Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

5 posters

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Empty The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Post by Bubba_rocks Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

So here I am, Looking for a good show to watch. I come across this and think...what a silly name for an anime! I end up watching the first episode...then the next until the whole seasonn is done. For someone that isn't really into Anime like me...For some strange reason I loved it. For those who watched it or are in the middle of watching it is confusing as fuck. But I like it that way. I strongly suggest you take a glance at it. Yes, there are some sketchy parts where they talk about boobs and show some cleavage (Its not ecchi or hentai), but come on...Its about highschool. I honstly wouldn't judge from the first episode...because I really think that it was just a dumb way to attract viewers. Honestly, I like the format of the show and how it is somewhat narrated by Kyon and stuff too. The best part is how its all dubbed!

Here's the first episode:

If you want to watch more the guy that posted this has everything but the movie (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya) and Season 2 episode 9. Its sad that season two kind of ruined the show with the "Endless eight" (You'll know what it is if you watch it) but I don't think that it did too much. I loved the movie and everything after it!

For those who have watched it:

Give it a try! If you liked it post it here!
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Empty Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Bubba_rocks wrote:The best part is how its all dubbed!

Please leave the premises immediately. Thank you.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Boblobster wrote:
    Bubba_rocks wrote:The best part is how its all dubbed!

Please leave the premises immediately. Thank you.

I guess I should put more detail into this. The voice acting is in my opinion pretty good and accurate. If you would rather get it subbed then you can go ahead and watch that but I just personally prefer dubbed anime.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 pm

I am dissapoint...

On to the actual show though, yeah I've watched an ep before and it was really good, just never got round to finishing it. You're also supposed to watch it in a different order to what they show as well or something. I dunno the timelines are all messed up initially but the second release they put it in order or something.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Yep, for those who want the exact order of episodes in chronological order here you go:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (1-6)
    The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
    Mystérique Sign
    Remote Island Syndrome (1-2)
    Endless Eight (1-Cool
    The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (1-5)
    The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
    Live Alive
    The Day of Sagittarius
    Someday in the Rain
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 am

i watched the first season, somewhere in endless 8 i stopped watching, got confused and said "fuck it" and stopped watching it.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:15 pm

MonstaBoi wrote:i watched the first season, somewhere in endless 8 i stopped watching, got confused and said "fuck it" and stopped watching it.

Honestly you could just skip all those episodes for endless eight.

Movie Spoiler:
    Doughnut
    Doughnut

Post by Doughnut Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Dubs are shit. I'd much rather listen to the voices as they were supposed to sound, than listen to some fuckface read it in his mother's basement.
    MonstaBoi
    MonstaBoi

Post by MonstaBoi Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Doughnut wrote:Dubs are shit. I'd much rather listen to the voices as they were supposed to sound, than listen to some fuckface read it in his mother's basement.
    this this this this this this this this. plus, you can learn a bit of japanese.
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Well there are subs and stuff you know...

EDIT: Heres episode 1 of it subbed.

To me, Kyon always sounds constipated in Japanese ;P
    Bubba_rocks
    Bubba_rocks

Post by Bubba_rocks Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 am

So I found a sub-series called Haruhi-chan. I believe its the same voice actors as the actual show. Its just a completely different art style. The series is just hilarious all together. Laughed my ass of at episode 12 Very Happy.

Here's episode 1, To find more episodes they should be on their channels.
    Dub:

Sub:

Couldn't get enough of Haruhi, so why not!

(Also make sure you know this takes place after the movie. Also its ahead of the series by a bit...so if any characters that are new or have come back are here, don't think you missed anything...unless you wanna read a Japenese novel.)
    Kukurin56

Location : Deep inside my mind. Trust me, you don't want to join me.

Post by Kukurin56 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Dubs are shit. I'd much rather listen to the voices as they were supposed to sound, than listen to some fuckface read it in his mother's basement.
    That's not true. Most of the one's that air on Toonami are actually dubbed well. The one's I find online are usually better subbed. Lucky Star (if any of you have seen it) is something I can't stand in dub, true. But I've seen part of FLCL in Japanese, and I like the dubbed better because of it's punk rock style.
    Now then, I just have to address this. You only recently seen Haruhi?? If you are a real otaku, then you've been living under a rock, sorry. I know EVERYONE has at least heard or Bleach, as blown up as it is. Most have seen Inuyasha too, but how many have seen a series Inuyasha's creator made before, called Ranma 1/2? Maybe you like a little mystery? Then why not watch something that none of my otaku friends have even heard of called Dennou Coil. Anyone ever seen Clubbed to Death Angel Dokuro Chan. Something to see if you want to see some like angel girl constantly beat this emerging-pervert boy to death with a spiked bat. And for you closet lolicons, there is one Kodomo no Jikan to make you think about your twice ways! There's also good old well known classics like Cowboy Bepop and Ghost in the Shell. FMA is great, so rare to find truely great anime nowadays. I could just go on, but my otaku rant it over.
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Also, don't know if this need to be said, but, this is in the wrong forum.

Haruhi is better in subs though.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm

How can you have a rant about living under a rock as an otaku, and about what most people have seen or heard of if you don't even mention One Piece or Naruto? xD

I mean even if you don't like them they're still like the biggest.
    Kukurin56

Post by Kukurin56 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

I didn't feel I needed to mention the obvious ones, being popular shonen. EVERYONE has read/watched something from Shonen Jump, so I mentioned some less known shows that aren't shonen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:26 am