Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+2
Boblobster
Cyborg
6 posters

im getin griefed...again

Cyborg
    Cyborg

im getin griefed...again Empty im getin griefed...again

Post by Cyborg Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 am

go to /warp dan my whole place is gettin fucked up by a hacker and all my chests are gettin destroyed!!!
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

im getin griefed...again Empty Re: im getin griefed...again

Post by Boblobster Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:02 am

Don't know what the fuck has happened there, there are no logs. It looks as if it's been reset or regenned. Did you (or anyone) have a towny set up there that was reset? That's the only thing I can think of.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Towny derping again. It started to revert it or something because Danielboro went broke. If you need help returning any of it ask the staff, they'll /item or worldedit anything you lost.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Yeah because a good few buildings appear to have magically de-constructed >_>
    Cyborg
    Cyborg

Post by Cyborg Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

will i get all my things back from all my chests because i lost all of my chests
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

D: my floating island reverted Sad .... damn DB haha, knew it was a bad investment...... too bad i got no idea what was in the chests :/
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 pm

.....great.... damn towny...
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

Naa bro, you can't blame towny, you can only blame yourself for not paying the tax ;D.

Also, I set my towny in a flat area of cobbley shit so even if it does get reverted i don't lose much >_>
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Boblobster wrote:Naa bro, you can't blame towny, you can only blame yourself for not paying the tax ;D.

Also, I set my towny in a flat area of cobbley shit so even if it does get reverted i don't lose much >_>

I wish that was true, but Patrick himself said a long time ago he turned off towny's degeneration, he is as big a liar as ever...

Lastly, I couldn't even pay "taxes" on towny because apparently that system was removed from it..
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Pyrferno wrote:
    Boblobster wrote:Naa bro, you can't blame towny, you can only blame yourself for not paying the tax ;D.

I wish that was true, but Patrick himself said a long time ago he turned off towny's degeneration, he is as big a liar as ever...

Lastly, I couldn't even pay "taxes" on towny because apparently that system was removed from it..
    Two things:
    1. I did not lie. I assumed the global config overrides the per world ones but it seems that isn't the case.
    Secondly, I didn't remove the system or turn it off, it was broken. Any money you should have had before it stopped taxing was still in there, along with the upkeep, residents, and taxes.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 am

Well, patrick can you actually fix this stuff, or you just going to blow it off and not fix it?
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 am

>Implying I didn't fix it the day I saw this post
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

PatrickFreed wrote:>Implying I didn't fix it the day I saw this post

Seeing as I logged on today and looked around and Danielboro still looks like how it did 6 months ago, yes, you didn't fix it. As it doesn't look like what it did a few days ago.....
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Well to be fair pat almost everything else took weeks to fix >_>...

Infact I STILL can't promote to member, and I'm fairly sure /help is still fucked and no spamming (or whatever it was) hasn't been added to /rules...

And what about spleef and auctions? Yeah you put them on, great. Haven't got them working mind...
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I think the right to complain should be reserved for people who are actually still active on the server Razz Plus not fair to bitch pat out, some of us have real lives to take care of haha
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Boblobster wrote:Well to be fair pat almost everything else took weeks to fix >_>...

Infact I STILL can't promote to member, and I'm fairly sure /help is still fucked and no spamming (or whatever it was) hasn't been added to /rules...

And what about spleef and auctions? Yeah you put them on, great. Haven't got them working mind...
    Infact you STILL can't promote to member because it is STILL bugged. If you really cared about promoting you'd take the 30 seconds to learn how to use console.
    Help is not fucked as far as I know. I haven't heard anything about it.
    Auctions was bugged last I checked and I gave you all the correct spleef permissions to get it working.

As far as the Towny thing, I turned it off so I don't know what to tell you.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Pyr, the towny money system recently (like a week or two ago) came back online when pat saw that the thing he needed was up-to-date. DB then started to drain away its bank, and since you had a huge land area (more land=more upkeep), and there were pretty much no members in it anymore (no members=no tax income), it drained REALLY fast. So when it went bankrupt it degenerated, because apparently the settings got switched back so it did that again. Pat has since fixed the towny degeneration SETTING, but the damage done while it was still set to degenerate is impossible to fix (except manually, of course). Its unfortunate, but its the way things go.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 pm

That's actually a really good way of putting it.

I know the damage sucks, you can use WE or /item or whatever to get it back. Also, because you lost your town in a really bad way you can have your town back and any money you had in the bank. (If you can't do it via console or just don't want to let me know)

By the way, I remember there was something in the nether you needed fixing, did that ever get attended to?
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:13 pm

PatrickFreed wrote:That's actually a really good way of putting it.

I know the damage sucks, you can use WE or /item or whatever to get it back. Also, because you lost your town in a really bad way you can have your town back and any money you had in the bank. (If you can't do it via console or just don't want to let me know)

By the way, I remember there was something in the nether you needed fixing, did that ever get attended to?

Nope, just fix my town. thats all i want tbh. I'm pretty much done with the server anyways, only gonna be watching to forums and helping people out from time to time.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 pm

It will take quite a bit of time to fix the entire DB area. Plus, someone of your skill and dedication would probably be needed to help. In all honesty, if you want it back you are probably the best person to re-make it. If you are pretty much done with the server and dont want to fix it, or at least help fix it, if you lack the drive to do SOMETHING to help with its restoration, then it will stay pretty much broken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:06 pm