Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

4 posters

Two Bans Today

cfortay33
    cfortay33
    In-Game Admin

Two Bans Today Empty Two Bans Today

Post by cfortay33 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 pm

This is a copy of my post from the Staff's ban thread that I thought everyone deserved to read.

Today I sadly had to ban 2 people from the server today. Although... the bitches deserved it! First, we have Mr_Crazylord. He literaly came into the server and imediatly started griefing. He distroyed McPowell's property and home as well as doing a total of over 500 blocks of grief damage. So as a result it was a rollback and ban. I doubt he is even going to try to appeal. Second is BlazeyKun. Now his case is a little more complex. He roomed with some minecraft buddies (in MC, not in real life) and plays all the time with Nizon (I forget his full name but it is something like that). Anyway, so Nizon made a large mossy cobble pathway and he reported a grief, so I came to check it out. Once i did I saw that his close friend BlazeyKun did it. Now blazey claimed he shares his account and that it wasnt him, and as a response I told him that anyone could say that and that he had to deal with it if that was the case because we have no way of knowing if that is the truth or if he is just making it up, and hoped that he understood. So I asked Nizon to show me his chest and in it I found, you guessed it, 66 mossy cobble. Because Nizon was his friend and he was the one that was griefed, I asked Nizon if he wanted blazey to get banned or just get an warning (and of coarse explained that 2 warns = ban). So he said warning, and so I warned him. Not but 10 or... maybe 20 minutes later I went to check up on blazey, and he is just pissing of burn by going in his house and messing with shit. Then, 5 or 10 minutes later, there is a DIRT TOWER that goes sideways and down. And this isnt a small dirt tower. So I LBed it and, yep thats right you guessed it, it was blazey! So when I mentioned it he said he had no other way to get off Burn's roof. Now he could of at least tried to make a decent excuse. Not to metion, there are the commands like /spawn or /home to get him off the roof. So I then told him that he could make an appeal on the forums and instructed how to find them. He responded that he wouldn't be coming back, so then burn walked up and killed him. He freaked out and wanted his stuff back. Now, just think about that for a minute... he knows he's about to be banned, he claims he wont make an appeal cause he's not comming back, but then, he freaks out and wants his stuff back... that just doesn't quite add up, so I have a feeling there might be an appeal. Anyway, so thats that; keep an eye out for a new appeal.

Also, if it does come up... thought id just let everyone know, I spelled appeal "appel" when I banned him... oops silent

Full Tags:

Mr_Crazylord
    BlazeyKun

Also, even though my subject says 2 bans today... thats just me... Fermis has been very busy today as well ridding the server of chaos and troublemaking nubs. So lets give some credit to our newest staff member, Fermis, for doin a great job!

Sincerely,

Cfortay33
    Christian Forte
    Burnalot

Two Bans Today Empty Re: Two Bans Today

Post by Burnalot Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Thats why I had him killed, to see his reaction.

Pretty much a airhead.
    +1 Diamond sword for me.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 pm

If his account was being shared by someone else, and that someone else used it to grief, it should be insta ban for having a compromised account that one can use to exploit...shouldnt be any appeal...especially if his 'friend' is using his account to grief
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I can ban the ip if you guys want.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

what would an ip ban do? ban the user, two people on one user (though i doubt it was but still) should always equal a ban if the one griefs...compromised account see...not sure how an ip ban would work for two people with one account (if it was two people)
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 pm

If the person was accessing from a different internet connection I could ban that ip. If it's the same house, it won't do anything.
    cfortay33
    cfortay33
    In-Game Admin

Post by cfortay33 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

pat wtf you talkin about... its the username that was shared not the ip... wtf would banning the ip do other than ban the ip of the person whos username we ALREADY banned... it just wouldnt make sense
    cfortay33
    cfortay33
    In-Game Admin

Post by cfortay33 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Um... no McPowell

(To your first comment)
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 pm

cfortay33 wrote: its the username that was shared not the ip
    Let me dumb it down for you:
    A plays on account x
    B shares account x
    A lives in Maine
    B lives in Florida
    B logs on x and griefs it all to hell
    I ban B's ip, allowing A to use the account.

Now start using some grammar, stop double posting, and get on skype.
    McPowell
    McPowell
    Donator

Post by McPowell Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 am

umm yes, if someone is caught griefing and they 'say' a friend did it, that means two things, either A) They are lying about the grief they did themselves = BAN or B) They have shared their account with someone who has griefed and will likely do it again = BAN, either way, if someone 'says' that they share their account after a griefing incident, there should be no appeal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:10 pm