Freeds Universe Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for FreedsUniverse SMP server.

+4
Boblobster
mcuser12
Pyrferno
FERMIS
8 posters

jobs!

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

jobs! Empty jobs!

Post by FERMIS Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

jobs! Empty Re: jobs!

Post by Pyrferno Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:03 pm

AGREES 100% WITH FERMIS. ME GUSTA.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

I like this as a replacement for mob killing for money. Mob farms kind of make freed irrelevant at the moment.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Nooo, mob grinders would never do such a thing as make freed a worthless currency. Silly Pat, thinking he knows about the economy...
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:00 pm

tbh, both of these methods should exist, Mob Grinders do devalue currency, they ALSO take a IQ to build them. (when I speak of this I'm refering to guest.) I only know of ONE GUEST that has built a mob farmer, Proxema. And several members have built grinders. And all the moderators have 1 grinder, for a fact. Point and case, these things take resources and IQ's to build them and because of that it doesn't devalue freeds, It actually raises the cost of living, because there is More money in the system, this is a good thing.

However because some people lack IQ they don't really have a way to get any freeds, which makes shops kindof hard to make more cash off of then say, a mob grinder. If everyone had a way to obtain more freeds it would result in a much better economy all around. Lastly, what about people that don't really like to sit and farm all day, but rather build massive structures with their large amount of blocks they farmed, I deffiantly think they deserve compensation for improving the quality of the server by their structures they build. lastly, on the "could this be abused" Yes it could by people just making "block farms." However even if this happens they are still using their Durability.

TL:DR: I think this should be added, it would help make the economy stronger, by raising freed costs higher.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:46 pm

You should also add the paid to mine thing i posted a while back Razz.. that would help newbs... sorry *guests* raise some money.. after all... no money = no buying items = shops are worethless .... just sayin
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm

why not keep both pat =p stronger eco = more fun.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I think I'll add this jobs thing and just reduce the mob farming payouts.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 pm

In case anyone wants to know more.. this guys makes really good videos.

The first 9 minutes are rather irrelevant since we arent tasked with installing this, but if you guys wanna see in game usage, that starts about 9 mins 30 sec in the video.

FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:57 am

reduce mobs by 25% and add jobs.
    Pyrferno
    Pyrferno

Post by Pyrferno Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:11 am

FERMIS wrote:reduce mobs by 25% and add jobs.

This solution.
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 am

Increase mobs by 25%* they'll be robbing our hard earned cash now ;D
    Burnalot

Post by Burnalot Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

how about this
    Wink
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Burnalot wrote:how about this
    Wink
    How about this?! Mad
    Boblobster
    Boblobster
    In-Game Admin

Post by Boblobster Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:08 pm

I am liking these ideas Very Happy
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm

not a fan of this. More ppl complaining and I don't like hearing give me my stuff for 10 minunets.
    rowanmc19
    rowanmc19

Post by rowanmc19 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:07 pm

not a fan either.... all it takes is someone like nearbeer getting on an killing you for hours to cause mass chaos an complaints.... stealing money for pvp will be bad... getting paid for it will be good
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 am

bump, eta on this being done? I'll do it if you're too busy pat king
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:29 pm

I've been awaiting the next RB, but they've taken weeks for it to come out.

If you want to do it, go ahead. Just make sure you let me know of any configs before you put it on the server. Wink
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:25 am

okay I'll start working on it later today. When will you be on skype so we can discuss configs to keep eco balenced.
    mcuser12
    mcuser12
    Owner
    Owner

Post by mcuser12 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Off and on all today, I'm sick as hell.
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:32 pm

ah okay, I'll be on 4ish eastern us time.
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 pm

This is interesting. Mostly I like it as a replacement for grinders, for a couple of reasons:

First, mob grinders DO devalue freeds. Sure, they take some space and a bit of brains, but once you have them, freeds are worthless, not to mention the fact that it IS POSSIBLE to ask OTHER PEOPLE to build a grinder for you.

Second, these mob grinders promote afking. After all, how cool would it be if you could just sit around and do something else and gain freeds in the meantime? Encouraging people to be afk creates dead servers, it appears many people are on, but half of them are just waiting for a block to fill with mobs to make themselves richer. Really I should not have to explain why it is bad to encourage extended periods of doing nothing, but there ya go.

Lastly, because of the aforementioned fact that grinders are not available to all, grinders create a great divide in the economy. People who cant get grinders CANNOT POSSIBLY KEEP UP with the rate at which people with grinders earn freeds. This means that any amount of money that a person without a grinder can offer is virtually nothing to someone with a grinder (after all, why not just spend a few more minutes afking at the grinder?). So, people without grinders can't do business except with others that dont have grinders, creating a poverty level economy, and people with grinders will only really do business with others that have grinders, creating an expanding wealthy economy. It may seem good that the econmy of the wealthy is expanding but all that is doing is creating a larger gap between the high and low wealth level economies.

So yeah, job system all the way.

Last edited by Lorecraft on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just putting in paragraph breaks to make it a bit easier to read)
    FERMIS
    FERMIS
    In-Game Admin

Post by FERMIS Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Even thought that is true the econ in freeds is relatively poor. When I thought of jobs I did not think of a replacement but rather an addition. Mobs should give freeds, but doing work, mining blocks, building etc should also give small amounts of freed. The main point is to bring the lower class of freeds to the middle and the middle class to middle - upper class. The more freed people have, the more they spend and this makes shops worth while. When adding jobs the amount of freed from a grinder will decrease but will still be there.

TL; DR jobs is planned as an add on for more freeds, monster freed drop will be reduced.

Last edited by FERMIS on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lorecraft
    Lorecraft

Post by Lorecraft Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah, I feel like putting value on doing something productive in the server instead of afk will pretty much eliminate the afk problem. No doubt, people will still afk at mob grinders, but they wont afk for the sake of afking, it'll be more likely that afk will become something that one really only does when one is off doing something irl and could then still be gaining a bit of money in the meantime. Jobs is a good simple way to put value on productive activity, so I am all for it as either an add on or a complete redo, just so long as the option to earn money that way does exist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:06 am