Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

Why Lwc fails sometimes

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Why Lwc fails sometimes Empty Why Lwc fails sometimes

Post by FERMIS Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 am

I was browsing the bukkit fourms and came across this, so LWC may have an update that makes it fail not as hard.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-minecart-mania-1-2-700-818.388/page-282

@Afforess @ArmEagle

I'm assuming this is actually related to http://leaky.bukkit.org/issues/656 , which I just found out about tonight while tracking to track down an issue in LWC. @Hidendra was able to push a workaround to get LWC working again despite this Bukkit bug, but when I saw the 656 issue I thought of this discussion here. The heart of the issue is that Bukkit returns different values for getBlockTypeIdAt() and getBlockAt(). So one might be returning a Sign while the other is just returning Air.

My "fix" just double-checks that what it got from getBlockAt() is the same as what getBlockTypeIdAt() reported, so effectively works around the Bukkit issue until it's fixed. In truth, since getBlockTypeIdAt() seems to be the more accurate call, this probably means some signs get "skipped" with my changes, but I much prefer that to my server crashing.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Why Lwc fails sometimes Empty Re: Why Lwc fails sometimes

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

While this is true, the server was crashing for them because they were on a later CraftBukkit build. I'm going to stick on 818 probably until 1.7.
    3zeki3l
    3zeki3l
    In-Game Moderator

Post by 3zeki3l Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Just replace lwc with lockette, the sign thing may not be all that popular, but it works, and it can be kinda easier than lwc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:04 pm