Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+2
LuminousMouse
MonstaBoi
6 posters

/tp Back

MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

/tp Back Empty /tp Back

Post by MonstaBoi Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Can we have /tp back? At this point with about 10-15 players making up the entire player base, i think the few that are left are responsible enough to not abuse /tp.
    LuminousMouse
    LuminousMouse

/tp Back Empty Re: /tp Back

Post by LuminousMouse Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Agreed, it's kind of pointless to still have /tpa in effect when it's a pain to the few players we have.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:25 am

i vote no to this i dont want people to be able to tp to me when they want.
    love the tpa and if people are to lazy to type /tpaccept than dont tp at all.
    and i never hear any 1 complain about tpa, tp is only gonna bring abuse back
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 am

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:i vote no to this i dont want people to be able to tp to me when they want.
    then tell them to leave, if they don't, get a staff member. saying bringing tp back will cause abuse is highly unlikley when we have so few players.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    _Brain_Dead_ wrote:i vote no to this i dont want people to be able to tp to me when they want.
    then tell them to leave, if they don't, get a staff member. saying bringing tp back will cause abuse is highly unlikley when we have so few players.

staff member online is rare these days and looking at the people who can tpa its verry likely it will be abused

no reason to bring tp back to risc abuse when tpa works fine and no 1 complains about it
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:

staff member online is rare these days and looking at the people who can tpa its verry likely it will be abused

no reason to bring tp back to risc abuse when tpa works fine and no 1 complains about it
    Plenty of people complain. you're outvoted at this point anyway.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:03 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    _Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:

names?
    and btw how do u even now u are barley/never on
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:
    _Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:

names?
    and btw how do u even now u are barley/never on
    Names? read the thread.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Trust me, youre going to want to have tpa.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:Trust me, youre going to want to have tpa.
    for what reasons?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Donors cannot be trusted. I'm not talking about you but the majority of donors have had their powers taken away at some point due to abuse.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:Donors cannot be trusted. I'm not talking about you but the majority of donors have had their powers taken away at some point due to abuse.
    Could then you give the trusted donors /tp and the rest /tpa? It's kind of a huge slap in the face to the people who never abused it and are then forced to go through this annoying tedious bullshit.
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:Donors cannot be trusted. I'm not talking about you but the majority of donors have had their powers taken away at some point due to abuse.
    Could then you give the trusted donors /tp and the rest /tpa? It's kind of a huge slap in the face to the people who never abused it and are then forced to go through this annoying tedious bullshit.
    why do you want is so badly? is it so hard to wait a few seccond until someon types /tpaccept
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:
    why do you want is so badly? is it so hard to wait a few seccond until someon types /tpaccept
    Why does it matter to you?
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Last edited by _Brain_Dead_ on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    _Brain_Dead_

Post by _Brain_Dead_ Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm

_Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    _Brain_Dead_ wrote:
    MonstaBoi wrote:
    PatrickFreed wrote:Donors
    cannot be trusted. I'm not talking about you but the majority of donors
    have had their powers taken away at some point due to abuse.
    Could
    then you give the trusted donors /tp and the rest /tpa? It's kind of a
    huge slap in the face to the people who never abused it and are then
    forced to go through this annoying tedious bullshit.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:46 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:
    no. thats a pain to maintain and people will complain about not being trusted etc.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Back when it was just Freeds we actually pestered Pat to put /tpa in in the first place... don't make our efforts in vain.

I'd rather a few people spend like 4 seconds extra waiting time and having the tp confirmed rather than have loads of complaints of tp kills and invalid tps and the like. The few people who don't abuse it should technically ask for the teleport in the first place, and that takes up more time to type.

So basically you want to have /tp back so you can abuse it by teleporting people without asking, which is why we got /tpa in the first place... in order to clarify if they want the person to teleport, and it's in fewer characters. That's on top of the fact that it stops tp killing and complaints of falling into lava on tp and all of that malarkey.

I mean even if it's your good friend you surely still have to ask them if it's safe to teleport. It's quicker to type /tp (name) then the question being asked automatically and answered with '/tp accept' or whatever, which is like the same amount of characters as 'yeah sure' (if you press / to open up the chat so the / is already there), and the teleporter types less. Even logic on the amount of characters needed beats the whole wanting removal because it takes longer thing...
    Jarvisd

Post by Jarvisd Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Meh you don't need tp back. Don't we still have /tpac ? I am sure your client records your death coordinates?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Lol no he's asking to receive the command /tp, back. Not the death return command.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:08 am