Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+3
mcuser12
Boblobster
CVB1234
7 posters

Lag Complaint

CVB1234
    CVB1234

Lag Complaint Empty Lag Complaint

Post by CVB1234 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 am

The old map is creating a bunch of server-lag for me any time on when it may be deleted so I can open Freakin' chests again?
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Lag Complaint Empty Re: Lag Complaint

Post by Boblobster Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:33 am

Dat grammar...
    CVB1234
    CVB1234

Post by CVB1234 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:33 am

Fuck Grammar
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Are you sure your internet isn't screwy?

Everytime I'm on for an extended period the latency is fine and the server is running at a perfect clock. (And yes when I'm on for a while I go from world to world frequently)
    CheeseXman
    CheeseXman

Post by CheeseXman Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

pat i am 100% sure its freeds because i have talked to many people and i have the same problem as do they. Either you cant open chests or wen u open them and take stuff out of them and open ur invitentory it disappears and i know that most people are having this problem because i have seen people complaining about it and asked people about it. Go say its our internet like u do on every lag complaint but we all know its not our internet because other servers work and it is almost everyone on the server who has this problem. It is now than it was about a week ago but i still have lag here and there. just try to fix it or something.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Hmm just went on, I think it is the other world.
    There really isn't a fix to it other than disabling the other world though...

For the record cheese, most of the time it is that specific user's internet, as everyone else didn't experience the lag.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Well, if the new world is causing lag anyways, maybe we could take the opportunity to try again with a server reset. Delete the new world, delete the old world, have a new world with no carry over. I have no idea how easy this would be however. If its possible though, I'll put it out there for consideration.
    Ninjaplz
    In-Game Admin

Post by Ninjaplz Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 am

Lorecraft wrote:Well, if the new world is causing lag anyways, maybe we could take the opportunity to try again with a server reset. Delete the new world, delete the old world, have a new world with no carry over. I have no idea how easy this would be however. If its possible though, I'll put it out there for consideration.

It would be really easy. Remove the old/new map files from the server, delete everyone's player.dat (I think, so item/logout position doesn't roll over) Then just generate a new map
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

Or get multiworld... whatever.

(I don't actually have the foggiest clue why it's better other than nethrar being shit with nether portals and the fact that multiworld is rated alot better, other than that I'm just carrying on Ferm's will...)
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Boblobster wrote:Or get multiworld... whatever.

(I don't actually have the foggiest clue why it's better other than nethrar being shit with nether portals and the fact that multiworld is rated alot better, other than that I'm just carrying on Ferm's will...)
    Multiworld and multiverse are completely different plugins.
    And no, mutiverse would lag equally as much as nethrar does. They don't actually supply the multiworld functionality, that's mc/bukkit, they just handle it/are an interface for it.

This is the kind of thing I am really getting tired of: you don't know what you're talking about but still are insistent that it is my fault/I purposely made it so.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Isn't nethrar the one thing that you actually did purposefully keep though? >_>

Seeing as that's probably the only thing I'm moaning about that I'm not sure of, I think that statement is pretty void...
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:08 am