something about how the inner ear wasn't affected so he couldn't tell there was no gravity. Idk though.

Also, link to a youtube video or something with the scene with the driver and the camera?
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 pm

meh inception was prettyful, but the ending was extremely lame.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 am

@pat, after posting this, I went and read some interpretations/plot holes, and I read what you said... but that's bs. Yusuf (the chemist) said in the movie that the sedative wouldn't affect the inner ear, so you could still feel gravity and the kick and fall and whatever... Another plot-hole, is since the feeling of falling wakes you up, the second the van left the bridge, they should have been woken up, not once it hit the water. Same in the opening sequence when they dunk dicaprio into the tub of water, he should have woken up right when he was tilted over and all the water shouldn't have rushed around him in the dream. as for the video... the quality is kinda crappy, but you can see it at 4 seconds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content