Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

3 posters

banned for stealing

Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

banned for stealing Empty banned for stealing

Post by Nearbeer Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:31 am

turns out a 1 was hiding right by the 4. And it says 14. So, if I stole
    from you, and the only one I know I stole from is catman and fermis, come ask for
    your items back please.... >.>
    Skje
    Skje

banned for stealing Empty Re: banned for stealing

Post by Skje Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 pm

banned for stealing 2012-017

I didn't ban you though, but it you broke the rules haha.
    Nearbeer
    Nearbeer

Post by Nearbeer Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah I know Razz if you read my other thread I mistook the day we could steal. That's why I took from a couple of people.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm

I think you stole this stuff after you posted though or something, I can't tell because the time on my version of the forums is different to the american one, so although it says you posted it on the 5th for me it says the 4th for the rest.

HOWEVER, thinking about it the logs are likely the German time, not American, so those logs must have been made before he made the post. I mean I doubt he'd continue stealing, especially since he asked me if stealing was allowed moments before he made the post, hence why he posted it. (I informed him that it was the 14th not the 4th).

Near may be on the exact boundary of rule breaking, but he would never outright break rules on purpose...
    Skje
    Skje

Post by Skje Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:26 pm

No.. the the times are not german... its the time for whoever built it I think.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Think about it, the logs record the time people do things according to the server, and the server is in Germany where it goes from German time.

Yep I just checked, at 20:52 for me I placed a block, Germany is 1 hour ahead. I checked on the log and it said I placed it at 21:52. From this we can only gather that the logs are in German time.

Now for me it says Near made his post at Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 am British time on the forums. German time this is actually 2:55 am on April 5th, precisely 9 minutes after he stole the things. Why so soon before? Because Near started stealing, but wasn't sure if it was against the rules or not and so within that 9 minutes asked me to make sure. He realised his mistake and so stopped stealing and made a post on forums apologising and explaining why.

Near did nothing wrong other than misread a digit, then even checked with me after a short while whether it was actually alright, when he found out that it wasn't he even offered to give everything he stole back right away and apologised.. He should not be perma banned for this... I'm sure we all know well by now that Near never purposefully willingly and knowingly breaks rules, otherwise he'd have been perma banned alot sooner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:42 am