Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

Like really? Really? What happened?

3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Like really? Really? What happened?  Empty Like really? Really? What happened?

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Just went on this morning to find that my house I built in The Demigods territory is gone, I figured another rollback? But no, I used LB and it says that I built it, but its gone. That tells me that it was world edited? I dont know. But quite frankly I am kinda pissed, I used like 4 diamond blocks, 3 iron blocks, a shitton of logs, some colored wool, water, wood planks, and a lot of other stuff, and I rather LIKED it. It was nice. And I want to know where it went...
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Like really? Really? What happened?  Empty Re: Like really? Really? What happened?

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Probably the result of the map going batshit yesterday. I had to rollback certain chunks as the server would crash every time someone walked into them. Show me the base and I'll manually fit it to the log block logs.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Like really? Really? What happened?  Empty Re: Like really? Really? What happened?

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

I think we should remove unused land, and maybe put a bit more of a restriction on how far one can go. Also, when are u going to be online?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

3zeki3l wrote:I think we should remove unused land, and maybe put a bit more of a restriction on how far one can go
    This has nothing to do with the errors. It was a conflict between the AutoSave plugin (yes, they both failed miserably) and the backup script. When I can, I'm going to have the script do saves also so we'll have no issues.
    3zeki3l wrote:Also, when are u going to be online?
    I can go on now, or pretty much any time tonight.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 pm

can u go on now?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Goin on now ;p
    Edit: I'm on, you just got off lol
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 pm

yeah, i waited for about 40 minutes, u never went on.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm

3zeki3l wrote:yeah, i waited for about 40 minutes, u never went on.
    My bad, I'd forgotten that I told you I was going on. I can now if you want to.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Just a thought pat that might save you a fair amount of map corruption problems. A battery back up for the server. They are a little pricy but that extra 30 min or so just may save us from short sudden power failure.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Pat, can you leave me a chest at the place we were at filled with 200 dark logs, 2 stacks of planks, 4 diamond blocks, 3 iron blocks, a stack of fence, 2 glowstone, 10 red wool, 2 stacks of wooden half blocks, 20 stone half blocks, and a stack of glass. Ill rebuild it myself. But at the moment I dont feel like trying to get everything I used manually.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 am

FERMIS wrote:Just a thought pat that might save you a fair amount of map corruption problems. A battery back up for the server. They are a little pricy but that extra 30 min or so just may save us from short sudden power failure.
    Will do after the new parts if the donations come in. Fortunately, I'm lucky enough to be able to leech off my family's crazy upload speed and not deal with monthly costs, allowing the money to go to parts, domains, battery packs, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:49 pm