Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

Used the server in a vid... here it is

Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Used the server in a vid... here it is Empty Used the server in a vid... here it is

Post by Ninjaplz Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Burnalot

Used the server in a vid... here it is Empty Re: Used the server in a vid... here it is

Post by Burnalot Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:25 am

Here look at this, see if it matches with your output signal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator

Looks monostable to me, at least from what I could see in the vid. (could draw ye a diagram if you would like)

Good job, looks small enough and easy to adjust.
    csrazze1
    csrazze1

Used the server in a vid... here it is Empty Re: Used the server in a vid... here it is

Post by csrazze1 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 am

Nice choice in music Very Happy
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm

it's almost a monostable circuit... that's what I was thinking at first... but a monostable circuit acts like this: the output turns on when the input turns on, but then is turned off after a short delay and stays off while the input is on, then when the input is off, the output still stays off.
    And I read that wiki (from what I understood... my AP Physics teacher didn't teach us electricity too well... he just threw a book at us and said go), and it seems most similar to a monostable vibrator circuit
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 pm

I base my assumption on the output signal as its similar to monostable in its function, you can reverse it but most likely would need to alter the current design. Input can be altered to suit other needs besides this circuit alone and still achieve the same thing: change 0 to 1 for a brief time then change back to 0. (or vice versa).

Would explain it better but its been almost 6 years since I did my degree in electronics. (and I cant find my books lawl).
    Still good job. Seems alot more simplistic than the other options.

Also, your electronic teacher needs to burn.

Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah. it's almost like a double-monostable circuit... or something...

The best way I've been able to explain it on the official MC forums (linked above) is a button controlled by a lever. The way I use it is in devices where I want one or more parts to be constantly on or off depending on which way the lever is switched, but some elements need to pulse, as if controlled by a button.
    Almost like a backwards RS NOR Latch. To my knowledge, an RS NOR Latch is something that stays on after a pluse input (like a button controlling a lever). This is a constant input creating a pulse (a lever controlling a button)
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 am

Lets just call it the NDD gate (Ninjas doomsday device) xD

or just slightly monostable device thingy Razz
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Someone on the official MC forums said it's a double edge-trigger... but I have no idea what that is

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:43 pm